Motorola DROID 4 makes appearance again on DROIDDOES web site
0. phoneArena 20 Dec 2011, 18:00 posted on
The latest word is that Verizon will grace us with the Motorola DROID 4 on December 22nd; with that only two days away, a tipster for Pocxketnow was able to find some information about the latest DROID model on the DROIDDOES web site...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. remyrz (Posts: 190; Member since: 28 Oct 2010)
... those specs are from q2 2011... c'mon droid... :/
2. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5620; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
not the OMAP4. it's still the second best dual-core SoC available. it's being used in the Galaxy Nexus after all.
5. Allday28 (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Nov 2010)
This is using the 4430, but the nexus has the 4460 right?
7. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5620; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah but the only difference between the two is the 4460 has a slightly higher clocked GPU which is all well and good but you'll hardly be able to tell a difference between the two. Motorola is really used to the OMAP platform like HTC is used to Snapdragons and their devices perform really well with it. the Nexus will have a slight advantage for a minute because of the hardware acceleration used in Android 4.
6. Allday28 (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Nov 2010)
What specs are better right now? Please explain
3. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5620; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
this phone shall be the King's!
i'll have to do a warranty replacement on my Droid 3 to get it though. x.x
8. squeeb (Posts: 99; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
Can the king clarify what he means by 'warranty replacement' ?
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5620; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
pretty much if you're having enough problems consistently with a certain handset the carrier will at some point have to replace your model with a different one. i've done this before with my old Devour and my sister's Incredible. my Sister is still rocking the Incredible 2 she got from Verizon and the Droid 2 i got i sold in the Summer. how i'll get a Droid 4 is because all of the Android phones i've had on Verizon are Motorolas with Keyboards. that's what i've got to have and i'll settle for nothing less but now i can add a dual-core processor to the list because i've grown accustomed to the power and i shouldn't have to downgrade. i will however have to wait like a month because it takes a little while for carriers to receive their replacement stock from the OEMs. i'm on my 3rd Droid 3 now. i think i might need something a little more reliable.
10. Motatrola (Posts: 33; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
If this was going to be released on the 22nd wouldn't we be hearing about how BestBuy has these things in stock? We all new the Nexus was in stores for a while before they could sell them... No one has heard $h!t about these... WTF!!!
13. Sniggly (Posts: 7113; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
We didn't get the Nexus in our store until literally the night before it launched. So, no, you wouldn't necessarily have the phone in stores by now.
11. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5847; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Most likely release date is 12/22. Maybe the stars and the Moon will line up and D4s will issue forth. A friend is really wanting the D4 after seeing my RAZR. If the D4 is basically like my RAZR but with a keyboard, my friend is sold.
14. roldefol (Posts: 2971; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
It's close to the Razr but not quite. It's still using a PenTile LCD, which to my eyes is far inferior to the Razr's SAMOLED. It's a dealbreaker to me, but if your friend is used to regular WVGA LCD, it'll be fine.
Essentially this is a Droid 3 with a Razr shape, LTE and double the RAM.
21. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5620; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's not really bad at all on a 4.0" display bro.
26. roldefol (Posts: 2971; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
"not really bad at all" isn't a very good sales pitch when we've got the Nexus-Rezound-Razr triplets. A 4" qHD SAMOLED would have been impressive, but now I'm thinking Motorola only used SAMOLED on the Razr to make it that thin. I was hoping they were moving away from RGBW entirely.
29. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5620; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
eh, the keyboard and the removable battery is a good enough trade off for me. i don't get bent out of shape over a display.
12. snowgator (Posts: 3233; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Geez, what a great device this could be. It just seems to be the entire package for anyone wanting a full keyboard. Moto has had plenty of LTE experience now, and both the Bionic and the RAZR have been well received.
I am amazed on the Dec 22 launch date. Wasn't this slated for the Spring sometime? Isn't Verizon running the risk of the D4 getting lost in the high end Android shuffle? (Galaxy Nexus, RAZR, Rezound, Bionic and the Droid 4?)
15. bighandssmallpockets (Posts: 44; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Make this phone without the keyboard and watch it fly off the shelves. A phone with great specs and not a brick(in weight and/or size)? please?
19. cfprelude (Posts: 118; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
amen!!! i'd love to see a 4" screen version of the razr but make it 8.5mm or 9mm (bigger battery in the back instead of slightly thinner under the camera) and itd be soooo easy to hold and operate. if this droid4 is as thin as the og droid i still might buy it and never use the keyboard (like i never used my og droid's)
23. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5620; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the Original Droid's Keyboard SUCKED and that's part of the reason why i went with the Devour over it at the time. the Droid 3's keyboard is a real dream. best keyboard you can get on a phone and i'm sure lots of people agree with me.
25. cfprelude (Posts: 118; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
to me keyboards arent really important but i got the og droid because it was the best droid at the time. like i said - used it maybe once or twice in years other than the initial set up any time i flashed or reset it.
35. Firedrops (Posts: 215; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
In case you didn't realise, this is basically the Droid Razr, with a keyboard attached. If you don't want the keyboard, your phone with great specs and not a brick would be the Droid Razr.
38. bighandssmallpockets (Posts: 44; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Try Sticking the Razr in your front pocket and then sit in a car (Ouch!). That thing is so BIG...thin yeah and that's cool. It is even nice to look at but still way to big for a front pocket.
39. bighandssmallpockets (Posts: 44; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
I am looking for something more like the size of the Rhyme but the internal specs of the Razr. Top of the line camera specs and screen as well.
THAT is my dream phone...too bad I have to choose between bottom shelf specs on the right size phone or a great phone that will not fit comfortably in my pocket.
Too bad I don't wear suits anymore...;-)
16. Ultimatephonefreak (Posts: 20; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
2/2/12 Mark my words People!!!!!!!!!!
27. roldefol (Posts: 2971; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I really expect this phone...this week. In time for the holiday season. Verizon won't hype it at all because they're still pushing the Razr, just like they didn't hype the Droid 3. A high-end LTE qwerty rounds out their offerings quite nicely.
Price it at $200 though - it's closer to the Bionic than the Razr.
30. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5620; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i was thinking it would be $250-$280 but that works too. xD
28. Motatrola (Posts: 33; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I like to call it talking $h!t w/ no support...
31. Motatrola (Posts: 33; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I just called Verizon to see how they would react when asked about this... The sales rep said that he has only heard of the Droid 4 from online sources and has never once heard anything from Verizon about it. I don't want to believe him, but I kinda do. By the time this phone comes out the quad cores will be in the rumor mill and I will be addicted to that hype instead of this...
32. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5620; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
they'll probably announce it tomorrow and take up pre-orders for it.
33. Motatrola (Posts: 33; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I never pre-ordered a phone before.... How long after the pre-order do they usually release the phone?
34. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5620; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
all the times i remember Verizon doing pre-orders it's been a week.
36. Firedrops (Posts: 215; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
quad cores have already been in the rumor mill for some time, the SGS III, HTC Edge, Zeta, Asus Padfone(officially announced).
37. Motatrola (Posts: 33; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I guess I'm buying ther Razr or the Nexus - still undecided...