Motorola DROID 3 shows up on GLBenchmark 2.0 online test
0. phoneArena 20 Jun 2011, 18:45 posted on
The still unannounced Motorola DROID 3 performed well on the GLBenchmark 2.0 online test with the device finishing second in the Egypt benchmark (beaten out only by the LG Optimus 3D); in another test where software is more important, the DROID 3 finished a respectable fifth...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2941; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I don't understand why so many people care about these benchmark tests. I can score something like 1960 on my Droid X and then score only 1400 on it another test run. They mean nothing to me. As long as the phone runs smooth with little lag and web browsing has no issues. That's all that matters to me and it really seems like it's more for bragging purposes. Like as much as I would love to have a Samsung Galaxy S2, the phone getting 3,000-4000 on tests means nothing to me. It's just a way of saying "Ha ha my phone got a higher score than yours did", not really a big deal to me.
3. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Forget these benchmarks....I'm more excited about the custom UI's. The 3 major ones all show decent improvements.
I'm one of those in the minority that like the custom UI's more than stock Android....before Honeycomb anyway. Wish that could be on phones.
4. Sniggly (Posts: 6803; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
That will come with Ice Cream Sandwich. It's already said to be a combination of Android's phone and tablet iterations.
10. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
i definitely care about my scores, they kind of give you an idea of how much power the phone can put out when it needs to like with games and what-not.
5. Sniggly (Posts: 6803; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
If I wasn't looking for a 4G upgrade, the DROID 3 and X2 would both be on top of my list. Yes, I'm still waiting for the Bionic. :)
6. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2941; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I don't blame you at all. Why have one without the other when you can have both?
Sense, Touchwiz, and Moto.....whatever they are going to call it all look much improved. Sense has always been good but Touchwiz and Moto have really improved a lot.
7. Sniggly (Posts: 6803; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I agree. I always liked the functionality Blur had, but the new updates have made it an almost entirely brand new experience. And it looks like it'll be even more fun on the 3 and Bionic, which, btw, is now rumored for a launch around Independence day. Let's hope right? :)
8. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2941; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Yea its either the Bionic or SGS2 for me. Ugggggggghhhh I cannot wait.
9. Sniggly (Posts: 6803; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I don't mind waiting. Right now I don't want to make a move on a phone anyway, because I still don't know whether Verizon direct wants to hire me. If they do it'll be a waste to buy my own phone.
12. mostwantedbmw (Posts: 2; Member since: 20 Jun 2008)
I was in the same shoes, but i got impatient and upgraded to the Revolution. the Droid x2 has only about 60mb free ram after blur, and the Droid 3 wasnt out yet :P
13. Sniggly (Posts: 6803; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Are you saying that Blur is like Vista and keeps all the RAM even after bootup?
14. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I let my girl friend use my Droid X....she has been holding it hostage going on 2 months...
She's trying to make me get a new phone soon: she dropped it alot, spilled coffee on it....its still working but eventually she will kill it.
15. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
sounds like you need to put some pants on before you worry about another phone there guy... xD
16. fairly_mismatched (unregistered)
What's the bootloader situation? Moto make good on that unlocked promise yet?
17. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
no news on this phone, the most recent news is no..they're not coming out with them unlocked but they'll be unlocked in an update.