Motorola DROID 3 hits Verizon's website, you can get it now for $200
0. phoneArena posted on 07 Jul 2011, 05:18
The Motorola DROID 3 has finally arrived – the latest addition to the DROID series has hit Verizon's website and is now appearing in the new products page…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. Thump3rDX17 posted on 07 Jul 2011, 01:39 5 4
okay. what makes me so out of my mind for wanting this? especially since it's free for me? what is it?
7. TreyTreyTaylor posted on 07 Jul 2011, 02:00 5 2
Nothings wrong with being excited about getting the ONLY dual core phone with a keyboard he's just being an ass.
correction the mytouch slide 4g being the only other.
9. Thump3rDX17 posted on 07 Jul 2011, 02:15 1 0
yeah, it'll be interesting to see them be compared.
18. phonefan4 posted on 07 Jul 2011, 09:21 1 3
dont forget about the samsung epic 4g for sprint.
24. Thump3rDX17 posted on 07 Jul 2011, 10:52 2 0
sorry guy, it doesn't compare.
10. ivanprskalo posted on 07 Jul 2011, 02:25 2 1
I will consider it when it becomes global...
I love Droids and I can't live without physical keyboard... (ok, I can but I suffer greatly..)
11. Thump3rDX17 posted on 07 Jul 2011, 02:37 1 0
it IS global.
28. protozeloz posted on 07 Jul 2011, 11:58 1 0
it is :D
too bad it does not have 3G on 900's
37. DirtySanchez posted on 07 Jul 2011, 23:45 0 0
Try masturbating less
8. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 07 Jul 2011, 02:09 0 0
When you go to click on motorola droid 3 url it says page not found. No ordering it yet
12. Sniggly posted on 07 Jul 2011, 03:06 1 2
Yeehaw. The first Motorola phone shipping with Gingerblur right out of the box, and the keyboard looks great too. I have a very good friend, she has long nails so pure touchscreen typing is kind of an annoyance to her. She'll like this.
13. Immolate posted on 07 Jul 2011, 07:08 1 1
Ordered mine this morning, will have in hand on Friday. Yay!
Of course the biggest yay is that I have another upgrade later this month so the Bionic is also on the immediate horizon.
14. SirGZ (unregistered) posted on 07 Jul 2011, 07:31 0 0
Same! Cant wait till tomorrow!
15. snowgator posted on 07 Jul 2011, 08:01 0 0
A Verizon rep that a friend of mine uses said that LTE is at least at the end of 2012 for us, and I will still believe it when I see it. (Put money on 2013 at earliest.) This, the X2, and the well recieved HTC Trophy are all serious contenders for our buisness if we jump ship to Big Red about August. Once the Bionic and that mythical Samsung GS2 hit, this 200$ price may drop some. (I am a cheap person at heart!!) The phone looks great- one of the best laid out keyboards I have ever seen. Excited to see how the phone reacts to it's great processor. The X2 is alive and vibrant- very smooth. Expect nothing less from the Droid 3.
If these 2 are any indication, the Bionic and the Photon are gonna be beasts. Seems strange, I didn't think the Atrix was as nice. I liked it, but not the "wow" factor in the performance. Maybe just the one I tried. Maybe I should give it another chance...
16. Gary H (unregistered) posted on 07 Jul 2011, 08:42 0 0
I wonder how much RAM this device has?
19. random (unregistered) posted on 07 Jul 2011, 09:35 0 0
Is that the first Droid at the top?
21. iosmaster posted on 07 Jul 2011, 09:50 0 6
APPLE APPLE APPLE APPLE APPLE APPLE APPLE APPLE APPLE APPLE APPLE APPLE APPLE =D
25. jogutier posted on 07 Jul 2011, 11:00 2 0
Aparently this guy wants a Droid. I always love seeing Apple people on Droid stories. :D
22. me (unregistered) posted on 07 Jul 2011, 10:07 0 0
Yes! please will the first person to confirm tell us did this ship with the expected 512 ram, or did it get a last minute boost to 1gb
23. Jfish (unregistered) posted on 07 Jul 2011, 10:18 0 0
Is this 4g?
26. me (unregistered) posted on 07 Jul 2011, 11:24 0 0
I'm not one of the experts, but I'm pretty sure from what all sources say that it is a fact that it is NOT 4G
27. TreyTreyTaylor posted on 07 Jul 2011, 11:53 1 0
Yea it's looking like 512 mb of ram folks. Just looked at the 360 view. That is a dam good looking phone. If I wasn't so dead set on the Bionic id be all over this.
31. Sniggly posted on 07 Jul 2011, 13:00 1 1
Gingerblur will help take the load off of the 512 mb.
34. protozeloz posted on 07 Jul 2011, 17:47 1 0
still I have 512 on a low end defy anyone would tell you that a good processor is well complemented with a good mount of ram to manage tasks more flawlessly and much more talks at the same time with higher efficiency
40. The_Miz posted on 08 Jul 2011, 17:03 1 1
While all the bloat apps will take up a load as well.
32. Jesse C (unregistered) posted on 07 Jul 2011, 14:38 0 0
Your going to be waiting a lifetime for the bionic to come out, seeing as its a canceled project, the motorola tegra is going to be renamed to bionic and verizon is going to release that. Its a shame I had my heart set on the atrix twin sister the bionic not a rip off pos so Im gonna get the droid 3 in afew weeks once reviews start rolling in, but i"ll say this - the phone feels amazing and super high end construction it doesnt flex at all.
33. Sniggly posted on 07 Jul 2011, 14:42 0 1
You're operating on months old intel, broski. The Bionic is looking to be released next month.
36. koutrelakos posted on 07 Jul 2011, 22:52 0 0
The keyboard on this thing is awesome, and the device itself flies, even with Blur. If you are desperate for a high end Android with a keyboard, this is it... still waiting for the Function.
39. The_Miz posted on 08 Jul 2011, 17:02 0 0
I'd be impressed, but then again it's a Motorola phone which means 1. Motoblur, 2. Slow updates, 3. Locked bootloader, and 4. Bloatware
42. lolyoursofail (unregistered) posted on 09 Jul 2011, 14:03 0 1
your like one of the biggest troll kids on here .... just phones relax some.. don't have soo much hate !!
44. Thump3rDX17 posted on 09 Jul 2011, 14:16 0 1
hmm..if i remember correctly Motorola got Gingerbread on more of their phones faster than any other manufacturer this year. they even beat Samsung who has had the Gingerbread SDK longer.
45. lowerd1 (unregistered) posted on 10 Jul 2011, 13:26 0 0
Price dropped to $149 now.