Motorola DROID 2 A955 Preliminary Specifications
source: DROIDDOES via Engadget
This article contains unofficial information.
1. Cali_E (Posts: 196; Member since: 24 Sep 2008)
sick! too bad the bootloader is gunna be locked :(
2. PHONE_GEEK (Posts: 52; Member since: 01 Feb 2010)
AWESUMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad i am switching to at&t for the iPhone 4 and Verizon sucks where i live
21. Mightymack (Posts: 74; Member since: 16 Jul 2010)
well you must live on another planet or something lol jk
3. oddmanout (Posts: 439; Member since: 22 May 2009)
WICKKEDD!!!!! Too bad i have an evo thats so much better and cheaper.
22. tlang1064 (Posts: 47; Member since: 21 Feb 2010)
Is it 4g...does it have a front facing camera like the Evo? Until further notice, the best Android phone "available right now" is still the Evo.
4. YouLostTheGame (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
That slide out keyboard makes this phone a fatty! No thanks! I'll keep my eye on a Droid X when upgrade time comes in a couple months. That is, if nothing else is out to best it by then ;)
5. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3045; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Yea too bad its slimmest phone with a qwerty keyboard. Ya know phones with slide out keyboards can't be as slim as a needle.
6. ace1122 (Posts: 237; Member since: 23 Mar 2009)
Yeah this phone may not be the thinnest but its probably easier to fit in you pocket than the Droid X. I wish this phone didn't have the big chin still tho! But i still like it.
7. iheartblueberry (Posts: 78; Member since: 26 Apr 2010)
it doesnt have a chin anymore, did you look at the pictures at all? lol
8. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3045; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
That's the thing i love about android. There's a phone for everyone. One with a large screen, one with an average screen, one with a small screen, and one with a keyboard.
11. ace1122 (Posts: 237; Member since: 23 Mar 2009)
Yeah i looked at the pics! Well idk if it'd be called a chin but it still has that big... idk what you'd call it then... Chunk at the bottom.
9. osanilevich (Posts: 251; Member since: 29 Sep 2009)
I applaud motorola for their originality in design
10. jlt8604 (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Jul 2009)
Sweeeeeet!!! Too bad I *insert stupid remark about irrelevant phone here" !!!
12. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3045; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
The motorola droid is hardly thicker than the iphone 3gs. The droid had a qwerty while the iphone does not. So i give moto much credit.
13. wildturkey (Posts: 9; Member since: 25 Jun 2010)
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD! too bad my KIN TWO will never be outdated.
18. BlackberryUser (Posts: 609; Member since: 26 Jun 2009)
I think the Kin Two was thee best investment you could have made.
26. fishpower187 (Posts: 88; Member since: 22 Feb 2010)
+1 @Wildturkey. HA HA HA! What a sense of humor youve got there! Still, I think there may be hope for the KIN2. With thre internal hardware its packin, it pay be a decent device if someone could develop a way to load WP7 onto it.
16. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Wonder how it compares to DROID X as the specs seem alike.Ah well, AT&T has captivated me now...
17. scottmbolt (unregistered)
And people are still buying iPhones? Probably because they are ignorant, misinformed iSheep!
19. BlackberryUser (Posts: 609; Member since: 26 Jun 2009)
Are you suggesting the iPhone is not superior to this phone? The iPhone was carefully designed to ensure you hold it in the most ergonomical manner or it won't work. People assume this was a flaw, but Mr. Jobs was just trying to help reduce phone related injuries.
20. scottmbolt (unregistered)
27. fishpower187 (Posts: 88; Member since: 22 Feb 2010)
+1 BlackberryUser. Lord Steve Jobs is indeed a saint. He has delivered us from a darkened pre-iPhone world and you are right, HE is singlehandedly preventing cell phone related injuries! (that was all sarcasm, of course).
25. Cali_E (Posts: 196; Member since: 24 Sep 2008)
its funny that most of you are just commenting on what it looks like and not what it does. and then you front facing camera people, cool concept, but who really uses it right now? and go ahead and keep paying that extra $10 for that 4g service you don't get in your area. what a smart little consumer u are...sigh*
28. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I did not loko for a phone with camera flash and front facing cam in mind, that is why I purchased the SAMSUNG CAPTIVATE - simply an awesome phone.
30. osanilevich (Posts: 251; Member since: 29 Sep 2009)
the 10 dollars is only with the EVO 4G which honestly, with all the ads and hype, doesn't have much appeal to me anymore. All the other front facing camera phones don't cost a cent more and you can skype with family and friends from abroad. As for the droid 2, its just an improved keyboard with android 2.2 which isn't really necessary for a new model since so many people bought it already. they just could have had a minor recall (have you send in your droid on a specific date based on your model number) or something if some customers really hated their keyboard