Motorola Atrix 4G is one Olympian of a phone!
0. phoneArena 05 Jan 2011, 11:55 posted on
It seems like AT&T is having one very 4G-ish time here at CES 2011, as it just announced three new 4G-branded handsets, the Motorola Atrix 4G, Samsung Infuse 4G and HTC Inspire 4G...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Kakarotto (Posts: 101; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
I'm curious what screen resolution it has. 854x480? :(
5. Seylan (unregistered)
The screen resolution is 960x540. that means 275 dpi.
7. Kakarotto (Posts: 101; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
+25 more ppi to reach magical barrier of 300 ppi is too much for them? Always something sucks.
17. JAH-TECH (unregistered)
It is four times the resolution of the 1080p display standard, hence the name.
21. Cooper (unregistered)
umm..not quite..it;s qHD NOT QFHD, you really think a 4" mobile phone screen is going to have a higher res display than fullHD TV's?
i'm curious to how it will work with android apps meant for WVGA..
2. phunk (unregistered)
Please no blur
18. BobbyTaba (Posts: 316; Member since: 11 Aug 2010)
haha I was worried this would be good until I saw motoblur
23. josuearisty (Posts: 148; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I have no problem with blur, and if you dont like it, you can always use LauncherPro or something else.
3. reg123 (unregistered)
curious is to what 4g they are not launching 4g until 2012..is this hspa+, if so that really isn't 4g..
13. ecml (Posts: 129; Member since: 23 Mar 2010)
I believe they said that they will be launching LTE in Mid 2011 as well
4. skymitch89 (Posts: 1146; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
AT&T is really hitting T-Mobile in the ass with the new 4G phones. And HOLY CRAP!!!!! That is the most high-end smartphone and makes all the other high-end phones look like mid-range smartphones. Wonder how the HTC Thunderbolt is going to hold up against this. Hope AT&T replace their unlimited data soon because this phone will eat 5Gb without even thinking about it.
6. omarc26 (Posts: 357; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
does any one know if this phone has a front facing camera???
10. therygy (Posts: 94; Member since: 24 May 2010)
yeaaaahhh it does. the are pretty much standard on alll note worthy high end smartphones these days
11. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Samsung's new 4Gish phone has a front-facing camera...
8. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
wow..there is going to be one sure scary Droid announced for Verizon tomorrow!
12. archangel9 (Posts: 231; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
does anyone knows if it has flash for the camera?
19. mr.tee (unregistered)
according to this it does.
14. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 461; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
Bye-Bye wp7 Samsung Focus. I'll be upgrading to 1 of these new phones.
15. spinelessrabbit (Posts: 35; Member since: 28 Dec 2010)
Att Rocks see that world most powerful. well for now
16. baztah (Posts: 29; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Wooohooo! At&t didnt have much last year, but look now! 3 new 4g ANDROID phones! They're only on hspa+ though, but they are launching LTE devices on the 2nd half of the year! I might sell my iPhone 4 to get one of these new phones! :DD
22. josuearisty (Posts: 148; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
OMG this is gettin crazy, I knew this year MOBILES were going to be like this.
I wanna try this one!!
24. TareX (unregistered)
I love it, I'll get it. But I have one nitpick.... why the thick bezel? I mean look at the HTC and Samsung phones announced next to it The screen is almost edge-to-edge on them.
Anyway, won't get any better than that; and in my books, it's better than the LG Optimus 2X.
25. ItsaRaid (Posts: 3; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Does Anyone know what the rationale is behind the use of android 2.2 being used rather than the newest rev of Android?
26. tq3866 (unregistered)
Dude forget my iPhone, I want this! XD
27. oneandonly478 (Posts: 10; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
att has a whole new line up of phones htc inspire, motorola atrix which is also the same a verzion bionic , samsung infuse , sony ericsson xperia arc, all very nice , the iphone may be a thing of the past if they dont hurry and come out with no.5... i'm glad i havent upgraded from my iphone3gs yet.