Motorola Adventure V750 now available with Verizon Wireless

Posted: , by PhoneArena Team

Motorola Adventure V750 now available with Verizon Wireless
Motorola Adventure V750 is finally official, available for purchase through the Verizon Wireless website. This is the first phone of the carrier to utilize the new generation Push to Talk over CDMA EV-DO Rev. A network. This is similar to Sprint’s QChat offering, but the technology is slightly different and it won’t use the same name. Verizon calls such phones just “Rev A Push to Talk Capable”.

As stated previously, the Adventure V750 is a rugged clamshell with Military Spec 810F. It features a QVGA 2.2” internal display, 1.6” external one, 2-megapixel camera and microSD slot for memory expansion. It costs $100 with a two-year contract and unlimited PTT is $10 a month. Currently, it is the only phone listed under the Push to Talk tab at VZW’s site, but the Boulder is expected to be released as the second device to utilize the new technology.

source: Verizon (Thanks Omie)

1. td (unregistered)

come on with the boulder already. Glad to see the 5$ a month only. Soon as the boulder comes out I'm porting from AT&T

posted on 21 Jul 2008, 22:31

The Boulder flunked testing due to software issues. It should be out in a few weeks.

posted on 21 Jul 2008, 09:45

Verizon's website says that stand-by time is just 83 hours. What's with that?!?! Is that a misprint? Most other phones have a stand-by time of over 300 hrs.

posted on 21 Jul 2008, 16:22

5. Davz (unregistered)

Maybe they're actually being honest about it for a change. No phone I have ever had has come close to 100 hrs of standby time, despite their specs claiming >400 hrs.

posted on 21 Jul 2008, 09:51

who pays attention to those battery numbers. They're all crap anyway

posted on 21 Jul 2008, 13:50

Push to talk is a dead technology. Why waste millions to re-introduce this awful product.

posted on 21 Jul 2008, 16:43

6. phoneguy (unregistered)

NEW TECHNOLOGY LEARN HOW TO READ WITH Q CHAT PTT WILL BE JUST AS GOOD AS DIRECT CONNECT. ASK ANY CONTRACTOR OR CONSTRUCTION WORKER AND I GUARANTEE THAT PTT IS ESSESNTIAL. NOT AN AWEFUL PRODUCT QUITE USEFUL ACTUALLY THE OLD PLATFORM IS A DEAD TECHNOLOGY. INFORM YOURSELF BEFORE YOU MAKE STUPID COMMENTS!!!!!!!

posted on 27 Jul 2008, 14:56

almost any industry can use ptt we have sold tons of small business contracts already

posted on 21 Jul 2008, 18:08

7. LoveMeSomeMoto (unregistered)

Battery life is bad because the way VZW's PTT works, the phone is constantly pinging the network to let users know of availabilty status...

posted on 21 Jul 2008, 22:08

can you shut off the push to talk "pinging" and feature in general?

posted on 21 Jul 2008, 22:32

You can easily shut off the phone's PTT capability in the Settings n Tools menu.

posted on 22 Jul 2008, 07:09

That's good to know. I would like to get this phone but I don't want the PTT service.

posted on 21 Jul 2008, 22:43

thanks-- is it water resistent like the casio gzones or just shock dust resisent?

posted on 22 Jul 2008, 10:39

It is water resistant per the mil-spec std for "driving rain". However, it is not rated for submersion (like Gzones were & Boulder will be)

posted on 22 Jul 2008, 21:47

Oddly enough, it is "resistant" to "Salt Fog" ( as listed in the company specs ). Will someone PLEASE tell me what the hell SALT FOG is? I'm just assuming it's water vapor from the sea. Someone please confirms this for me.

posted on 23 Jul 2008, 08:41

Has anyone gotten this phone yet and if you have are you a ptt sub, do you like it (phone and ptt) and would you recommend it to others

posted on 23 Jul 2008, 16:31

I just tried to upgrade to it, but the online site force is forcing me to purchase the $5/mo PTT service - anyone else getting this too?

posted on 25 Jul 2008, 20:13

24. SDdave (unregistered)

Had the same problem. Called Verizon, they said buy the phone, then cancel PTT. I did that, called two days after activating the phone to cancel PTT, they said I wasn't being charged for it. Will keep watching. But the point is - buy the phone, then cancel PTT, if necessary. The phone's great.

posted on 23 Jul 2008, 17:01

an update to my previous comment at Jul 23rd 2008 04:31 pm...I just had this session with a Verizon Sales Rep Michele.: They are telling me with this new phone the 5.00 charge is a have to option online but can be immediately canceled if you do not want it. Michele.: Does this help? You: so you have to get the option, then call in to cancel? seems like a pain in the neck You: would it be better for me to call in and order w/out ever getting that option? Michele.: Yes I agree but that is the way for some reason they have set it up. You: ok - so you are positive I can cancel it? I am still a bit apprehensive about this... Michele.: I understand and yes I ask a supervisor you can cancel it. Michele.: I do understand the apprehension. You: ok - thanks Michele.: You are welcome.

posted on 23 Jul 2008, 17:37

got the phone today... not waterproof and probably not water resistant either--- looking at the design i would not get it even close to rain... probably can drop it though... I sent it back and will get the boulder-- being relesed on the 28th they said...

posted on 23 Jul 2008, 17:38

ypu have to buy the phone with the $5ptt monthly charge then activate the phone and cancel the ptt feature ovder the phone with verizn

posted on 24 Jul 2008, 00:47

20. Leo (unregistered)

You don't have to pay for PPT when you ordering the phone. I ordered as a 2-year upgrade over the phone. I called 888-924-7934 Ext: 8221 and spoke with Sophia Rivas. She was very nice and understanding. Got a phone without any need to order PTT feature.

posted on 24 Jul 2008, 11:36

Just got the new phone - but pretty disappointed in the USB interface. The plug for it is not the same as my old Maxx VE so now I will have to buy specific chargers and USB interface cables - Part of the reason I wanted to upgrade was to give my wife the old Motorola so we will both be using the same chargers and interfaces. Otherwise a nice phone - great feel, oh well - this thing is going back to Verizon. Bad move Motorola, this phone is garbage to me.

posted on 24 Jul 2008, 11:46

update about the usb interface - looks like there are cheap adapters available -

posted on 28 Jul 2008, 15:30

29. Sufcc (unregistered)

The v750 has a MicroUSB interface, not MiniUSB like most motorola phones currently have. Get a w755 if looking for a new motorola with MiniUSB.

posted on 25 Jul 2008, 00:33

Will the Boulder be a Verizon phone?

posted on 27 Jul 2008, 15:00

only verizon

posted on 26 Jul 2008, 03:31

25. Karlos89 (unregistered)

Re #4: Why waste money making PTT over rev.a ??? Try telling that to the over 18 million i-den subscribers on the shitty ass nextel network. Business contractors and people in construction need PTT. Almost every nextel user says the hate the network they are on but need direct connect in less than a second. Verizon's PTT over rev.a and Sprint's Q-chat gives them that. Verizon is smart and is going after those 18 million subscribers and giving them a second option. It's a win win situation for every consumer if they have a choice on who they do business with.

posted on 28 Jul 2008, 15:29

28. Sufcc (unregistered)

The PTT evdo works really well, just as good as nextels PTT service. Had it for a few hours with a live demo with two 750s. Along with online contact management and the ability to push contacts to PTT phones, its a great service if its something you are looking for and only $5 more on a voice plan. Or there is PTT only plans available.

posted on 28 Jul 2008, 18:56

That price beats S/N's on fam plans at least, the individual messaging and everything plans have it included but the fams have to pay ten per line.