Motorola ATRIX 4G to be pulled at Costco and replaced by mystery phone
On the other hand, reps are instructed to remove the ATRIX 4G price tag and replace it with a sign that reads "New Handset Coming Soon!" until July 24th when new signage is due to hit the stores. It is a very intriguing situation and hopefully by Sunday we will have an idea what phone is replacing the Motorola ATRIX 4G at Costco. Any ideas of which model could replace "The World's Most Powerful Smartphone"?
This internal memo suggests that a mystery handset is replacing the Motorola ATRIX 4G at Costco as soon as this Sunday
7. cheetah2k posted on 21 Jul 2011, 21:30 0 0
No way. Not even the new Nexus handset will be out by then - More like Oct-Nov 2011..
11. iankellogg posted on 21 Jul 2011, 22:20 1 0
not the new nexus, the old nexus S that at&t just got this week.
2. networkdood posted on 21 Jul 2011, 21:06 1 1
ok, that does not sound right - pull a high-end phone for an above average ANDROID?
6. cheetah2k posted on 21 Jul 2011, 21:28 1 0
Yep... I'd pull a supposed "high end phone" that never made it to Gingerbread in 1H 2011 too.. Its probably going to be the Galaxy S II :-D
9. HHat (unregistered) posted on 21 Jul 2011, 21:38 0 0
most likely the lg thrill
14. networkdood posted on 21 Jul 2011, 23:04 0 0
thrill 3D....that phone is more likely....
13. networkdood posted on 21 Jul 2011, 23:03 0 0
That is what it would have to be - maybe the should sell the ATRIX for 99.99 then? Or, was that the price already? The SG 2 would def be a great seller.
3. vvelez5 posted on 21 Jul 2011, 21:09 0 0
I am very interested in what it could be? Most likely would just be a let down though.
4. bunnsguy posted on 21 Jul 2011, 21:09 0 0
If it could be anything other than the Nexus S what could it be? SGS II? Any other ideas?
5. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 21 Jul 2011, 21:18 0 0
I'm willing to bet it's just going to be the Atrix with GB.
8. HH (unregistered) posted on 21 Jul 2011, 21:38 0 0
probably the lg thrill
10. Dad (unregistered) posted on 21 Jul 2011, 21:41 0 0
its going to be the lg 4g thrill. s 2 is due in august, nexus s comes out sunday at best buy only so the only possible explanation is lg 4g thrill
12. possibly... (unregistered) posted on 21 Jul 2011, 22:21 0 0
if its not for at&t...possibly the Droid Bionic? possibly...
15. networkdood posted on 21 Jul 2011, 23:04 0 0
SGS 2 is going to be called the ATTAIN for AT&T, I believe...
16. wtf (unregistered) posted on 21 Jul 2011, 23:27 0 0
what are yall still guessing about? its OBVIOUSLY the LG Thrill, no doubt.
17. coolax (unregistered) posted on 21 Jul 2011, 23:43 1 0
LG Thrill 4G!!! Our store (AT&T Authorized Dealer) already got the tag banners (banner that goes behind the price tag) for the phone on monday. When we get these banners for new phones they usually release within a week. So it makes PERFECT sense that it will be the LG Thrill 4G :-)
18. skymitch89 posted on 21 Jul 2011, 23:48 1 0
I think that that might mean the EOL for the Atrix.
19. snowgator posted on 22 Jul 2011, 00:28 0 0
The Atrix just didn't seem to maintain it's sells. That seems near unfathomable considering AT&T's lack of dual-core options, its initial success and the excellent reviews. Truly wonder why it never hit it's stride. I know the docking bay and it's extras were expensive and not well performing, but the device itself seemed solid. Strange.
20. John K (unregistered) posted on 22 Jul 2011, 04:26 0 0
The AT&T branded Nexus S is the most likely culprit given the date and all being the 24th which would be its release date on the AT&T network
23. coolax (unregistered) posted on 22 Jul 2011, 09:44 0 0
The nexus s will only be available at best buy. So it can't be it.
21. John K (unregistered) posted on 22 Jul 2011, 04:30 1 0
@skymitch89 variable really its still one of motorola's flagship phones and its still a great phone... i think the cost originally tied with the docks and all that it had for the webtop stuff seemed gimicky to some people, it still sells okish but costco wants stuff that will move much quicker so will take a slower selling phone off the market (lets not mention that the bootloader being locked will hinder sales too)
I think if the gingerbread update goes will for the atrix that they might end up selling better given they are priced much much lower now (and once the unlocked bootloader update hits yeah hehehe)
22. Atrix/4G-2.0 (unregistered) posted on 22 Jul 2011, 07:52 0 0
Well based off wat i been seein theres a few phones tht it could be cause i do remember a few days ago seeing a post about a mystery moto device codename MB886 nd since the atrix is the MB860 it could be an atrix more compatible with future android updates but it could be the thrill like some have said cause i doubt its the nexus or attain