Motorola ATRIX 4G and HTC Inspire 4G both receive an AT&T upgrade that turns on their HSUPA radios
0. phoneArena posted on 30 Apr 2011, 08:06
AT&T has sent out two updates for the Motorola ATRIX 4G that fixes some bugs, makes some improvements and finally turns on the HSUPA radio which means faster upload speeds; a similar update was sent out for the HTC Inspire 4G...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. snowgator posted on 30 Apr 2011, 08:12 0
Question: These updates refer to those devices already purchased. But, as a general rule, if I went to AT&T and bought one of these phones new after the update came out, would they still need the upgrade, or would they be there when the new phone is activated?
(Again, more of a general question for all upgrades, not meaning these two only.)
11. Jeradiah3 posted on 01 May 2011, 02:19 0
i believe so. the units that are bought at the store probably werent upgraded b4 purchase
2. clevername posted on 30 Apr 2011, 08:21 1
The way this usually works, for all upgrades on all devices, is that phones that are already out in the field And already in stock as well as in transit to stores and other locations will be needing the update once it gets to a users hands. Only the handsets that have software installed after the update get it. Get it? As for the time it takes for handsets to be sold with the update, that depends on shipping schedules, manufacturing schedules, and also sales. If the device sells like hotcakes stores will get new ones faster.
3. rothenba (unregistered) posted on 30 Apr 2011, 12:48 0
I tried to update my Atrix, when I hit the download the msg received say's "Update has been recalled, no further action required".
4. jessicAsmith (unregistered) posted on 30 Apr 2011, 13:13 0
Well about time I installed it on my atrix. I have been an att customer for 2 years I had a captivate before and I have never seen speeds this fast on att before over here in los Angeles I'm surprised. On my captivate the fastest I ever saw was 3 mbps up and 3 mbps down. Now on my atrix I'm seeing 3-6 mbps up and 3-5 mbps down so far I'm luving it lol
12. networkdood posted on 01 May 2011, 09:36 0
cool, I have the cappy and get 3-5 Mbps down and .5-1.5 up....can't wait to upgrade next year...quad processor phones with 2GB ram and 2GHZ processors are coming out soon.
5. Sniggly posted on 30 Apr 2011, 13:53 1
Well, it took them until the very last day of the month, but they did it in April like they said. :D
7. JordanCox posted on 01 May 2011, 00:13 0
I have the Motorola Atrix and i haven't gotten this update yet. Wtf?
9. zafrir posted on 01 May 2011, 00:44 0
I haven't either and also have the Atrix. I think AT&T is rolling it out in phases. You will probably receive the update in the next few days.
10. JordanCox posted on 01 May 2011, 00:50 0
Ok thank you. Happy to know i'm not the only one haha.
13. LoidDroidAnoid (unregistered) posted on 01 May 2011, 10:35 0
There is no update, evidently it's only rumors or there was one and it got pulled... either way a lot of Atrix and AT&T users are left in the dark... yet again.
14. nb2six posted on 01 May 2011, 15:29 0
the update came in for the inspire. I updated it last night. So far nothing too great as far as speeds go. still hitting the 3mbs max on dwnlds but up speeds have increased quite a bit. getting around 2-3 mbs.
15. InspectorGadget80 posted on 01 May 2011, 16:12 0
I NEVER RECEIVE MY UPDATE FOR MY ATRIX P.O.S AT&T.
16. JordanCox posted on 01 May 2011, 20:48 0
It's the weekend. Give them a brake and have some patience.
17. obnoxious9162775 posted on 02 May 2011, 14:56 0
Who knows with this thing. I have the Atrix and have been checking for the past four days and no update. WTF!!!!!