Motorola ATRIX 2 unboxing
0. phoneArena 18 Oct 2011, 22:24 posted on
Not surprisingly, the packaging of the Motorola ATRIX 2 seemingly follows accordingly to all other smartphones for AT&T, which is of course donning that all too peculiar white, orange, and blue colors to associate it with AT&T...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. willardcw4 (Posts: 169; Member since: 01 Oct 2011)
~$100 on contract ain't bad for this phone...
3. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1229; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Spec-wise, this is a great phone yet somehow it bores me. Probably the design. Looks too generic.
17. rayjones09 (Posts: 149; Member since: 16 Dec 2010)
Agreed. It's just too redundant. Android is a great Operating System but when phones are released so many times in one year with very incremental upgrades, it just becomes "just another Android phone".
4. gemmabba (Posts: 51; Member since: 09 May 2011)
it takes 43 seconds to boot (from 3:05-3:48)....nice
5. Netolic (Posts: 144; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
i just got it today. its a total of 90.89 bucks including tax
8. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
wow, what was the price without additional charges? and did you upgrade, or add a new line or start a new contract or what?
6. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
rating? 8.5? It shouldn't get lower than an 8, im getting this phone, what a great price, it's only $50 at walmart, does anyone not recommend getting phones at walmart? because I usually find the lowest prices there, and this is the only retailer which sells it for $50 when upgrading in a family plan.
12. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
they don't sell for $50 on amazon for an upgrade on a family plan, if you would read my whole post...
7. Simba501 (Posts: 27; Member since: 06 Jul 2011)
This device has flown under the radar big time....
9. itsius1 (Posts: 49; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
wonder if it can use the same acc as the attrix 1.... but i dont see the connection ports anywhere on the phone similar to the one as its predecessor...
15. Cyd07 (Posts: 83; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
Accessories I suppose. Dock and hd station and so on.
16. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
Ahh I see, i'm pretty sure it can't use the atrix 4g's dock because of its increased size, but im quite sure that vice-versa works because the new lapdock 100 is supposed to work with all devices that are capable of using a lapdock. As for other accessories, such as blue tooth headsets, those should work..
14. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Anyone who buys this phone will love GB 2.3.5 - I currently run KJ3 on my cappy - I get 2k Quadrant scores - it is like a new phone.
18. rayjones09 (Posts: 149; Member since: 16 Dec 2010)
This phone and the original Atrix sound almost the same! Besides, the original Atrix was released just earlier this year!!!
19. GrosseFatigue (Posts: 138; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
I got one yesterday
It is much improved
RGB screen better than the bleak screen of the Atrix 1
More responsive snappier overall experience using the keyboard and screen, less mistake
It is a honey of a cell
A year after #1 still one of the best phone out there
(I also have an Atrix 1 for personnal use)
20. rayjones09 (Posts: 149; Member since: 16 Dec 2010)
What is the criteria of "much better"? Because looking at the specs alone, they're quite similar. Normally you'd expect the second iteration of a device to be vastly superior.
22. GrosseFatigue (Posts: 138; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
If specs were all there is to be Samsumg would have the best cell phones
I have had only problems with Samsungs
This is a terrific phone, superior to the Atrix 1 in every respect that I still have
I will be using Atrix 2 for business
24. GrosseFatigue (Posts: 138; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
As I am getting more familiar with the Atrix 2 I am asking myself: why one, right now, should spend $300.00 on a cell phone when he can get an Atrix 2 for $100.00? This phone is close to perfection. I would wait for the quad phones next year.
25. jenmonath (Posts: 2; Member since: 07 Nov 2011)
I got the phone yesterday and it is great but I can't skype with it which is annoying. I can see them and hear them and they can hear me but not see me! Anyone know anything?
26. jenmonath (Posts: 2; Member since: 07 Nov 2011)
How do I stop email notifications on the Atrix2? Anyone please help!!