Moto X+1 release rumored to be September 25th
0. phoneArena 08 Aug 2014, 16:24 posted on
When we first heard about the Moto 360 smartwatch, Motorola said that it would be released in "late summer", a release window that was echoed during Google I/O. The general thinking has been that the 360 would be released alongside the Moto X+1, and we've been hoping that would happen sometime in August. Unfortunately, a new rumor is pushing back that release until late September...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Doakie (Posts: 1553; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Ugh. That seems like a long time. I want one now! Waaaaaaaah!
In all seriousness I'm looking forward to this phone and I think I'm getting rid of my Note 3 for it. Too bad it's after the new iPhone launch.
23. sgodsell (Posts: 2019; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
I wonder if they will release the moto 360 at the same time?
27. jackwong64 (Posts: 27; Member since: 23 Apr 2014)
No matter it is before or after iPhone launch.
I am sure people would wait until both phones are available.
If the price is affordable, I don't mind to get a spare phone.
2. PootisMan (Posts: 223; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Damn it Moto why not release it sooner!? I want it now! Lol!
3. syncronyze (Posts: 103; Member since: 26 Apr 2014)
I'm going to love this phone, just as long as it doesn't look like the prototype......
4. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I may or may not get this phone. There are a good amount of phones coming that I want to hear about first (next flagship wp device, note 4, iPhone 6, hell I might even wait for the z4)
5. motocraze (Posts: 5; Member since: 07 Aug 2014)
How about the Nexus 6? Wont it be announce around that time?
7. fzacek (Posts: 2420; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
More like late October or early November...
6. foreverjin08 (Posts: 51; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
Why they don't release the phone the same day as the new iphone? It's so ridiculous!
8. fzacek (Posts: 2420; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I'm really not looking forward to this phone. I just know that Motorola is going to ruin the best thing that the Moto X had going for it by giving it a 5"+ display...
9. ptikjp (Posts: 6; Member since: 08 Aug 2014)
Moto ... please don't fail to sell this phone directly at T-mobile stores. The average shopper will not purchase a phone online outside of the carrier store. This phone should have a physical presence in the store so users can see; hold and play with it.
T-mobile store reps should be able to sell you a customization code for use on moto maker site..
15. antmiu2 (Posts: 254; Member since: 19 Jun 2011)
by the time the x+1 drops, there will be phones with the snapdragon 805 available
20. erikiksaz (Posts: 142; Member since: 22 Apr 2010)
And that means nothing. Motorola's near-AOSP roms run ridiculously smooth compared to skinned Android. My friend who recently "upgraded" to a G3 with it's fancy SD 801 says his old Moto X was much faster.
24. sgodsell (Posts: 2019; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Do you even know the difference between the 801 and the 805? The clock speed goes up to 2.45 GHz for the 801 and the 805 goes up to 2.7 GHz. The GPU is slightly faster on the 805 vs the 801. The memory support on the 805 is quad channel 800mhz vs the 801 dual channel 933mhz. Both support the latest storage stand eMMC v5.0.
For the most part you won't even notice a difference.
28. PootisMan (Posts: 223; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Your partially right except tour forgetting that the 805 has newer Krait architecture named Krait 450 and also newer GPU architecture the Adreno 420.
25. Scott93274 (Posts: 1956; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
No, you said that the X+1 is 2 generations behind, name me a phone from two years ago that had a 801 processor... or do you just suffer from diarrhea of the mouth?
12. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5706; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Well the X was behind specs wise. I don't see how this would be any different.
31. Scott93274 (Posts: 1956; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
One might think that someone such as yourself who loves the iPhone would understand the benefits of software that's optimized for the phone, but nope, you just keep running your mouth, enjoying the rattling sound of your empty head. The biggest phone release of the year is the Galaxy s5 thus far and they both have the 801 processor, as well as 2 GB of RAM. Saying that this phone will be behind in specs just show you are either absolutely ignorant, or that you're a troll that comes to the Motorola articles simply to pick fights. We all know that you've been told that the "under powered" Moto X from last year still performs just as well as current gen flagships, but apparently you know a lot more about a phone you've never actually used than all the people who own the phone that been arguing with you telling you it's awesome.
13. realjjj (Posts: 243; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
Verizon almost always has late launches compared to other carriers, guess they got more bloadt to install....
So the actual launch could be in August.
14. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5706; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Way to go Motorola, release the X+1 right around the time the next iPhone is released along with the Galaxy Note 4. They didn't learn from their mistakes with the first Moto X.
They should have released it around this time or wait until November if they want it to sell.
18. Awalker (Posts: 867; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
What difference does it make? Do you think people are going to wait around to buy the phone in November?
26. uzimafioso (Posts: 129; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
If they launch it now they'll hurt themselves when iPhone launches and the note 4. If they price it good, people might go for it instead of a note or an iPhone. Why do you think its larger than this gen iPhone but smaller than note...
16. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5681; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'm excited but it looks like i'm gonna have a lot of major purchases to make right there around the same time. :/
17. Awalker (Posts: 867; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
This will be my next phone and I may also get the iPhone 6 which will be my first iPhone ever.
19. Classique (Posts: 63; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
I hope it keeps the "just right" size of the first one and just bumps the resolution and chipset and improve google now. The Moto X was flawless with an S4 I think the 800 or 801 is gonna make it even smoother I just hope it gets the fast updates that were promised with the moto x
21. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
This phone almost has a cult like following, I expect it should do well when its launched no matter timing.
29. OldNorseBruin (Posts: 212; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
The MOTOROLA Xphone didn't sell well mainly because most people were NOT willing to pay Top-Of-The-Line price for a phone that arguably had Mid-range specs...This Moto X+1 SHOULD have been last year's XPHONE!
30. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6989; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I hope Motorola would do a trade in. Wouldn't mine trading my Z1 for the X1 and will buy the Moto 360.