Moto X will start at just $349 off-contract on Cyber Monday
1. Shatter (Posts: 1766; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Cool Nexus 5 is $350 every day and much better.
3. DaHarder (Posts: 133; Member since: 10 Oct 2009)
'much better' = Very Debatable...
The Nexus 5 is a nice device but the rather poor battery life really kills it for those of us who place a priority on actual having a device they can use without worrying about such things.
I know, from experience, that the Moto X delivers very good battery life, exceptional ergonomics and unmatched customization options... All Very Compelling Selling Points.
5. Taters (Posts: 2392; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I personally agree with the Nexus 5 being much better. Much much much much better actually.
12. moolotovzz (Posts: 24; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
You have some serious debating skills, all arguments can be killed with 4x much :P
16. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5483; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
and just what warrants the Nexus 5 being that much better than the Moto X?
20. jove39 (Posts: 1206; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
S800...FHD display...first to get latest android OS.
25. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5483; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the S800 is great but you're hardly using any of the power at it's disposal, the Moto X runs anything as well and as smoothly thanks to having 720P + an Adreno 320 GPU which leads me to my point about the display. it looks fine plus it allows better performance. who needs over 400+ ppi? big whoop, i'll just wait a couple more weeks after the Nexus 5 gets whatever's next. i already have Kit Kat.
30. Taters (Posts: 2392; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I saw the moto x stutter the very first hands on with it. I never saw any Nexus 5 stutter one bit. The S800 does wonders.
31. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5483; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
you'd be the only one that's ever seen this.
critics stand by the Moto X. it just got Android Central's Best Android Phone to buy even over the Nexus 5 and the Moto X beat out the Nexus 5 in a head to head comparison on their site. most critics have boners as big or bigger for the Moto X than they do the Nexus 5 and one thing you never hear about is poor performance by any stretch of the imagination. the S800 is great but it really doesn't show out much at all because we're well beyond the threshold of SoC's anywhere near the kind of development they're at now with the kind of OS's they're running to see any big performance differences in the performance in actual usage. i'm personally beyond the d**k swinging contests and just want a phone that suits me and works really well and i along with most critics really believe that the Moto X pushes the Smartphone experience past the envelope.
22. Taters (Posts: 2392; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Much better screen. Much better chip set. Much better accessories available. Much cheaper unlocked until now. Much better mod scene.
I probably should have used more than 4 muches in my last post.
27. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5483; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
see post 25 and what accessories are you referring to? the Moto X has a rich accessory ecosystem. who really needs a Mod on the Moto X? it's an AOSP ROM with great, practical features and root access.
37. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3659; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
He's basing his argument primarily on the spec sheet. It's got 2 more cores and +10 to the GPU, so it's obviously better.
I have no idea where he got the accessories bit from. I mean, come on;
I do agree with him on the mod scene thing. Nexus devices naturally have top-notch developer support. However, like you said, the Moto X has a very nice and useful stock experience. Sometimes people forget, the Moto X is aimed at consumers, the Nexus 5 is aimed at developers/modders, they are different devices for different kinds of people. Yes, the Nexus 5 has the opportunity to be a consumer device, and the Moto X has the opportunity to be a developer device, but that's not what the manufacturer intended them to be.
26. barondebxl (Posts: 101; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
The nexus 5 is definitely better. I dont know about much much much but its btter. Besides, the moto x should have launched with that price. Dont know why everyone is so excited...
6. Shatter (Posts: 1766; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Moto X has slightly longer battery life, only like 20 minutes longer its almost equal.
9. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Would have to agree with you on the X. Much higher quality and they generally test out better in reception as well.
11. Shatter (Posts: 1766; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Have you use a moto x? The plastic feels very cheap and I hate it.
17. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5483; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i own the Moto X.
it's actually made out of a plastic, kevlar composite and certainly does not feel cheap.
19. jove39 (Posts: 1206; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Do you have a nexus5? Ohh...actually if you had one...you'd know It's battery can easily stand a day's use.
4. oister85 (Posts: 385; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
$349 not bad. I have to checked The reviews for this device.
7. RussianLondoner (Posts: 9; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
Moto x is different and will be liked by those who Love what ONLY MOTO X does!
Nexus 5 is last gen. NEXUS, it is in league of it's own, price wise, specs wise...
8. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1037; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
I love my nexus 5 but this is a great deal. This has the nexus experience plus good battery life and colors. If this was the same price from the get go idk if I still would have chosen my N5.
10. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Might have to order myself one on Moto Maker. This is an awesome deal and the customization of the phone is great. My good friend's and my fiance's have been EXCELLENT phones.
13. EnigmaticPsychotic (Posts: 10; Member since: 26 Nov 2013)
I was thinking about buying a Moto G, but now I may get an ex instead.
14. JC557 (Posts: 702; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Nuts, they've actually drop down to a price I was hoping for... makes it so hard to resist if it's the same on the Verizon variant. If it is then the phone will come out to $290 after discount and taxes. $325 for a 32GB version (if that's available in Verizon and if they are participating).
And to think I recently got a Droid Razr M off Craigslist for $100...
15. Semion (Posts: 8; Member since: 27 Nov 2013)
Does anybody know when the woven white back will be available? I wanted one with Developer Edition design but for AT&T. Guys from support said that the demand for that back is high and they are out of stock. I read some posts about issues with it, maybe they had poor quality and stopped making them searching for a solution? Wooden backs are pretty too, but when do we get them?
I hope in January the price won't be higher.
18. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5483; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i wonder if you can get the $150 credit if you're still within your 14 days...
29. Commentator (Posts: 2183; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
If not you can just return it and buy it again.
32. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5483; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
which is probably why they'll credit me because that's what i'll tell them i'll do.
34. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5483; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i got it figured out.
Nexus 5 priced Moto X for the King. ;)
36. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5483; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i got Cement Gray w/ a Black Front and Black Accents.
the boot message says "Hello Moto X" as a tribute to the old school "Hello Moto" boot message.
39. lola99 (Posts: 31; Member since: 03 Aug 2013)
Be careful of the light colored backs vs. the darker ones. You'll see motorola describe them as "smooth" and the darker ones as "non-slip", the "smooth" ones are slippery. You'll def. need a case. Just fyi. (love my moto x).
23. fanboy1974 (Posts: 998; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
This should be $300 at most for the 32gig model.
28. 14545 (Posts: 992; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Why? That's just ridiculous. 350 is what it should have been when it came out though. 400 for the 32 gb, or 375.
24. TerryCrowley (Posts: 184; Member since: 31 Jul 2011)
Looks like I'll get a Moto X to compliment my N5.
33. droidboy (Posts: 31; Member since: 25 Nov 2012)
Totally getting one since no nexus 5 for verizon... totally going with batman colors!
40. droidboy (Posts: 31; Member since: 25 Nov 2012)
anyone know if this starts at midnight (monday morning) for cyber monday?!
41. Semion (Posts: 8; Member since: 27 Nov 2013)
I asked the guys from support about it and they confirmed that it starts at 0:00 . But no signs of discount until now... Maybe they are prepairing something more :)
42. TTGCEO (Posts: 6; Member since: 04 Oct 2013)
Just spoke to a rep and she told me it would start at 8:00am today.
43. Semion (Posts: 8; Member since: 27 Nov 2013)
MotoMaker is not available for ordering one. Only e-mail design option is there. They are definetly prepairing wooden backs))