Moto X seen handled by a Motorola exec (video), confirming leaks
0. phoneArena 12 Jul 2013, 08:36 posted on
Remember how we expected to hear something official on the Moto X during an allegedly Motorola-hosted event yesterday? And do you also remember how that hope was ruthlessly extinguished subsequently? We do!...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Piotrek007 (Posts: 80; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Ugh... 720p, yet still blurrs everything and cant see details o.0
2. NexusPhan (Posts: 424; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
As far as I can tell, you are wrong. Those are two damn different phones. One is the international variant, one is the US version. Stop confusing them. Note the high precision of the speakers on the back left of the previous leaks and the larger holes on the back right of the recent leaks. Different variants of the phone. It will not be that cheap plastic fatty phone with two sim cards we've seen leaked this past week.
6. Chris.P (Posts: 260; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
Upon a closer inspection, we agreed. Text has been edited. :)
7. NexusPhan (Posts: 424; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Wow. Thanks! Now I feel like an jerk for the first sentence. Haha. Sorry. I was just getting sick of the cheap plastic thick phone comments going around because of that dual SIM variant leak.
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7726; Member since: 14 May 2012)
That's a really creepy smile... Just saying.
And with video capture now at 720p and even 1080p, viseos are still blurry and just a pain to watch. It looks like a different variant from what I've seen from the leaks.
10. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
A lil blurry but actually its not that bad look good to me
5. MrMagoo (Posts: 12; Member since: 28 Jun 2013)
This is a good new! It would be bad if the exec was catched using an iPhone like the Samsung exec in Korea LOL!!!
8. apple4never (Posts: 934; Member since: 08 May 2013)
this is hardly the moto x beast we were all talking about in january -_- specs wise
9. Synack (Posts: 664; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Yeah, I was trying to give reason to giving up my HTC One for it, but the specs just don't add up for me.
12. kozza3 (Posts: 574; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
its not about the specs bro, its the EXPERIENCE!!
14. Sniggly (Posts: 6803; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
But no, really, specs don't matter nearly as much anymore so long as the phone is good.
15. apple4never (Posts: 934; Member since: 08 May 2013)
but like seriously a dual core for a flagship -_- we were expecting a quad core snapdragon s800 at like 1.9 ghz full hd screen 17mp camera, like i bought a cheap phone i could justify using for 2 months for this. guess im sticking with it. and for experience; its not really even future resistant forget future proof like a dualcore is gonna lag in a couple months and the experience is gonna start lacking
18. Sniggly (Posts: 6803; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
First of all, this is not meant to be a "flagship" by any means. It's meant to be an affordable, customizable, ACCESSIBLE smartphone.
Secondly, tell me how the Galaxy S3 lags all over the place. Spoiler alert: it doesn't.
19. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3947; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
This is definitely not a flagship. It was never meant to be. All the hype and rumors built it up to be that, but Motorola and Google have always been working on a mid range device.
Also, this definitely is future proof. My Galaxy S3 is future proof, dual core Snapdragon S4 with 2 GB of RAM, and it is buttery smooth. This is even more future proof, having the S4 Pro with Adreno 320, it's going to be one of the smoothest Android experiences out there.
Cores =/= performance. At this point, processor speeds are negligible from each other. What really matters is the GPU (but even that is becoming irrelevant), and the Adreno 320 in the S4 Pro is a beast.
20. apple4never (Posts: 934; Member since: 08 May 2013)
oh, never thought of it that way, i guess its hype has changed since i was last on ? sorry about that last time i was here on pa was when it was supposed to be the moto x beast
11. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6251; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
If I have few min interview with him. I'll just steal the phone from him
13. JunitoNH (Posts: 865; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Look at my new Moto X device, doesn't it look exactly just like the other four hundred in the market?
16. ztkells (Posts: 7; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
Is it just me, or does this phone seem a bit like the DNA? Seems like the same design and material. From the back at least.
21. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6251; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
But still like too see A RED or yellow X VERSION not black or silver those are boring plain colors