Moto X Magic Glass photos leak
0. phoneArena 30 Jul 2013, 09:04 posted on
Just a few days ago, Moto X leaker extraordinaire Taylor Wimberly came out saying that the Motorola Moto X would have something called "Magic Glass", which is Motorola's way to make the display glass and handset body feel continuous using a single layer of Gorilla Glass that has been molded to a special polymer. It sounds good, and now we're seeing some high quality photos of the Magic Glass component...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I'm less interested in the Magic Glass or what grade of Gorilla Glass they use, and more keen on what the screen size is. It looks like an edge-to-edge screen, which is good, but do we have confirmation that it's 4.7"?
2. halon77 (Posts: 3; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Where have you been? 4.7 was confirmed a few weeks ago.
4. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I've seen that number all over the place, but where was it confirmed by Motorola?
6. halon77 (Posts: 3; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Picture on Reddit from someone who had the actual phone with a tape measure on top of the screen showing 4.7". If you want more proof then quit asking and wait for the event on Thursday.
7. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
No need to get testy. I was just asking where the number came from. I don't recall that Reddit photo being posted here.
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
So this is why you deleted my comment...
I posted a link to gsmarena's article about the same but it was to point out the option of expandable storage.
But it's not mentioned here...hm...
5. halon77 (Posts: 3; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
If I'm looking at the same article you are talking about from gsmarena, it states..."It's likely the device will feature...expandable storage...". That is not fact. That is a guess.
8. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
"It's likely..." enough said.
What my point is, i guess i was too early to post something related to this 'X magic glass' when PA hasn't reported it yet.
By the way, most of us thrive on rumors don't we? XD.
10. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Our source at Motorola has confirmed multiple times that the device will not feature expandable storage. We don't want to get people's hopes up by reporting unverified rumors that conflict with what our source says.
19. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Why do no companies make cases that have micro SD slots in them and use the micro usb port/NFC?
9. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I think the issue is that you posted a link to a competitor news site, rather than using the "TIP US" link on the home page.
11. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
And, yes, that's why the comment was removed.
13. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I thought Gsmarena and PA went hand in hand, if you know what i mean.
So...does this mean URLs won't be accepted? Or it depends?
16. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Although I had to click on the link to confirm that it wasn't just "leave us a token of monetary appreciation".
17. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I almost typed that...at first, my thought on 'Tip us' was something related to monetary contributions as well.
14. dirtydirty00 (Posts: 394; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
i still dont get this magic glass thing... just a thin bezel to me. just as thin as others. nothing special
15. cretinick (Posts: 147; Member since: 25 Jan 2011)
I don't know if I get it either.
What I think it is, is this:
If you look at the edge of the screen in your phone (I think all the phones are like this) you can see a little gap between the glass and the phone structure. In the Magic Glass (I think they are teasing Apple with this name) you will not be able to see any gap.
From that Picture, seems to me, that this Magic Glass, will be extremelly easy to change, too. Perhaps this is part of the customizable thing they are talking about, and everyone can change the front Glass and the frame colors. If it is true, and the price is good, Screen protectors will be a something from the past.
18. imeubeu (Posts: 59; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
if im not mistaken...ads go out this sunday at radio shack
20. boxxtronix (Posts: 2; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
This so call magic glass concept is nothing new to me. If you had one and remember the Palm Pre used that seamless contour style. It might not been guerrilla glass but it had no seams around the display. How ever it was a two piece keyboard down slider.