Moto G against the world: size comparison
0. phoneArena 13 Nov 2013, 09:39 posted on
When the Moto X came out, it surprised us with how compact its body was, considering its large, 4.7" display. Even with such a sizable screen, it was almost as small as the iPhone 5s, and that means something. This is definitely a design characteristic we'd love to see with as many other smartphones as possible. Well, now that the Moto G has just been announced, we're eager to see if it has kept this valuable trait...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Genersis (Posts: 178; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I was expecting a mm less in width, but it's still great for a 4.5 inch display.
2. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2117; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Repost: The Moto G has a smaller screen & battery, but is bigger in all three dimensions & weighs more than the Moto X? o_O
3. NexusPhan (Posts: 392; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Yes. At one third of the cost. Why are you remotely surprised by this?
4. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2117; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
It doesn't surprise you that the phone with the smaller screen is taller, wider, & thicker even though Moto says the G has an edge-to-edge display? They're both made by Motorola. It's not like we're comparing a slim-bezeled Samsung or LG phone to a Sony here.
5. quyenqchau0813 (Posts: 78; Member since: 22 Mar 2013)
who's going to pay for the one who design the internal inside the phone that makes it smaller? Certainly by paying 179$ for each, we won't be the one to pay them right?
6. boosook (Posts: 929; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Some people want everything for the lowest possible price, and would never be satisifed even if the price were $1.
7. TomTheNerd (Posts: 67; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
no, i'm not surprised that the phone features smaller components but bigger dimensions than the moto x. it's a mid-range device, it's not going to be a 0.5mm bezel, 7mm thin, iphone 4s-sized device.
8. livyatan (Posts: 679; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Not impressed with space management.
Example - the ancient HTC HD 2 is smaller than iPhone 5s and has a screen of 4.3'' diagonal
9. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2117; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Not true. The HD2 is both wider & thicker than the 5s. Look up the dimensions. The 5s is a little taller, but overall the dimensions of the HD2 are definitely bigger.
10. livyatan (Posts: 679; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Thanks for the clarification.
My point should've been that HD2 is shorter than the iPhone.. and is a whole centimeter shorter than this Motorola.
The Sony Xperia ZL and LG G2 are the real examples of how efficient size management should look like.