Most expensive iPhones and iPads are sold in Brazil
0. phoneArena posted on 20 Feb 2012, 03:49
If you think that a brand new iPhone or iPad is a pricey investment, think again. In Brazil, the average price for an Apple product stands 28% above the average at $1,348...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tigermcm posted on 20 Feb 2012, 05:34 2 1
why would anyone pay a mortgage payment for a phone???
3. Giggity posted on 20 Feb 2012, 06:07 0 0
I'm sure they figured out Big Brother will spit out more and more stimulus packages to save their house in the end.
4. FilipeRokr posted on 20 Feb 2012, 06:14 0 3
hi i'm from brazil and this its really true, bad country!
23. FilipeRokr posted on 21 Feb 2012, 08:06 0 0
Girls, soccer anda rio de janeiro are the best, but, products is expensive, bad, and others
5. kazunorikobo posted on 20 Feb 2012, 07:04 3 0
I'm from Brazil too and here are some other numbers (U$):
RAZR(Not MAXX 'cos it wont get here):$1169
Galaxy SII International:$1023
Galaxy Nexus(In Brazil called "Galaxy X",not Nexus,"X"):$1110
Pentium Dual-Core+1Gb RAM+320Gb Samsung:$702
Brazil's govenment has dived in corruption and I don't think they have time to worry about stuff like this.The truth is that they work for themselves, not for us.
12. tigermcm posted on 20 Feb 2012, 08:41 1 0
WTF who pays for cellphones with prices like that in your country!!?? I feel disrespected and I'm in the US
29. Pauloricardo123 posted on 14 Jan 2013, 14:31 0 0
most people here in Brazil only buy the iphone because is expensive
17. bolaG posted on 20 Feb 2012, 12:03 0 0
Yup in Brazil Electronics are insanely overpriced. Thats why when ever I go back down there the family always has me bring a couple grand worth of electrionics
6. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 20 Feb 2012, 07:34 2 0
here in India iphone4s costs arround $1150. i dont think its because of taxes or any import duties as SGS II and moto Razr both are priced approx. $610 unlocked. the main reason could be apple`s profit policy. no wonder people dint give a positive response to ip4s while SGS II is still selling like hotcakes.
7. itiswhatitis posted on 20 Feb 2012, 07:41 1 0
Its' not about apple's profit policy because of inproper distribution (to get things here)which led to ip4s 64GB costing as much as $1150,besides there's no official proper store only authorised resellers are in the country.
8. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 20 Feb 2012, 07:48 0 0
i agree to it but still it says apple authorised reseller.
9. itiswhatitis posted on 20 Feb 2012, 08:00 0 0
which mean those resellers are independants and wants good profit out of brand such as apple which is considered 'LUXURY' or 'use it for status' in india.
18. the_s2 posted on 20 Feb 2012, 12:24 0 0
I got my GS2 from India, unlocked at $600 when it was $850-900 elsewhere. Electronics, except apple products are much cheaper in India.
10. bbblader posted on 20 Feb 2012, 08:09 1 0
and second place for where an iphone 4s is most expencive goes to: Bulgaria for 1 iphone 4s it costs $1000
11. cellgeek82 posted on 20 Feb 2012, 08:25 1 0
And I thought inflation here in the US was bad! I'm not complaining about prices again.
14. felipebr posted on 20 Feb 2012, 09:41 2 0
I'm from Brazil too, and here in Brazil we pay dearly for any electronic product, and smartphones are one of them, a GSII costs on an official store $ 1,038.00, and others as the official sony PS3 Brazil costs $ 800, and many Brazilians pay that and but for other products, a honda civic here in Brazil costs $ 40.000, a chev camaro cost $ 114,000, the world does not know, but we f**ked in the good things to buy here in Barsil
22. Goldeneye posted on 20 Feb 2012, 20:59 0 0
$114000 for a Chevy?!?!? That's just insane, even if I could afford a brand new sports car, I wouldn't pay a third of that amount for any American junk, sorry I'd rather spend that money on a Civic SI
16. Just_a_boy posted on 20 Feb 2012, 11:26 0 0
My dad bought an iPhone 4s for 2599 BRL or 1500 USD the prices in Brazil are crazy, so I always travel to U.S to buy things, and the prices in US are affordable to me, is cheap, I bought 2 iPhones 64gb unlocked for the price of one in my country, 1 iPad and 1MacBook air
20. leftheodo posted on 20 Feb 2012, 12:36 1 2
Here in Greece ( i guess you all know the situation here ) the iphone 4s 64 gb costs $1,190 (899 euros) ! The GS2 and HTC Sensation XE cost $850 and GNex $900. And yet some people ( that usually have no idea about technology ) choose to buy the iphone!
27. DiskaD posted on 18 Dec 2012, 12:07 0 0
I am from Greece, and I bought a brand new Gnex off contract just 300euro from the internet. We can buy from ebay(UK) and skroutz, so its not that bad.
25. buccob posted on 18 Dec 2012, 09:45 0 0
In Venezuela, an unlocked 64GB iPhone 5 would cost around 20000 BsF... which according to the "official" trade it amounts to US $ 4651.
SO... lets talk again about expensive...
26. gazmatic posted on 18 Dec 2012, 11:05 0 0
people need to understand that outside of america and the play store there are no subsidies...
we get the products at full price...plus tax... plus VAT...plus customs
one can pay well over $1000 for a $600 product
28. Pauloricardo123 posted on 14 Jan 2013, 12:34 0 0
A locked iphone 5 64gb in brazil costs $1474.84 and a Macbook pro with the more advanced specs costs more than $4917