Morgan Stanley: HTC to snap out of its 2012 hangover in Q4, buoyed by the Droid DNA and China
0. phoneArena posted on 10 Dec 2012, 05:25
Hot on the heels of the encouraging November report by HTC, which saw the revenue jump more than 20% month-on-month, now comes the Morgan Stanley analysis that Q4 as a whole is looking decent for the embattled Taiwanese phone maker, too...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. redmd posted on 10 Dec 2012, 05:31 5 2
great news for htc fans. the DROID DNA is relevant because it's the first phone to ship with full HD screen. but coming 2013 other OEM will release their own 1080p flavored phone. let's see what htc will do to keep itself relevant.
14. babyk posted on 10 Dec 2012, 09:18 1 0
m7 will take care of that htc one x was always better than s3 its just that the updates kept it back. ONe x plus kills everything imo. I will wait it out for M7.
10. blingblingthing posted on 10 Dec 2012, 06:23 8 0
How about some ads HTC. We see ads from Sammy and Apple. Show us your achievements.
13. Commentator posted on 10 Dec 2012, 09:06 3 0
HTC's been relying on Verizon and MS to showcase their hardware (DNA and 8X respectively). While I'm sure it's probably more cost efficient, I don't think it helps HTC build a brand as well as their own ads would.
2. TheLibertine posted on 10 Dec 2012, 05:32 7 3
Just keep phones like the One S and Droid DNA coming and we'll Hope HTC survives.
3. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 10 Dec 2012, 05:33 8 0
Consumers always reward innovation!
4. Thephonegeek posted on 10 Dec 2012, 05:35 2 1
Yet it isn't a big possibility for htc to reclaim it's position as Sony's plans are very big for 2013 including Odin and Yuga.
6. smallworld posted on 10 Dec 2012, 05:42 2 2
Now that Sony doubled HTC they're not going to leave their place to anyone !
7. kevkyle posted on 10 Dec 2012, 05:50 2 0
I'm confident all major android OEMs will return to profitability in 2013 apart from mighty Samsung...
....sony, HTC, LG, Motorola, etc - (", )
8. wendygarett posted on 10 Dec 2012, 05:52 2 8
im sorry to say that samsung remain the king for android, and the rest you may pack up and go back their home sweet home...
9. kevkyle posted on 10 Dec 2012, 06:09 8 0
oh wendy - there you are.....
phonearena's resident bipolar i-fairy ", )
12. lovefist posted on 10 Dec 2012, 07:01 2 1
more like ambivalent i-fairy but i find it amusing reading his/her comments lol.
16. gwuhua1984 posted on 10 Dec 2012, 10:29 1 0
Good job on HTC. Keep up the good work. Bring out more devices like the butterfly, listen to the majority of people's wants and HTC will be top of the game again.
17. android78 (unregistered) posted on 11 Dec 2012, 01:38 0 0
Great job htc, hope they do excellent in Q4. I really enjoy there products. I myself love my htc droid dna. Just keep up with the cool designs and start putting bigger batteries and sd card slot in your future phones and the sky is the limit for htc!!!!!!!!
18. lsutigers posted on 11 Dec 2012, 18:16 0 0
In the US, I dont understand why HTC made the One X, it's flagship, without an expandable memory slot and bigger battery. They gave Sprint the awesome EVO 4G LTE with the SD card slot, bigger battery and an aluminum body and a kickstand, so they clearly could have done it. Sprint obviously knew what the customer wanted when they asked HTC to build the next EVO but HTC failed to realize this? I don't get it, maybe they were all about giving carriers exclusive devices and Sprint ended up with the best model followed by AT&T with the One X and T-Mobile with the One S, although now both have the One X+ which is a beast.