More video of the Motorola DROID BIONIC leaks
0. phoneArena posted on 28 Aug 2011, 00:49
Another video has made the rounds showing the Motorola DROID BIONIC in action; we would suggest those prone to drooling keep a napkin handy as the first dual-core LTE enabled Verizon handset is put through the paces...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Yeeee posted on 28 Aug 2011, 01:00 0 0
Nice phone but if Verizon gives gingerbread to my droid incredible ill wait until the Nexus Prime
15. CantsayTHAT (unregistered) posted on 28 Aug 2011, 03:38 0 0
Verizon might not get the prime at all. Right now it's all rumors. Remember about a 2 weeks ago there were reports that a gs2 was seen at Verizon and now all of a sudden they said they won't carry it, so anything goes at this point. For me I'll wait until Tuesday to see if they say anything.
3. ltr (unregistered) posted on 28 Aug 2011, 01:09 0 0
I was hoping he would try a Youtube video, see how that looked.
4. Da_Miz (banned) posted on 28 Aug 2011, 01:18 0 0
it has a gig of ddr2 ram to use and lte. youtube will be smooth
14. CantsayTHAT (unregistered) posted on 28 Aug 2011, 03:35 0 0
the evo 3d and photon both have a gig and the in-line videos are not as smooth as the gs2.
16. Thump3rDX17 posted on 28 Aug 2011, 03:57 0 0
the Galaxy S II will be one of the only phones that performs better than the Bionic but it's still well ahead of the EVO 3D and the Photon.
24. Da_Miz (banned) posted on 28 Aug 2011, 08:39 0 0
I'm not sure if those are ddr2 ram
25. remixfa posted on 28 Aug 2011, 09:43 1 0
Evo uses craptastic snapdragon processor. Unless there are some coding errors the bionic should be smooth at all times with the Omap. Totally agree.. the only thing that will really be stronger is the SGS2.
37. TOdoubleD posted on 28 Aug 2011, 18:07 1 2
If they didn't tell you which processor was in the phone, you'd never be able to tell the difference between the 3, in every day use.
40. jogutier posted on 29 Aug 2011, 01:38 0 0
I beg to differ my thunderbolt and charge our way different.
41. remixfa posted on 29 Aug 2011, 08:11 1 0
sure I would. its called benchmark and gaming. :)
43. Thump3rDX17 posted on 29 Aug 2011, 13:29 0 0
30. Thump3rDX17 posted on 28 Aug 2011, 12:19 0 0
yeah, Nvidia's Tegra II, Qualcomm's 3rd Generation Snapdragon, Texas Instrument's OMAP4 & Samsung's Exynos all use LPDDR2 RAM.
5. E.N. posted on 28 Aug 2011, 01:23 1 2
cause we had no idea how customization on Android looked like.....
6. Da_Miz (banned) posted on 28 Aug 2011, 01:29 3 0
hope they fix that bug before launch or at least do a ota updte for it
33. E.N. posted on 28 Aug 2011, 13:11 0 0
All Motorola has to do is put their skin on Google's OS. They don't have to update it, they don't have to add new features to it, just add their skin/final touch to it. So why is it so difficult? I really don't get it.
8. IDKtellME (unregistered) posted on 28 Aug 2011, 02:16 0 0
do the gs2 use ddr2 ram like the bionic?
17. Thump3rDX17 posted on 28 Aug 2011, 03:57 0 0
yeah. all of the power house, dual core phones do.
20. Jamister989 posted on 28 Aug 2011, 04:37 1 0
Not to be confused with dual channel, which if I am not mistaken is rumored to be on the bionic and no other phone that I know of. But yes, most higher end phones have ddr2 ram modules.
26. remixfa posted on 28 Aug 2011, 09:45 0 0
dual channel ram is on the LG 3D. As far as I know thats the only phone using it. It really needs to become more prominent. It is as useful as a dual core processor.
31. Thump3rDX17 posted on 28 Aug 2011, 12:21 0 0
the dual channel memory is correct. it's a trait of the OMAP4 so the LG Optimus 3D, the Droid 3 & the Droid Bionic all have dual channel memory.
32. remixfa posted on 28 Aug 2011, 12:35 0 0
i dont think thats correct. the LG 3D was billed as the first and only dual channel memory phone. Considering its still billed that way I dont think the droid 3 at least has it.. and I havent heard anything about the Bionic having it either. Dual channel.. as in 2 seperate memory sticks, not DDR.
34. Thump3rDX17 posted on 28 Aug 2011, 13:23 0 0
yeah, it was the first one with dual channel memory but then the Droid 3 and the Droid Bionic came out. yeah, it's two sticks of DDR2 RAM. look up the OMAP4430 and you'll find it in the specs.
42. remixfa posted on 29 Aug 2011, 08:17 1 0
found it. you were correct sir. Interesting, I didnt realize all OMAPs were doing that now. That makes me feel better about a possible nexus prime with 1.5ghz OMAP (though id still prefer the exynos)
9. IDKtellME (unregistered) posted on 28 Aug 2011, 02:20 0 0
there's still loads of bugs! is this model in the video close to the one being launched? Sheeesh I thought Moto took an extra half a year to work and rework the phone. Any which case I think I'll pass on this as gs2 is coming out and also the rumored samsung phone for verizon is coming out as well. Tuesday people Tuesday
10. pitbulldog (unregistered) posted on 28 Aug 2011, 02:59 2 1
Wow a delay this long and still buggy!! I wonder how dumb motorola is that they cant realize if they would do away with motoslurrrrr and offer a vanilla android phone how fast it would sell!!! And also to verizon you are all idiots for passing on the sgs2!!!! I dont care what their excuses are BIG FAIL!!!! YEAH LETS NOT OFFER THE HOTTEST ANDROID PHONE ON THE PLANET CAUSE WERE VERIZON AND DONT NEED IT!!! LOL well my verizon contract is up in october so i will be jumping ship to one of the 3 carriers actually smart enough to get the sgs2 and before anyone thinks im bashing moto this message was sent from my og droid and i had the droid x which i recently sold to my friend cause i was tired of buggy motoslurrrr funny thing is my og droid performs better than my dx even with almost half the processor and why is that?! No motoslurrr!!!! Imo bionic huge fail no sgs2 on vzw huge fail!!!! And btw my og droid is bone stock no root no overclocking and i would take it over the bionic any day why? Well duh no motoslurrrr lol
12. CantsayTHAT (unregistered) posted on 28 Aug 2011, 03:33 0 0
wait what about the announcement samsung is going to make about the higher spec phone they got for verizon? aren't you at least curious? gs2 is really good but it is almost half a year old and it would be interesting to see what the next step up is. If after the announcement and the new phone disappoint than I'm with you I will be leaving my grandfathered unlimited data plan from verizon and go with sprint that way I can get the gs2 for $25 plus tax and best bang for the buck phone plans.
22. looking (unregistered) posted on 28 Aug 2011, 07:19 0 0
Verizon most of the time passes on a phone for 2 reasons. They think the phone is too buggy or they have a similar phone coming which takes away from its sales. I doubt its because of the former so I would think it would be nice to wait and see what happens
Remember the Nexus (1) was slated to verizon but then the Incredible was released with near Identical specs (just with extra internal storage).
last thing it could be is since the gs2 was banned in europe they may be waiting to see what happens with apple and samsung. Honestly if I knew I had a product that may get ripped from my shelves I wouldnt put up in the first place either.
13. CantsayTHAT (unregistered) posted on 28 Aug 2011, 03:33 0 1
what about the bugs? and some say that there are lags present.
18. Thump3rDX17 posted on 28 Aug 2011, 03:59 0 0
the bugs will not be there by launch people. remember this is practically a Droid 3 and it doesn't have that bug so it's not really a big deal.
19. pitbulldog (unregistered) posted on 28 Aug 2011, 04:07 0 0
What higher speced phone the celox? From what ive read it doesnt have the right radio for use in the united states so i doubt its coming here let alone vzw!
21. AhmadAlsayegh posted on 28 Aug 2011, 05:02 1 0
with all the fuss around this phone, it should play metro 2033!
after all it is just another android phone, with a dual core processor!
get the Kal-El already damn it!
23. nupe5882 (unregistered) posted on 28 Aug 2011, 08:26 0 0
Do we know for sure if the Bionic will be a world phone like the Photon? I don't think we can only go by a manual that wasn't official and it's info could change.
27. JT (unregistered) posted on 28 Aug 2011, 10:47 0 0
just got back from speaking with a sales rep and she said the Droid Bionic is coming the 8th of September online. She said go online early because the might sell out.
29. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 28 Aug 2011, 12:12 0 0
Verizon isnt getting the nexus prime nor the sgs2 wow. Way to fail Verizon, way to fail.
38. TOdoubleD posted on 28 Aug 2011, 18:11 0 1
Actually they will be getting the SGSII LTE model.
35. StillStuckWithDroid posted on 28 Aug 2011, 13:39 0 0
OK....I will be the d**k here
thank you very much for taking the time to make a video......but
dude would it have killed you to do a quadrant test so we could see that its score was?
36. Da_Miz (banned) posted on 28 Aug 2011, 13:41 0 0
I thought quadrant is inaccurate on dual cores