More supposed 50MP images from Oppo Find 7 show up
0. phoneArena 07 Mar 2014, 23:37 posted on
As we look at these fine pictures, we stand by our previously stated theories when we were looking at a...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
10. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
they look great but its a little blurry is it just me? they should tweak the software little
14. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Yeah, but I've heard that Oppo has good reputation on updates, so I'm sure that camera will be improved.
21. Finalflash (Posts: 3095; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
That is likely due to the inconsistency between your screen and the pixel density of the image. You would have to see it one a one to one pixel mapping for a good idea of actual clarity. Also, a lot of the pictures are taken of a foreground object being the focus, which reduces the clarity of background objects, so if you zoom the focus point it should be pretty amazing. Overall I like the images, they look pretty amazing.
22. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
sooooo true final flash. ur right agan
2. GMS85 (Posts: 209; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
50MP? like 5 0 No fo real doe let me rephrase that back again, 50 as in 5 0 ? Damn I'm speechless!
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Yes 50MP. Highest resolution so far to make it's way on a mobile phone if rumors hold true.
27. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
My iPad Mini 2 needs work. It always corrects its to it's. :/
29. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Why are you using auto correct? It just ruins the typing experience on any device.
30. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm a really fast typer with on screen devices and on a computer keyboard. Auto correct saves my life 90% of the time, but that other 10% makes really awkward text messages...
31. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
At least I make mistakes so rarely that I rather put one wrong letter than write the whole sentence wrong lol.
4. joseram695 (Posts: 79; Member since: 28 May 2012)
I was planing on upgrading from my S4 to the note 4 but looking at these pics im really wanting this instead guess its gona be note 4 vs this for my next upgrade!!!
9. sergiobr (Posts: 708; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Did you see the Note 3 ??? If you downsize those images to 13Mpx you´ll have a winner ... Note 3. 50Mpx is good to work on photoshop.
6. GeekMovement (Posts: 2156; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I don't know if it's been mentioned already, but I hope the Oppo Find 7 comes with a micro SD card slot. Won't be too much space left if you keep taking 50mp photos. I guess the Lumia 1020 didn't have a card slot either (?), but I haven't heard of any complaints about storage issues. Guess the 32GB standard helped a little. The Nikon D800/800E has 36mp and that can already blow up images really big so a part of me wonders if 50mp is really necessary for a smartphone camera at the moment (maybe in the future when technology advances with storage or size or whatever). Detail is always nice, but even a 16mp camera is more than sufficient for most people. The newly announced Nikon D4S still carries a 16mp sensor and is aimed at professionals. The samples above look great (though I can't seem to load the larger size for some reason... size? idk), but I'd want to try it myself and see if it is not just a gimmick. The camera on the Lumia 1020 is amazing so I don't really have a reason to doubt the one on Oppo, but I still have a big big hunch that 1.) 50mp is not necessary on a camera phone atm and 2.) it's probably going to take up a lot of space. Granted on DSLR's we shoot RAW so it adds in file size, but imagine if those images were shot in RAW LOL you'd have maybe 1 or 2 pics on your phone. Anyway I'm still excited to see technology pushing forward and bringing more exciting surprises (:
7. halofan1996 (Posts: 8; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
Oppo have said that the Find 7 will have micro sd expansion :)
11. SleepingOz (unregistered)
One more reason for me to go Oppo this year.
13. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
and hopefully that supports sandisk's 128GB sd card
16. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Just sharing it seems any device that supports the MicroSDXC standard can use sandisk's 128GB sd card.
36. sniperdroid (Posts: 146; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Your post is way too long. I know the Oppo F7 will be a beast.
37. GeekMovement (Posts: 2156; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
You don't have to read it (:
and I agree I think the Oppo Find 7 will be a great phone.
15. R-vjn (Posts: 178; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
These pics are good, for sure, but not excellent. The deails are, well, MEH..:O
I don't understand.. Do mobile camera's need that many MP's. I mean, a good amount of MP count is needed, may be upto 20 or something but 50mp..well..hmm.. I don't know..
18. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
One of the biggest problem with phone camera is there is no optical zoom and i think higher MP count is the best solution at least for now.
Because with higher MP you can get loseless zoom or you can crop the image without losing to much details.
19. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
But they must make sure that the sensor is big enough.
33. R-vjn (Posts: 178; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
Yeah true my friend..!
But for me, optical zoom ain't an issue actually, coz I'm used to Prime lenses. I prefer quality over MP count, but at the same time I'm not saying too less is good. But I say, upto 24MP's is apt for phones, but its inevitable in this Pixel hungry world :D Also OEM's should be focusing more in the quality of lens and the processing other than just increasing the MP count.
My dream phone camera would be like,
A 20MP sensor (sufficiently big) with a F1.4 lens (a real good one) with OIS (it would be a charm if the aperture is variable) and a min shutter speed of at least 15sec's (need a tripod for that). Full manual controls. RAW.
4K with promising bit rates and framerates.
Haha, where am i going right.. :D I hope to the future..!
17. sbw44 (Posts: 433; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Curious to see what the sensor size is on this phone if it has a 50mp cam!
20. khaldoon (Posts: 62; Member since: 17 May 2013)
i really hope oppo will get this beauty to the middle east this time . i live in Dubai and i haven't seen any oppo smart phones here . Hope that i can try them soon
23. Vanster (Posts: 124; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
well well well, good job, the detail maybe better when it used a premium lense such as zeiss, or olympus,
25. TheNeighbor (Posts: 232; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
We get this, we need bigger memory storage.
28. TisaTsir (Posts: 70; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
I can't wait to see the full review of this beast.
32. antonioli (Posts: 200; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
Great pictures, with a lot of details and good colors.
34. Sondae (Posts: 279; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
50mp that sure gonna eat a lot of memory on the phone. Most of oppo phone dont have memory slot i just hope this one has
35. roobs (Posts: 92; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
I wonder who will be manufacturing these sensors and hope they will be damn good.