More rumors confirm September 21 to be iPhone 5 release date
0. phoneArena 26 Jul 2012, 07:17 posted on
Do you remember that accessory maker which said the iPhone 5 is coming on September 21, based on direct contact with Apple? Well, it seems it might not be all fiction...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Thanks, anonymous tipster?? LOL Im ready my popcorn to watch fanboy's dissapointment :D
19. A-P-P-L-E (banned) (Posts: 45; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
This will change every-thing......
The new iPhone5!!!!!!!
28. jaoowolabi (Posts: 201; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
lol imma buy it anyways m contract is over finally
77. quakan (Posts: 1361; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
I plan on only buying iPhones until something better eventually comes along.
Oh and for the Android extremists who plan on replying with "Android is already better"...don't. I tried Android out BEFORE iOS and was disenchanted with it so there will never be a time i'll consider an Android phone.
78. noskcir (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Jul 2012)
-you cant change extra battery on iphone because they will not allow you..
-you cant add SD memory on iphone because they will not allow you...
-you cant connect iphone on other brand because they will not allow you...
-you cant install flash on iphonebecause they will not allow you...
=in short you are just a user, not an owner.. apple sucks!
86. quakan (Posts: 1361; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
-I've never needed to change my battery because I get great battery life
-I've never needed more memory on my iPhone
-I don't know what you mean by connecting on another brand
-Flash is dead
=In short: You're ignorant.
45. Motatrola (Posts: 33; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Do you burn candles while worshiping your iphone?
32. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
iOMG, iCan't wait.
My iPhone 4S is already a huge disappointment (GREAT music player, though), iJust hope that the new iPhone changes all that. iMean, there's a fecal-matter load of stuff iCan do on my Rezound that iCan't do on my iPhone 4S; and, my Rezound supposedly was reported to have so many connectivity issues. No connectivity issues here and iCan do everything iCan't do on my beloved iPhone 4S. iJust hope [THIS TIME] everything 'does change'.
BTW, sent from my Rezound cuz' my iPhone 4S doesn't let me "Reply" within PhoneArena comments; it just lets me post new comments.
40. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Have you ever consider changing your handle to iPAPINYC?
53. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
iDiD, a few months ago and iWas iBanned by iPhoneArena - :)
It's all good though, my Rezound makes up for all of my iPhone's short comings.
71. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
You need to stop using "iPA" since it can be offensive to the people on PA since they work hard on this site.
Just my two cents.
48. nofear (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
That's Apple for something you have to pay. The trend is Android got the edge over Apple. Huge time gap on Android vs Apple aspect for apps availability, you see how Android proven its superior in OS support across the globe.
Here something about Apple came up with a 19-pin dock connector that you must have with you vs 30-pin connector that you might have under your bed or in your junk box, it CAN NOT being use with a new iPhone 5. Too fking bad!
65. biophone (Posts: 1923; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
All you have to do to reply is tap on the name first then hit reply.
Sent from my iPhone
66. JessJess (unregistered)
No biophone. The iPhone obviously sucks. iWonder why don't you believe him? ;)
70. biophone (Posts: 1923; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Hahaha jess thats funny.
People really shouldn't rant when they don't know what there talking about.
41. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Does anyone remember Foxconn CEO Terry Gou? He stated: "... [iPhone 5] will put Samsung’s Galaxy S III to shame."
2. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4813; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
These dates almost never come to fruition. I only accept a release date if it comes from the big bosses, meaning the actual OEM or the actual carrier. Even though the carriers sometimes mess with those dates.
Can anyone remember the Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Verizon last year. That was a crazy fiasco.
6. J-LoTheGreat (Posts: 32; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
And the Bionic? Now THAT was a disaster!!
8. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Ugh. I don't want to remember the Nexus on Verizon... gives me a headache just thinking about it.
55. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4813; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Guys it seems we have a common culprit. Can we all say VERIZON? lol
3. bloodline (Posts: 706; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I have no doubt the iphone design and build will be top notch, but siri-ously... its the same looking OS its boring, dated and to simple.
16. sandysingh252 (Posts: 27; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
So simple that it starts to burn one's eyes with the same icons and folders since last four years. Call that simple, Fruit fan.
23. A-P-P-L-E (banned) (Posts: 45; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Sales will reach a million in 2days.
29. jaoowolabi (Posts: 201; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
maybe some ppl dont have the capability to use an android or WP. i do like apples simplicity, makes money and is good.
49. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
In my opinion OS's should be simple, because that's more practical and functional. Someone once told me that iOS is for stupid people because it's so simple. I said: do you think a faucet should have a sudoku installed on it so you wouldn't feel so stupid turning it on? My point is that a simpler OS is more functional and practical.
57. SonyFTW2020 (Posts: 311; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Thats true for all the non techy average joe, which is a good thing becuase not everyone wants to use there phone the way we use our andorids....(droid power) most people just want a nice looking phone that can do "half" of what android does and they are satisfied with that...And why shouldnt they be?? But heres where apple loses.....PRICE RANGE! you are paying double the money for an iphone with a simple os when you could be paying wayy less for android that does MORE....and to be honest android is not that complicated lets just be real here there is nothing hard to figure out about it...If apple fans actually took a bit of time to try an android phone and calculate the cost the are paying for an iphone versus a top end power android "for less money" then it would be really hard for them to not want a galaxy s3 or an htc one s...
76. MineralsMate (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Wow. Makes sense to me; thanks for the lesson. I'm still trying to figure out which way to go, but AT&T's 4G LTE was just launched here in ATL so that's one consideration; the iPhone 5 is supposed to be geared for that. But, I'm a hairdresser; how complicated a phone do I need? Not sure. Still, thanks for this info.
68. MartyK (Posts: 788; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Since it's your Opinion that an Os's should be simple, then you want a simple phone,...
Thus we got you cover..it's call a ...JITTERBUG!!..
How many do you want?...lol
82. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
@MartyK, your comment is ignorant. Plus, you're twelve and that's an inappropriate way to talk to adults.
By simple I didn't mean lacking all the functionality of a modern smartphone. What I meant is that the OS should be as advanced and functional as any other OS on the market, yet practical with it's simplicity.
By the way, Apple doesn't lose when it comes to price range. You can get an iPhone with a subsidized pricing on different carriers. Even if it was as pricey as you state (@SonyFTW2020) it is still worth it's money for it's built quality and stable and advanced OS, which is simple and user friendly at the same time.
84. MeoCao (unregistered)
You are wrong man, a powerful OS can do many things under the hood. Look at how Google can place voice recognition feature in the handset and you can use distation feature off line.
That's only 1 example. Google now and the new notification system also require a robust OS.
67. JessJess (unregistered)
9 thumbs down for stating a fact. Welcome to PA.
72. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
I get thumbed down for poking holes in the android camp. The number of thumbs down is a sign of how successful I was at shooting down their arguments. It's almost like a badge of honor.
69. pkiran1996 (Posts: 166; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
The amount of people that hate you will reach a million in 2 days.
83. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
The "hate" you mention is a clear indicator of how brainwashed and misguided android fans are. Such hard feelings over a bunch of tech. Sheesh :/
38. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Yep it'll essentially be an iphone 4$ with a dissappointing ios 6 and a slightly bigger screen,slightly slimmer and a different charger requiring new accessories.
50. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
That's your opinion and millions disagree. 26 million last quarter to be exact.
5. MeoCao (unregistered)
Hopefully there will be some nice surprises. I'm not sure what the selling point is this time.
21. A-P-P-L-E (banned) (Posts: 45; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Apple will lead 4gLte. 4g is not that famous now. The iP5
will ush sales dramatically!!!!!
25. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
Wow. I like some Apple products but are you serious about what you are saying? I mean your icon is apple, your name is apple? Is this a joke if so good job, if not Im kind of worried for you...
51. nofear (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
A-P-P-L-E is a marker!, he is pretending and be in as iFan because he fulled of Apple products, stirred us away from using Apple product.
42. wsucoug13 (Posts: 164; Member since: 04 May 2012)
4G is not famous now?? What are you retarded or something...
7. Aeires (unregistered)
I would love for it to come out today so the web could stop getting inundated with iPhone stories that are based solely on speculations.
36. ZayZay (Posts: 571; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
You realize once the phone launches, the very next day iphone 5S will start rumoring. It will never end.
9. bighandssmallpockets (Posts: 67; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
If I were coming out with a new device in November I might let some rumor slip that it might be coming out in September just to get people to hold off on their upgrades.
September rolls around and then the "official" November date gets announced and you figure that you waited this long for the upgrade whats another 2 months?
September = 0% chance
on other reason Sept is no chance is that my next upgrade is Sept. 20!
10. 50taco (banned) (Posts: 5; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
This phone will change everything....again....again. Its going to be not just revolutionary but SSJ3 revolutionary. It will dice and slice, usable as a cheese grater and it will also blend OTHER phones. It will walk your dog, and give you enough motivation to start working out again. It will whisper in your ear and give you the confidence to overcome all your goals. This is the NEW iPhone (totally not that same as the old iphone you idiot). Now go away I'm making pancakes.
13. wendygarett (unregistered)
18. A-P-P-L-E (banned) (Posts: 45; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Get ready everyone. this will cause a big hype like no otherd.
33. Aeires (unregistered)
You actually wrote something I agree with, definitely a big hype, with emphasis on the word hype.
44. Motatrola (Posts: 33; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Google and Motorola are going to open hand slap yo silly ass.
30. jaoowolabi (Posts: 201; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
which one will have better sales though? iphone lol
34. buccob (Posts: 2522; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
my first ever thumb up for taco (is it the same old taco?)
This was freaking hilarious
60. SonyFTW2020 (Posts: 311; Member since: 03 May 2012)
HAHAHAHAHHA did 50 tyson inspire your name sir?
11. sammy_saw (Posts: 28; Member since: 07 Jan 2012)
completely redesigned ? It's look a like with there older phone just with a bigger screen , a Smaller connector and a aluminum plate on the middle of the back part ,the rest look the same