More layoffs at RIM as it aims to cut costs
0. phoneArena 20 Jun 2012, 09:34 posted on
Almost exactly a year after Research In Motion announced its starting to lay off its employees to cut costs, the BlackBerry maker is now expected to slash up to 6,000 more jobs…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Sure, the workers are always "excess" expense. How about the CEO??? How much is his salary again???
6. PhoneLuver (Posts: 480; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
I always feel sorry for the workers! You would have had to be blind deaf and dumb to continue making the same mistakes these CEFools made! (When I say CEFool I include Elop!)
Somehow they should be held accountable for their actions, but no, they all get golden handshakes instead!
7. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Accountability??? Nah, that's for us peasants.
2. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Just switch to Android. I am certain there is a huge market for an Android phone with he BB form factor and Rim Qwerty keyboard + BBM and Email services.
It's never too late. And Android is free to license.
3. brianisatwit (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
" And Android is free to license". Not true. Microsoft and other patent holders mean a license fee has to be paid by anyone shipping Android handsets. Microsoft and others making healthy revenues from Android. BBM on Android would also be subject to a license fee arrangement.
4. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
this story should be headlined " RIM jobs in jeopardy!!"
11. residualhatred (Posts: 25; Member since: 28 May 2012)
They just need to go ahead and wave that white flag.