More information revealed about the HTC Edge; display is Super LCD-2 with optical lamination
There will be no microSD slot on the phone, but before you start cursing, there will be 32GB of native storage on the handset which comes in at 8.8mm thick. A microSIM slot is on board and an 1800mAh battery provides the juice. After reading through the specs, you can see where HTC got the name for the smartphone from. Imagine the display on the Apple iPhone 4S expanded to 4.7 inches on a phone that takes you where you want to go faster than all of today's dual-core hot shots.
It won't be out in time for this year's holiday season, but by the time we are half way through 2012, this beast could have smartphone users living on the Edge.
1. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i just hope the do away with the capacitive buttons and do something about that bulgy looking camera housing.
21. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
technically evo 5. because evo 4g then the evo shift then the evo 3d then the evo design now the edge
23. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the others are not apart of the original lineage. if that's how it worked we'd be expecting the Droid 12 soon than the Droid 4.
3. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
still crazy about the galaxy nexus? i didn't think so. lolzzz!!!
11. nameless1521 (Posts: 17; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
what do you expect?
Galaxy Nexus is going to release in this year.
It's gonna be at least 5 months old phone when HTC Edge releases. If HTC's Edge isn't better than a 5 months old reference phone then i would be a shame of HTC.
Plus when Edge releases, im pretty sure other manufacturers release Tegra 3 equipped phones as well. Just HTC did after LG released Optimus x2(Tegra2), which wasn't that successful.
and im afraid HTC is following the steps of LG here.
5. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
This is the specification level that Apple is going to have to compete with on the iPhone 5.
Nothing like competition to spur innovation....
6. Krishaun27 (unregistered)
Halfway through 2012? and there no mention of the carrier? Good luck waitin on that thing
8. christianqwerty (Posts: 464; Member since: 05 May 2011)
What can you do with a quadcore processor on a small screen, on a tablet, this would be killer, just not for a phone... unless..... Adobe releases indesign, photoshop, ect and Microsoft releases new products for phones on quadcore devices. Because right now, Microsoft office works fine on my 1ghz processor samsung focus
16. phantom1076 (Posts: 11; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
it's same resolution as a tablet mate. What is it for? What else? Gaming. You cant have developers make nice looking games if there is no hardware to support it.
9. jove39 (Posts: 1500; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
These specs make any dual core phone outdated...where are we going with so much speed!
13. Jimstar (Posts: 259; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
to that episode of futurama with the "eye-phones"
12. nameless1521 (Posts: 17; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
There isn't no Retina. Only LG IPS LCD.
In fact, since Samsung gonna buy all share of S-LCD, which is initally a joint venture of Samsung&Sony from Sony.
It's gonna be just Samsung vs LG.
14. readingthissh1t (Posts: 303; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
remember the thunderbolt? no buy first quaddy announced
22. nameless1521 (Posts: 17; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
which is not getting ICS from HTC. Pretty sad.
15. Luuthian (Posts: 231; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Only 1800mAH? Jesus... I hope that thing is optimized to all hell. I'm terrified to see what our battery life will be like on phones next year if we keep seeing batteries under 2000.
17. phantom1076 (Posts: 11; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
quad core doesn't mean more power usage, in fact it increases power efficiency because most of the time those cores will be idle and the lesser core will do most of the common tasks.
18. Netolic (Posts: 144; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
i heard Tegra 3 is actually 5-core,,, is it true?
20. Gemmol (Posts: 658; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Yea they had a article on the chip the other day talking about it, it is under clock to 800mhz
19. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Yes...5th core is something like little brother taking care of standby mode or that kind of tasks.
24. Mojobobo (Posts: 12; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
Hopefully it doesnt turn out like the droid x2
25. Cranemachine (Posts: 5; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
PLEASE PLEASE let it come to Sprint!!!!!