x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

More information on Touch Diamond and Raphael for both Sprint and Verizon

0. phoneArena 05 Aug 2008, 04:46 posted on

We have new information about the Touch Diamond (called Victor and Diamond) and its QWERTY sibling (the Herman and Raphael) which are expected with Sprint and Verizon Wireless ...

posted on 12 Aug 2008, 19:44

174. n3o (unregistered)

the phone doesn't need an accelerometer? you obviously DO NOT know what accelerometer does. Since Nintendo Wii took the world by storm with that, every single gadget wishes they had accelerometer. Even new digital cameras have it. It totally changes the way you see pictures and videos, play games, and it WILL provide a big breakthrough for software developers. You need to search for 'teeters' on youtube. Lots of third party developers are already designing big things based on this feature alone.

posted on 13 Aug 2008, 10:05

Integrated Services Module (ISM) locks memory and makes it unavailable to other processes or the OS.

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 02:30

the dare has lesser issues than the Instinct. Sprint service sucks. Dare get better reception.

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 03:48

180. LessthanZach (Posts: 106; Member since: 29 Apr 2008)

You also post shit that you do not know about. The voyager and the EnV series are great phones. Look up some reviews.

posted on 15 Aug 2008, 16:45

stop smokin crack, the dare is way better then you instinct. sorry man

posted on 19 Aug 2008, 22:50

I am held hostage to vzw too. They are the worst wireless network I have had so far. This is just one more nail in the coffin for them

posted on 20 Aug 2008, 13:52

ummm actual sprint does the world edition blackberry...they have had it for a while...

posted on 20 Aug 2008, 22:46

Verizon did cripple the Diamond, they didn't want it to use the full bandwidth of verizon. This is comming from my source in corp verizon. I'm not trying to bash, but there is no reason to pay more for a phone with the original specs.

posted on 21 Aug 2008, 03:01

If the verizon version really does **** ***** I'm gonna get the Sprint version and demand that verizon adds it too their database and then I will flash the ROM with a custom rom ( GPS unlocked, no VZW branding etc...) if they don't add me to the database.... Hello sprint. Who is with me????

posted on 21 Aug 2008, 12:29

sprint DOES have a world edition blackberry, the 8830, the same one vzw has. Nice try vzw fan girl. Sprint has every thing vzw with more reliable phones. They may not do as much, but they dont break as often. LG sucks btw

posted on 25 Aug 2008, 14:41

203. brunnettegirl412 (unregistered)

vzw rox there in ur face

posted on 27 Aug 2008, 09:26

206. sprint rocks (unregistered)

sprint uses verizons towers, when you are roaming that is using verizon towers and roaming is included so no extra charges so you get verizon towers and sprint towers!

posted on 27 Aug 2008, 14:47

207. smarter than that guy! (unregistered)

Dude, your an idiot if you think verizon has better phones than Sprint LOL! I walk into a Verizon store and fall asleep Its so boring in there! I left Verizon just to join sprint and enjoy how we consistently get better deals than Verizon customers HA!

posted on 29 Aug 2008, 12:02

208. Joe8734 (unregistered)

Actually they do cripple phones, for instance the 6800 that i have has a GPS chip that verizon purposely left out the drivers for. Thank god i was able to get it working with a custom rom. I'm sure the Motion sensor is something similar but the ram and proc speed i'm not sure about. I guess we'll see what the xda community does with the phone and a custom version of WM.

posted on 01 Sep 2008, 16:34

210. DrRoger (unregistered)

It could be that VZ chose to lower the RAM to 128 so they could have a micro-SD slot. Personally I'm glad the Diamond for VZ will have this approach so I can buy a GPS program on Micro-SD. But....no Rev. A out of the box??? And I'll be the GPS will be limited to just VZ Navigator. A VZ salesman told me today he has a VZ 6800 and just got a software update that will run VZNav on it, but HTC has not released this software upgrade on its website yet. Sprint's Mogul got this software Aug 6th.

posted on 05 Aug 2008, 07:51

3. alpap (unregistered)

I understand ppl are going to get uptight because they expected the verizon version to be better than sprints but sprint cares abt what ppl want in a phone though their sevice is a little under par to verizon but sprint they actually listen to what ppl want in their phones unlike verizon they release phonse with little support for them cause they disregard the cries for what ppl need in their phone they currently have or for upcoming phones, so when phones ppl were looking forward to actually come out for verizon its stiffled or features killed because they think thats waht ppl want?yeah right so sad verizon does this to us

posted on 05 Aug 2008, 22:02

Any company would care when they lost millions of customers suddenly! Shows what kind of crappy company they are!

posted on 01 Sep 2008, 00:15

Mergers are always rough. I worked for Verizon when Airtouch, Bell Atlantic, PrimeCo, etc. merged and they bled customers just like Sprint. Don't fall for the marketing. The major carriers all have comparable service because of roaming agreements. Sprint uses Verizon towers and vice versa. It is really how close you are to a tower in general. BTW --- Verizon does absolutely cripple their phones. They have done it for years with bluetooth being disable except for using bluetooth headsets. Personally, I do not use customer service that often, so paying more Verizon doen't really add value for me. I do use my phone and tons of data on a daily basis, and Sprint was faster to launch EVDO nationwide, so I would rather pay less and get a better deal. Can we also get back to discussing the phones and not which carrier is better. People take it way too personally. Ther are good and bad things about all of the cellular carriers.

posted on 05 Aug 2008, 08:09

What are you talking about #2? actual data speeds? have you ever used a phone on sprint's network? im using the original touch on sprint's rev.a network and it's fast as can be. p.s. the word herb went out with 1996

posted on 05 Aug 2008, 08:15

I wonder what Verizon is thinking some times.

posted on 05 Aug 2008, 08:43

You idiots do realize that this is rumored and changes can and probably will be made before the release?

posted on 05 Aug 2008, 11:50

Actually, these reports are based off of FCC reports from the tests, so you calling everyone idiots because they are believing information passed on is kinda like the pot calling the kettle black isn't it. Plus, if you look at the comparison guide pics, you can see that they appear to be released by Sprint. Knowing how close together the phones are thought to be released, it's not surprising to see the specs available for both models. And if anyone needs more proof that Verizon typically neuters their PDAs, compare Sprint's Touch to Verizon's.

posted on 05 Aug 2008, 14:07

Wow...think before you speak and read the entire article. Stuff from the FCC is no rumor more like fact. These are not things that can be changed in a firmware update and I can tell you they are not going to send all these back to HTC to have the better processer, RAM and motion sensor added. Thanks for the laught though!

posted on 05 Aug 2008, 16:20

YOU SPELLED LAUGH WRONG HEHEHEHEHEEEE

posted on 05 Aug 2008, 09:11

this is so funny reading ur guys comments, its early in the morning and im getting a kick of you people arguing which is the best company, i work for sprint so u know what im going to say, but everyone has their own opinion. Sprint does have the best PDA devices hands down, with the most features. Funny how the Touch became such a successor to lead to the touch diamond, where did it first launch, SPRINT. But like i said im just basing my opinion.

posted on 05 Aug 2008, 16:23

64. brunnettegirl412 (unregistered)

heheheehe THANK YOU i totally agree!!!

posted on 05 Aug 2008, 09:19

As someone who is considering the Touch Pro for Verizon when it launches, can someone explain to me the key difference between the Sprint and Verizon versions? Basically, can someone explain to me what this Motion G Sensor is and if it is a big deal to have it or not? Thanks.

posted on 05 Aug 2008, 09:28

It's a sensor that detects motion. What is does in phones is it allows the phone to determine how you are holding it. If you hold it in landscape, the phone will automatically adjust itself to display in landscape. Accelerometers I think are used in the Nintendo Wii remote controls. I've heard of some really cool games that you can play on phones with accelerometers. It's a REALLY cool feature, and if vzw keeps it off they're STUPID!!!

posted on 05 Aug 2008, 09:31

the big difference is going to be extra 128mb of ram on the sprint version. the motion g sensor just can tell how you are holding the phone if its on it side or what not and changes the screen to fit that. its not needed but its something that you can show off to every one.

posted on 05 Aug 2008, 09:36

15. CellTech (unregistered)

@ poster #13 The motion G sensor is very similar to the controllers for the Wii video game system. They will allow the phone to respond you you moving it. The usefulness all depends on what kinds of applications people make for it. Although, I am not sure what type of Motion G feedback they have built directly into the new TouchFLO 3D operatering system.