More information about the Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch leaks
0. phoneArena 19 Aug 2013, 18:17 posted on
On September 4th, Samsung is expected to introduce the Samsung Galaxy Note III and its new Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch; while there seems to be more interest in the phablet, the launch of the watch is actually much more important for Samsung. With Apple apparently having difficulties developing the Apple iWatch, Samsung will have the stage all to itself for the first unveiling in this new smartwatch era...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1986; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Why is the keyboard disabled? It'won't be that hard to type. ,
5. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Screen size would make voice to text better.
2. dorianb (Posts: 591; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
I think Sony needs to re-reinvent their watch. Hopefully they thought the same & will drop a surprise with the i9 Honomi(sp?).
3. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Wait for Sept 4th for FULL DETAILS
16. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
working or i could have have visited the exhibition in person. :(
4. DaHarder (Posts: 177; Member since: 10 Oct 2009)
So... 'If' this device does indeed feature a 2.5 inch display (as curently being reported) then it would have to be either curved or flexible, otherwise it won't be able to conform to the contour of the average wrist.
This 'Galaxy Gear' thingy is looking more and more interesting every day.
25. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 883; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
"sources point out that the Galaxy Gear will have a larger, 2.5-inch OLED display with 320 x 320 pixel resolution. "
24. McLTE (Posts: 804; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
2.5" SQUARE display would be a total disaster for this watch.
I was hoping for the 1.67 square or slight rectangle. I want it to look like a WATCH first, and gadget 2nd.
6. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
When I first heard of the new watch craze, I wasn't that interested because it first sounded too good to be true, or too gadgety. Being a timepiece fan, the one element I'd love to know the most about this is the battery life. If they can get a few days life out of this, might be worth looking into.
If they can sell this with a professional band and give people a wide variety of watch faces, might seriously check this out.
7. twens (Posts: 947; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
If I am right this watch is faster than an iPhone. Lol
9. khmer (Posts: 95; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Apple said it, Samsung built it. So who own the smartwatch patent.
17. ph00ny (Posts: 1094; Member since: 26 May 2011)
seeing how this is their third attempt at smartwatch with first being in the late 90s or early 00s, i think that honor goes to samsung over both sony or apple
22. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Seiko is the first who developed smartwatch.
10. khmer (Posts: 95; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
This watch look like a flexible display on your wrist the James Bond style. Coool
11. BooBooooooo (Posts: 56; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
i heard that the flexible display wouldn't be used this time.... how long time should we wait for flexible display....i've ever dreamed this!!!
12. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1965; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
red fruit alert::how can we make..i dont know..
13. drnggaj33 (Posts: 127; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
so everyone gonna wear a computer on their arm and the battery wont last ....for real talking about that stupid samsung smart watch and iwatch from apple smh
15. smallworld (Posts: 481; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Imagine this thing exploding on your arm and you end up losing your it. Specially the right arm...
19. roscuthiii (Posts: 2127; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Slightly off-topic, but I don't really think Apple is having problems developing the watch.
No, I think they are doing what Apple does best... Wait for a competitor's product to be out so they can figure out where they can make their "revolutionary" and "innovative" improvements.
26. sam.7 (Posts: 68; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
seriously this is s**t.. having a 1gb ram,dual processors on a tiny screen?? m getting freak!