More images of the upcoming new Amazon Kindle Fire surface: coming with Skype support
0. phoneArena 31 Aug 2012, 02:49 posted on
The Amazon Kindle Fire really was the device that opened the $200 tablet niche that is booming right now with Google’s entry there with the Nexus 7…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. MeoCao (unregistered)
This is tablet so thick bezel is necessary for handling.
2. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5664; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it better come with Jelly Bean because the Fire never got one Android Update and remained on Gingerbread until it was succeeded.
3. MeoCao (unregistered)
It's interesting what OS KF2 will use. I guess Amazon will fork ICS as it's too late for them to use JB. W/o JB it's tough for KF2 to compete with N7 and even with JB KF2 still lacks such essential features as Google Now.
KF2 can compete on price and then there's not much room for Amazon.
5. SGSatlantis (Posts: 205; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
"Amazon Kindle Fire surface"
so i guess it's running Windows 8:)
6. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1212; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
It took me a moment to understand the joke!
7. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Uh..oh.. Apple's gonna sue this thing.. Rectangular slab with rounded corners.
8. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 546; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
Not exactly a cutting edge design eh?
9. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
not bad kindle.....not bad
10. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
kindle will use android OS but no android and google services...
i think amazon should make its own OS teaming with LiMo foundation.... since their tablets wont run android apps and google services.. and since they got a pretty decent ecosystem.. i tihnk its time for them to make their own OS and put that ecosystem on the OS!!
open source but with some close source...