More images of the WP7 Nokia Sea Ray surface, Nokia outsourcing production to speed things up
0. phoneArena posted on 24 Jun 2011, 08:41
Another Nokia Sea Ray pic emerged in the flesh, plus some high-quality renders based on the Nokia N9 promo pics. Nokia is allegedly outsourcing production to Compal to speed things up, as it has experience with Qualcomm's chipsets...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. CLINTONW25 posted on 24 Jun 2011, 09:56 2 5
I LUV NOKIA BUT THIS PHONE WILL NOT B 1 THAT I BUY...ONLY THE N9
3. Dj21o posted on 24 Jun 2011, 10:24 4 4
The N9 is crap. Go post on that page instead of this one. Nobody cares what you have to say.
4. stalker01 (unregistered) posted on 24 Jun 2011, 10:29 1 3
you care! its obvious! lol!
7. Dj21o posted on 24 Jun 2011, 10:35 3 3
In all honesty, the N9 cannot compete with WP7, especially with the Mango update, not to mention iOS and Android. And a phone that turns on with DOUBLE TAPPING the screen? I don't know about anyone else, but I can't stand ass dialing people.
9. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 24 Jun 2011, 10:37 1 3
What if I like butt-dialing people at random? :)
10. Dj21o posted on 24 Jun 2011, 10:38 1 2
Thanks for proving my point.
12. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 24 Jun 2011, 10:51 2 2
Proving what point? All you said was that the N9 cannot compete. I didn't try to say whether I agreed or didn't... who are you to say that everyone should automagically agree with you? And what if I do like butt-dialing people? Sounds like the N9 would be a really great phone for butt-dialing people...
14. Dj21o posted on 24 Jun 2011, 10:59 1 2
You are proving my point, simply because nobody likes to butt dial people. And if my statement is true, I don't need for you to agree with me. Grow up.
16. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 24 Jun 2011, 11:35 0 1
Really? Who are you to say absolutely for certain that absolutely no one likes to butt-dial people? You are making an assumption. Yes, it is the safe assumption because it is almost certainly true in the overwhelming majority of cases... but in a sample of... hmmm... seven billion people in the world now... there is always a statistical margin-of-error, which means that you cannot possibly be absolutely certain that "... nobody likes to butt dial people."
Whether your statement is true or not, you don't need me to agree with you anyway. I am, in fact, a "big boy" now... and I did not prove any point for you in anyway. Maybe the N9 really is the right phone for somebody... not for me, but somebody else, anybody? I don't think the N9 is so poorly engineered or so proprietary or so under-spec'd that absolutely nobody will like it or want it.
And when somebody comments on a post about Nokia, why is it so awful for them to say, "Hey, I don't like WP7, but this N9 sure is cool to me!" Why do people have to try to chase them out, as if they are freakin' traitors to Nokia, or something? You do not "own" this post commentary string... C'mon!
20. Dj21o posted on 24 Jun 2011, 12:35 1 1
Are you really being serious that there are people that would actually say they enjoy butt dialing? Don't stir up an argument that has no meaning, And for someone to come into a thread and degrade the OS, then defend their post with a "supposedly" better phone, is bulls**t. Go into another room, since this is in WINDOWS.
8. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 24 Jun 2011, 10:35 2 2
Who made a rule that you can only post about Nokia WP7 phones on a news article related to both Nokia and WP7, and with mention of the N9 in it anyway? If you didn't care, then why did you bother to reply?
23. snowgator posted on 24 Jun 2011, 16:26 0 1
Would post to back you up, hepresearch, but:
A) Too busy laughing.
B) Too busy jumping up and down on my chair, seeing whose number gets connected with my phone in my right butt-cheek pocket, as opposed to my left butt-cheek pocket.
24. djfagfag (unregistered) posted on 24 Jun 2011, 21:39 0 1
butt dialing is pretty funny really if phones eliminate butt dialing how will you know when your friend in trashed in a bar saying stupid s**t that you can now record and play back to them at your convenience
11. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 24 Jun 2011, 10:46 1 1
apparently Nokia is now a "WP7-lovers-only" club...
Reminds me of a previous comment on a post somewhere... oh yeah!
Comment #12. Read it and weep. I would laugh so hard if "Option four" materializes...
13. Dj21o posted on 24 Jun 2011, 10:54 1 1
Don't quit your day job.
17. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 24 Jun 2011, 11:39 1 1
Whoops... too late, already did! LOL!
19. Dj21o posted on 24 Jun 2011, 12:23 1 1
Lol nobody on this amateur website can predict anything. First everyone said that WP7 will fail first quarter, and obviouy they didn't. So don't show me that garbage of how they will fail next year. And you really need to get your facts through your head. Anyone can copy and paste, dumbass.
22. Lucas777 posted on 24 Jun 2011, 16:23 0 1
nobody said wp7 wud fail... i for one, think it will become the next android... and hepresearch, u need to get over urself...
6. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 24 Jun 2011, 10:32 0 1
I will always have a place in my heart for Nokia... but no, I would not buy this either. And the N9... meh. Sorry.
2. MUSSIEXXX (unregistered) posted on 24 Jun 2011, 10:23 0 0
I AGREE WITH YOU BUD
15. DrFajardo (unregistered) posted on 24 Jun 2011, 11:10 0 0
the only thing that i miss in the new n9 is a dual core procs. for better internet browsing and 1080p. meego´s os is excellent.
18. U (unregistered) posted on 24 Jun 2011, 11:39 0 0
WP7 is a good operating system especially the mango, but apps market are not well developed comparing with the android and ios. and the ovi store is not enough.
21. Jeromeo posted on 24 Jun 2011, 12:36 0 0
Anyone know what Adobe Photoshop is?
This is a N9 with 5 minutes of editing.
25. osanilevich posted on 25 Jun 2011, 02:23 0 0
It seems that along with symbian, nokia decided to forsake the concept of buttons as well
26. Man2006 (unregistered) posted on 25 Jun 2011, 16:50 1 0
What is wrong with Nokia? Why couldn't they use the N8's amazing 12MP Camera? Also, I would prefer real capacitive buttons.
27. m80116 (unregistered) posted on 26 Jun 2011, 09:25 0 0
Outsourcing, that means even less margin and loss of production for the European facilities. S. Elop is really "destructing" the company.
28. wayne (unregistered) posted on 18 Jul 2011, 08:09 0 0
All I need is a WP7 in an E7 body..... That would be awesome!!!!