More images allegedly from the Samsung Galaxy S IV camera get posted online
0. phoneArena 16 Feb 2013, 19:55 posted on
The other day, we showed you a picture allegedly taken with the camera for the Samsung Galaxy S IV and now two more photographs have appeared on Picasa with the EXIF data revealing that they were taken with the Samsung GT-I9505 which could be the international edition of the Samsung's next flagship Android smartphone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
If those pics were taken with an S4, its camera sucks.
3. Topcat488 (Posts: 1191; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Please just stop posting these terrible photos, they are only hurting...
20. suneeboy (Posts: 199; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
Whether its the GS4 camera or not, the user obviously didn't focus the lens and just snapped the pic. Calm down. Any phone camera at any given time can take a pic that blurry.
31. pkiran1996 (Posts: 165; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Probably just an excuse to rip on Samsung. He knows full well that its not a proper photo test.
34. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
lol pkiran, you're right. However, I do like Samsung but I cannot stand hyped up products.
Besides, those pics could've been taken with anything--cellphone, digicam...you name it.
Until the phone is launched, and makes its way to my store, I'll pass on all the speculation.
36. pkiran1996 (Posts: 165; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
At least you're honest. When previous iterations of products are brilliant and successful, it's not surprising that the next version is going to be hyped up (in this case, perhaps overhyped)
2. joey18 (Posts: 574; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
sg4 has better ui then camera the gs3 camera sucks nokia and iphone are the best
11. Just_a_boy (Posts: 183; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
What about Galaxy Camera that was smoked by Lumia 920...
15. iushnt (Posts: 886; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
I believe it was pureview 808..Lumias camera sucks at day time..
25. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
all other camera phones suck even more on night time
32. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Lumia 920? Really? Link please..
39. BitterTruth (unregistered)
Even the 2 years old Pureview smoked the 2012 Galaxy. And now another Nokia is coming. #MWC
4. pwnarena (Posts: 1019; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
interesting to know that the place where that photo was taken (most probably a samsung facility or a chinese factory where the device is being constructed) still has that kind of computer tower.
i know this sounds stupid but i really thought those towers are already extinct in the developed/industrialized world.
12. p0rkguy (Posts: 684; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Now you're just being silly, those towers have been standardized and still used by businesses all over the world. They're cheap, simple and offers all the basic functions/necessities at the lowest prices. The chances of them being extinct in the corporate world is really slim.
Businesses will only use OSX when they're either using the features available in OSX, too dumb to use Windows or have an abundance of money to spend.
16. iushnt (Posts: 886; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
I was thinking the same.. This pic cannot be from Samsung headquarter.. It must have been clicked by some low line staffs somewhere else..
23. tmcblog (Posts: 19; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
lol you underestimate the computer by looking at its case. You don't have an idea of what are inside it. It could probably be powered by a powerful Core i7 or a Xeon in a 2011 LGA motherboard, with 32 GB of RAM, a Geforce GTX680 or a Quadro as a graphic processor or other future proof components. The computer at my office still has that kind of old tower case, but what inside it is something powerful like I mention above. For what? For an engineering job.
My advise: don't judge the computer by its case. It could be a monstrous workstation.
5. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3046; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Sorry but I want photos of the device itself, not of it's camera. Here let me go to work and take a couple pictures using my Note 2 and report it as the SGS4, yawn.
19. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Haha.... Better yet, take photo with a DSLR, edit the EXIF file to show purported GS IV specs and then publish it to Picasa. All of the anti-Sammy community will promptly vomit in their hands.
35. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3046; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
lmao! I know right? If the SGS2 can take better photos of this, why would anyone suspect this to be from the SGS4? I don't care about testing products, unless it's the device itself or UI. Note 2 and SGS3 take amazing photos so I have no doubt the SGS3 and Note 3 will be even better.
6. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6973; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Man seriously don't give a tester that can't take good quality pictures
7. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
super fake.. how could d latest flagship of sammy have terrible photos? gs3 and note2 were 2 of d best mob cameras last year..
and i dont think their production dept will look like that, those CPUs look oldschool and the envronmnt looks like a regular office, thinking that Sammy take a lot of effort to make their flagship phone secret even within d company haha
13. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
these leaked camera photos are so worthless. I don't care about camera photos until the final product is out and reviewers have taken photos.
17. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
whats wrong w/ what ive said..
did i get dislikes bcoz i said gs3 and note2 were 2 of d best cam mobiles last year,?
or am i wrong with d production dept, CPU ek ek haha?
8. nikenturd (unregistered)
dang....looks like crap....could be fake though
14. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
these pics arent too be taken as anything really, wait till real confirmed shots appear before judging.im sure samsung know they need to up there game in the camera department to stay on top and hopefully build quality too
2013 looks to be a year of hard competition for samsung with others starting to run into the phablet market etc
ready for the hate from samsungs loyal few
38. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
so this sites just gotten worse, the fanboys still dont come up with a proper comment. phonearena should allow us to see who thumbs up and down comments. see all those that support the fanboys
thats why i hardly come on here, the users here are over the top tragic fanboys.
18. joey_sfb (Posts: 3949; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
LOL!!! Better than microsoft multi-millon, 'Scroogle campaign'
22. maccess (Posts: 677; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
i believe the quality of the s4 camera will be very good just like all the previous samsung flagships.. honestly i feel more curious about the design of the s4 itself... after seeing plenty good looking android handsets like the xperia z , droid dna or even the oppo find 5.. and what new features they will bring.. i hope the s4 will be a worthy upgrade from my s3 now..
24. bluescreen (Posts: 154; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
man if those are photos from a 13mp camera they suck....thank god i dont buy phones soley cause of their camera....look how that worked out for the lumina 920 it tanked....further more i've seen stick figure drawings with better quality than these two pics
27. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I think this is legit.
Every time such early camera samples leak, the quality is horrible.. be it Sony, HTC or Samsung
30. monkeytown (Posts: 109; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
unfortunately, HTC´s cameras still suck on the final units :/
28. sonisoe (Posts: 372; Member since: 06 May 2009)
am going to give htc another try when the new "one" is out.... love samsung, i think the korean does the best android implementation not only performance but also features...but its time to change...
29. mydi.maus (unregistered)
both image are blurry,...nahh!! stop stop stop...