More front and back photos of the HTC M8 aka One 2 pop, confirm the new camera system
0. phoneArena 12 Feb 2014, 09:00 posted on
Just when an HTC exec kills one leaked shot of the upcoming M8 aka One 2 flagship as fake, another pops up to take its place. Faced with this futile fight, the folks from HTC aren't even commenting any more, while we are getting yet more shots, claimed to be of the HTC One's successor. These jibe with the dual sensor camera setup that is rumored to be on the M8, as well as the dual LED flash system. The ambient light and proximity sensors have also been repositioned right on the new phone, compared to the HTC One, but that's about most of the external differentiation, if we don't count the navigational keys...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. a_merryman (Posts: 681; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Ok, that looks much better than the render with the HTC logo on the front, should be much more manageable. Looks like an amazing screen ratio with slim bezels on all sides.
9. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
They are on-screen buttons. Look closely Daniel. They are translucent.
15. a_merryman (Posts: 681; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
How did he even think it looked like capacitive? You can see the wallpaper continue underneath them!
25. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2306; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I thought they were at first too. You have to look rather closely to see the wallpaper underneath. It's not exactly the brightest picture of the phone. Of course, my rapidly aging eyes could be part of the problem too.
29. hurrycanger (Posts: 1182; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Did he say anything about capacitive buttons?
Nvm. Thought you replied to merryman. XD
11. akki20892 (Posts: 3555; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
I hope they improve camera in low light condition. After all perfect device.
20. a_merryman (Posts: 681; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Yes, clearly you know more than the rest of us. ( /s , if that wasn't obvious)
24. irellemot (Posts: 38; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
I like it, but I believe its fake. Remember when that one was deemed as a fake because of the two flash cutouts, and not just the one.
2. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2915; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Those on screen buttons look huge! Anyway it's a beautiful device!
22. _Bone_ (Posts: 2132; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
That's not the HTC One 2, this is it. Apparently it'll be called HTC Quad
3. alchemyduelist (Posts: 17; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
I'm disappointed, same old design, didn't even try to change anything
7. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 211; Member since: 30 May 2013)
How do u know that this is the new htc one,this pic is another leak
10. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
I am willing to bet 10$ that this is the real deal.
19. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
16. a_merryman (Posts: 681; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Why does it matter? It is a great design, there isn't a point in changing things that are already great just for the sake of changing. It is why the lumia design language has stayed so similar, and the same for the Xperia Z line.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." - words to live by. I'm sure they save money on R & D by keeping a similar design, as well as not having to change the manufacturing aspect...which saves more money.
4. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
3 years from now on flagships with screens as big as 6+ inches will be as prevalent as 5 inches display as of now...
I wonder how human hands will look like in the next decade.
14. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
"I wonder how human hands will look like in the next decade."
Just like they used to look one decade ago. ;)
6. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
That looks. AWESOME!!
8. newbey123 (Posts: 429; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Those aren't physical buttons, they are on screen. If you look close you can see the background wallpaper underneath it. Loving this phone. Best design and UI wrapped in a nice metal body! Hurry up and make it HTC!
17. HTCOE (Posts: 483; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
That's a fake picture the HTC logo is on the front
13. noogle (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
Hold on. @HTCFamily_RU called this "absolutely fake" and released an image with the HTC logo underneath the screen:
21. datphoneguy (Posts: 140; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
Well I like this picture better (without the hideous HTC logo at the bottom), so I'll assume this is the real deal :P
23. aayupanday (Posts: 517; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Now that's more like it... No more irritating hTC logo above the lower Speaker grill.
26. Gregor (Posts: 24; Member since: 26 Nov 2013)
Much better - but sadly its a fake, because the frame on the sides isn't metallic (looks like the old One)
30. s_boy (Posts: 15; Member since: 30 Nov 2013)
That's better! hope it's like this with the slim bezels and on screen soft buttons.
32. loveHEAVYMETAL (unregistered)
if it was true,it will be the best ever desgned smartphone in 2014 like m7 did in 2013!Good Luck HTC,the only one pure mobile company!