More details on the mid-range Sony Xperia SP
aluminum, but the back will be made of plastic.
One interesting note. While the Sony Xperia SP will offer a smaller screen than the Sony Xperia ZL, the former weighs 4 grams more (155 grams) than the larger sized model.
source: XperiaBlog via AndroidCentral
1. thunderising (Posts: 227; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
And this was posted here weeks ago!
2. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6950; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
It's always good too make low end decives for those that can't afford HIGH END devices
6. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
this would be considered mid-high end bro, far from low end
8. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4154; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yeah, the dual core S4 with Adreno 225 is considered mid-range now, dual core Krait with Adreno 320 should be higher on the scale.
10. smallworld (Posts: 448; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
It should be more powerful than S3 which is still considered high end.
4. akki20892 (Posts: 3745; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Sony Don't get me excited......!!! looking forward to buy xperia........!!! go sony this year is yours.....!!!
5. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
still waiting on that 4.3 inch beast sony.......
9. Taters (Posts: 3742; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Eh?! Same internals as the Xperia Z and it pushes less pixels so it is probably faster. How much more beastly do you want it?! 342 ppi isn't that much farther from 441. This probably has better battery life than the Z too. It even uses the metal HTC fans and Xperia fans jizz so much about it.
The only thing I can see that mid ranges it is the 8gb of storage but it has an SD card slot so whatever.
So what does it need exactly to be high end to you guys? It is already much higher than an iphone 5 in both cpu and pixel density. Waterproof? More storage?
If it is the screen then I think you are out of luck. I think the Blackerry Z10 screen is probably the top of the line right now at 356 ppi. You sure as hell won't find a 1080p 4.3 inch screen anywhere. What is that anyways? 500 ppi?
7. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 807; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Spec's wise I think I like this one. hopefully SONY prices this one at a Mid - range area.