More details on Motorola Rapture VU30 for Verizon
In standby mode the lower left and right corners of the external display house shortcuts to the music player and the camera, which can be activated and controlled by the display (it is touch sensitive). That’s the reason on the right side there is a lock switch. VU30 is a CDMA/EVDO phone with 2-megapixel camera, microSD slot for memory and microUSB for connecting a charger or cable for computer connection.
Motorola Rapture VU30 Preliminary Specifications
If you have some interesting info that you'd like to share with us, feel free to Tip Us!
1. Junior (unregistered) posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:42 0 0
It looks like a PEBL, only as thin as a RAZR. I wonder if the exterior screen will have touch capabilities as a whole, or just in the corners where they're putting all of the "buttons". Still, not much innovation, but it's Moto. Looks like it can be a more than decent phone though.
2. (unregistered) posted on 22 Aug 2008, 11:35 0 0
Just the two buttons. This is the same phone as the MOTORAZR VE20 for Sprint, released about 2 weeks ago. They just, as you mentioned, rounded the corners to make it look like the "love-child" of a PEBL and a RAZR. Nothing that new, runs a little smoother and is slotted between a V3m and V9m.
3. (unregistered) posted on 22 Aug 2008, 13:08 0 0
i have no more words to express how i think MOTOROLA IS SUCKING AT LIFE!!!
4. (unregistered) posted on 22 Aug 2008, 13:38 0 0
i just dont get how verizon is getting like the worst phones
5. (unregistered) posted on 22 Aug 2008, 15:17 0 0
6. primewax (unregistered) posted on 22 Aug 2008, 15:33 0 0
Like a wild pig?
7. anon (unregistered) posted on 22 Aug 2008, 16:56 0 0
Your insult might be more effective if you knew how to spell. I'm just sayin'.
8. (unregistered) posted on 22 Aug 2008, 17:42 0 0
yea........ i agree..... this is the 2nd time I've seen an insult with terrible spelling.
23. (unregistered) posted on 27 Aug 2008, 16:37 0 0
uhh...yeah...did anyone else notice the spell checker at the bottom of this page?
9. (unregistered) posted on 22 Aug 2008, 18:19 0 0
you guys may think this phone stinks but its a personal style thiing. and personaly i think its nice looking with OK features.
10. (unregistered) posted on 22 Aug 2008, 19:18 0 0
motorola's style is unique. it's like they try to appeal to specific demographic with their fashion phones.you either love it or hate it. i love moto phones such as razr, u9, v9, and this one looks very promising too!
11. (unregistered) posted on 22 Aug 2008, 23:33 0 0
blah blah blah. You guys could just get a life and quit worrying about phones... I personally use a phone for calling and texting the ladies. Just about every phone ever made since 1999 is capable of that. I have a life. None of you do! Deal with it!
12. (unregistered) posted on 23 Aug 2008, 00:01 0 0
Then why are you posting here.
13. primewax (unregistered) posted on 23 Aug 2008, 09:12 0 0
TORCH'D! Sorry lol
17. (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2008, 10:52 0 0
Well, i agree with #12, and for #11 - Dude why not commit suicide, it will be easier for us :)
20. pyrexkitty (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2008, 17:22 0 0
14. (unregistered) posted on 23 Aug 2008, 13:54 0 0
hush,,, sayin torched....u need 2 b torched u lop-sided penguin
15. vzw fanboy (unregistered) posted on 23 Aug 2008, 14:08 0 0
i do think the ultimate phone for people who want an iphone will be the blackberry thunder, especially for those people who dont want to pay the iphone 3g's expensive data plan. i went into the basement of a library to get a book, at&T no service, verizon- full ev and 1x bars. i do think verizon is one step ahead of everyother carrier's features. they were the first to do many things which other carriers now follow.
16. (unregistered) posted on 23 Aug 2008, 18:46 0 0
All I want is the freaking Thunder. How much longer do we have to wait. Aren't we into 4q ...
18. Dexter (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2008, 13:15 0 0
I had a chance to play with this phone, it was interesting for sure. There is a clear plastic shield that is touch sensitive which offer the actual touch screen inside the flip some protection I guess. It's a flip phone which seems more advantageous for talking on. I think it will be Moto's first touch phone offering. I'm pretty sure it will be offered for VZW, any other carriers I don't know.
19. Dexter (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2008, 13:19 0 0
Actually on closer inspection, this is not the phone I played with. I don't know what phone I was playing with, some moto touch phone. that's funny.
24. AlexMetalex (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2008, 09:36 0 0
You were playing with Krave ZN4. but how come, it only came out into the VZ stores 2 days ago?
21. (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2008, 20:10 0 0
Actually, I think it's nice to see Moto changing it's designs a bit. But none of the changes are as drastic as the Z8 or Z10.. :(
22. (unregistered) posted on 25 Aug 2008, 04:03 0 0
25. (unregistered) posted on 26 Oct 2008, 18:42 0 0
i actually like this phone. havent got to play with it yet but its a moto. anything but an lg chocolate works for me.