More details about HTC One (M8) Duo camera surface
0. phoneArena 27 Mar 2014, 04:42 posted on
The HTC One (M8) is the first handset to feature a novel, ‘Duo’ camera setup with two rear cameras working in concert to add a layer of new, computational effects to your images…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. pwnarena (Posts: 843; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
https: //plus.google. com/app/basic/stream/z13ugv1yvqukjwg0kwz0zfrbmqqnh40c?cbp=wggnr3yntfhv&sview=27&cid=5&soc-app=115&soc-platform=1&spath=/app/basic/%2BEricaGriffin/posts&sparm=cbp%3Dy07ilgpka4gg%26sview%3D26%26cid%3D5%26soc-app%3D115%26soc-platform%3D1
https: //plus.google. com/+supercurioFran%C3%A7oisSimond/posts/9NmCKQ3VwWw
look, they're saying the dual camera is a gimmick. it's a hit or miss.
2. papss (unregistered)
People still use google plus?
17. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Oh look, you have jokes....lol You know its the second most popular social network right? Passed up twiter last year. Therefor yes, ALOT of people use google plus. Now, everyones still pretty far behind facebook, but ya know....
21. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2523; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
You know why? Because Google forces Youtube users to use Google+. And everybody hates it.
3. ScottSchneider (Posts: 313; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
This bokeh effect from the All New One is kind of a fail... From the flowers pic, the effect seems to blur even the carriage in the backgroung from Pic#3... I say the phone is having trouble in figuring out the depth in the picture and doesnt know which is where... Not that this cannot be correct.. This effect brought purely from the software side so it is gonna be easy to correct...
5. mr.techdude (Posts: 542; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
U know how HTC is, they release it then they find out that ppl have complaints about their software. A software fix is being downloaded then it really does fix it. That's HTC for ya
6. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
What happens if i cover up the second lens?
13. SageoftheSouth (Posts: 7; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
you get a prompt saying it was covered and didnt fire.....
7. vincelongman (Posts: 1052; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Meh, I reckon the Duo camera is just another gimmick
Very disappoint they remove OIS for the Duo camera
I would choose OIS over Duo camera any day
9. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1692; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
I still remember when people thought it was another finger scanner..them shyts are a gimmick!!!
10. surethom (Posts: 234; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
So much for HTC saying we are not into gimmick, when the duo camera is a gimmick. HTC is misguided in thinking that having a phone that can refocus is better than just upgrading the M7's camera to 6 or 8 megapixels.
11. 1701nino (Posts: 246; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Why HTC whyyyy????!!!!?????You could have been the king in 2014,i just don't get them,they could have easily made a killer phone but instead they are behind samsung and son right now.I mean samsung can afford to fool around,the have money,but not HTC.If they used a camera similar like LG and put in 3 GB of ram,and an even larger baterry 3.200 mh this would have been a killer phone.Butt i think the obvious truth is that htc can't afford it anymore,if you noticed they are saving money on every step except design. Same camera and memory as last year slightly better battery...
14. tarek1980 (Posts: 50; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
HTC you are really stupid company....... M8 is just another mistake
1- Hard to fix or replace battery or screen (very stupid).
2- same camera with 4 Ultraaaaa MP crap (keep bad sh**).
3- Smallest battery for a Flagship (keep me stick to the wall).
for the second year NO htc
16. true1984 (Posts: 586; Member since: 23 May 2012)
the battery in the m7 lasted longer than the one in the g2 though. plus htc will replace the battery for free. i feel your pain on the camera though.
12. NightFelix (Posts: 36; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
HTC must be thinking of making Triple Camera on HTC M9 on year of 2015.
18. urbanism (Posts: 6; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
So does this effectively mean that HTC combines the resolution to achieve something similar to a 6MP camera?
20. LikeMyself (Posts: 238; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
So can I get 6MP+ images with the combined cameras?