More bad news for HTC as Taiwan based firm faces sales ban following ITC ruling
0. phoneArena 24 Sep 2013, 20:24 posted on
Things have not been going well for Taiwan based manufacturer HTC; as we told you earlier on Tuesday, the company is finding it hard to procure the casings it needs to produce the HTC One mini. Thanks to the shortage of this part, HTC now is expected to ship just 200,000 units of the HTC One mini each month...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Troysyx (Posts: 175; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Oh no!!!!! they are going to ban my Sensation!!!! How am i ever going to get over the phone i had two years ago???? :'(
7. Beijendorf (Posts: 339; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
No no, they'll only ban you from buying a new one in 2014. Which is equally terrifying since I'm looking for a new paperweight for my desk. :(
9. Sauce (unregistered)
15. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11342; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
They're giving them away in kid's meals
17. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10434; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Omg lolol. I'm a previous Sensation 4G owner, and I found this too funny.
2. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Dirty thieves get what they deserve, HTC is a horrible company I hope they are 100% gone in a few years.
3. apple4never (Posts: 1064; Member since: 08 May 2013)
i hope your gone 100% in a few years. htc isnt bad they're just not great
8. Beijendorf (Posts: 339; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
A little clarification on why you call them "horrible company" and "dirty thieves" would raise you from troll status to a person holding a discussion.
29. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
People clarify like crazy but all the HTC loving morons like Giani just don't listen and write it off as a conspiracy theory.
HTC products do not sell because they suck, not because of any other imaginary reason HTC fans and Samsung haters like to come up with.
14. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2133; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I'm not sure I see how they are as bad as Samsung, let alone, worse. Samsung has ripped off companies in practically every field they enter. The Galaxy S was an iPhone ripoff, they ripped off Japanese flatscreen manufacturers to become competitive, they were sued by LG for corporate espionage, they have used SEP patents to sue competitors and been investigated for it, and they are currently being sued by Dyson for blatant copying of patented features. I would say HTC would have to work pretty hard to be worse.
18. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10434; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Do you really want to go there? Because anyone can sit here and wrote all night about your favorite company in the world, the almighty... Apple.
19. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2133; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Yeah? Enlighten me.
Of course, if I was a diehard Apple guy, shouldn't I at least own an iPhone? Unless a Moto X, an Atrix HD, and a Kindle Fire HD count.
26. joey_sfb (Posts: 5339; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Apple has no problem out sourcing their entire iPhone manufacturing to Samsung, if Apple don't have a problem with that why should their fans care about Samsung this Samsung that.
30. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Yes they ripped off Japanese flat screen manufacturers....lol. You are fricking moron because Samsung has been supplying them for ages. In fact, Sony and Samsung had their own factory before until Samsung realized that Sony was dead weight and cut them off.
A lot of TV manufacturers use Samsung and Panasonic panels for their televisions.
28. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
He is not a troll. He is just plain stup!d. Plus when u take into consideration things like paid students and stuff it's not hard to understand why forums open to discussions are full of this type of characters. As for their beloved sammy...well we are talking about HTC here. Apparently a lot of these so called forum experts (paid students) have expressed their desire for HTC to go bankrupt. Why from a consumer point of view is this a good thing I really can't understand. I know it's frustrating when the likes of the fruit company...HTC and others actually put some thoughts into their designs and use premium materials. But hey it's called choice ! If I whant to buy a premium looking device fine my choice. If I whant to buy an plastic brick with a removable battery...fine again..the point here is WE need choices.
33. quesoesgrande (Posts: 217; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
Give us an example of how "terrible" they are.
6. papss (unregistered)
HTC can't catch a break lately. When will they learn!
10. Sauce (unregistered)
What happened with HTC lately, before this?
21. Android4Ever (Posts: 86; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
They recently were forced to cut 40% of their work force. Due to below average sales of their sealed shut "pretty" phones...
23. DerryAhmad (Posts: 273; Member since: 05 May 2012)
Supply Shortage (even before the Mini), Top Execs leaving the company, Using Mic (for HTC One) that supposedly Nokia exclusive only.
13. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Most of these devices are discontinued anyway and, even if they are banned, President "O" will do the right thing and Veto the ban. After all, it would be the fair thing to do since he iVetoed the ITC Apple ban earlier this year. Here's to "O's" democracy: separate and equal.
16. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3607; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Well, more than half of the phones are none existent now. I don't see the point.
20. jove39 (Posts: 1819; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Who cares for those 2 year old phones...HTC shouldn't spend money fighting over it.
25. Sauce (unregistered)
EVERYONE cared when it was the iPhone 4...
el o el
27. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3714; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
All these phones are old. So I think there would be no problem for HTC.
31. supa_dupa (Posts: 78; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Wow, big trouble for the bestseller HTC Jetstream !!!
34. sintruder (Posts: 104; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
HTC are lucky not including those patents in the 2012-2013 phones.
35. Ronny666 (Posts: 111; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
They failed as an Android OEM. HTC didn't manage to push Android to the level where Samsung brought it and they used to do a lot of marketing back then. They didn't manage to bite Apple iphones before the existence of Galaxy phones. Now they are trying to impress kids with shiny metal... Anyway good luck to HTC and hope they don't fall way behind.
36. razmahtaz001 (Posts: 57; Member since: 11 May 2013)
where is obama on this one? and i havent heard anything about the samsung ban just a month or two back, if obama vetoed that ban?
37. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Why is Tater not ban yet? We all know he is a troll or just plain dumb. One of the two.