More alleged HTC M8 cases reveal cutouts for either a fingerprint sensor or a second camera
Alleged HTC M8 cases
1. This alleged HTC M8 back cover first showed the existence of a secondary cutout
2. Alleged HTC M8 cases, found on Alibaba
3. More alleged HTC M8 cases, initially found on Alibaba
4. More alleged HTC M8 cases, initially found on Alibaba
5. More alleged HTC M8 cases, initially found on Alibaba
6. More alleged HTC M8 cases, initially found on Alibaba
7. More alleged HTC M8 cases, initially found on Alibaba
8. More alleged HTC M8 cases, initially found on Alibaba
9. More alleged HTC M8 cases, initially found on Alibaba
1. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
if this is a fingerprint sensor , another fail from htc
6. Teja171 (unregistered)
They will definately fail, if the device shares the problems of the previous one.
7. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
The amount of injustice that has been made by awarding htc one the best phone of 2013...if only this so called experts in the industry would have asked for your opinion.. I mean...u know .. that guy..Brian from that shifty site Anandtech....what do they know..right ?!
P.s. I have the One..Ohhh and it's awesome !
15. Teja171 (unregistered)
Then be happy. I too own it, but not at all satisfied with it, as it was substandard in most respects. I think HTC One(M8) may be somewhat crummy too.
20. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 820; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
The only thing substandard in the M7 is the camera in daylight. What are you so unhappy about the device?
21. Teja171 (unregistered)
Everything except the stereo speakers, display.
The worst part of the HTC one was the Aluminium Unibody, which becomes too hot after slight usage.
26. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 820; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Strange, mine barely heats and when it does the aluminium body dissipates the heat very fast, much faster than my previous plastic phones.. To each their own.
2. abdane (Posts: 475; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
How about one is Ultrapixel and the other is 8-16 Megapixel ? one for low light, the other for high resolution pics...
16. Teja171 (unregistered)
For two separate (different) technologies to work simultaneously, you need a snapdragon 805 for that purpose. Refer Wikipedia about the SD805.
23. abdane (Posts: 475; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Yes, and we saw a post few weeks ago that the so called "HTC One+" will have a SD 805, right? :D
3. alterecho (Posts: 1082; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
How far apart does 2 lenses have to be, to capture 3D images?
17. Teja171 (unregistered)
Sorry, no quantum physics here. Don't expect it to have 3D capabilities.
4. Duketytz (Posts: 473; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Looks like company's are keeping their phones a secret now! Getting lesser and lesser leaks nowadays:(
5. Teja171 (unregistered)
Why cant the extra hole be an IR Blaster ?
18. Teja171 (unregistered)
The power button on the HTC one becomes too soft after some time of usage.I hate that concept. I think an IR Blaster is somewhat over hyped, since you have remotes for all the equpiment you own.
8. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2179; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
If it's a fingerprint scanner & one that you have to swipe your finger across like on the One Max, how would ever be able to use it with that case on? On that note, I wonder what cases look like for the One Max.
13. Teja171 (unregistered)
A large vertical cutout for swiping the finger, and as you know, the camera too gets covered in the huge cutout.
19. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2179; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
PhoneArena must have it backward then. If it is a fingerprint scanner, it must be the larger cutout in the case. The smaller one must be for the camera. The even smaller one must be the flash.
22. Teja171 (unregistered)
I mean a large one, for the Finger Print scanner ( if it exists )
11. aayupanday (Posts: 516; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I'm an HTC One fan but Gawd that looks terrible!
14. Teja171 (unregistered)
Don't give it such a name, I'm somewhat sceptical that it would not be so interesting as it sounds.
24. newbey123 (Posts: 408; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Been waiting to upgrade til this came out. Have the One X and has been my favorite and best phone. Sso excited to get the new one.
25. Bioload25 (Posts: 207; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I truly didn't understand that weird placement of the fingerprint scanner,whats the logic of it? One of the most awkwardly-placed things on a device ever IMO.
I think the dual-sensored camera will truly be a sucess for HTC,makes sense,but I'd love to see 3D image and video capabilities.