More Sony Xperia Z3 photos show up, non-removable battery confirmed
0. phoneArena 26 Aug 2014, 12:02 posted on
The Xperia Z3 should be announced next week at IFA 2014, possibly at the same time with a compact version of it, and a new Sony tablet...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. CyberFalcon (Posts: 221; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
A louder speaker and then u ll have my money...
Everything else is fine for me...
29. omar300 (Posts: 209; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
if you have ever opened up any xperia z devices you would have noticed that instead of earpiece they have loud speaker.... so yea its stereo speaker for sure. it has 2 loud speakers.
the bottom loud speaker is hidden so cant tell if its still the old technology or something has changed.
34. cheetah2k (Posts: 1490; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Still no wireless charging.. I just don't get it.
How many boffins need to die to get this thru to Sony??
36. DillWeed (Posts: 149; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)
Wireless charging is very slow and unreliable right now. I would rather have the pins that this phone has on the side.
2. mayur007 (Posts: 562; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
to me i its not good i want a freedom of removable battery
i dont want to be a wall hugger ...
for me a no.
4. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Wall hugger? I ran my Z2 for 3 days straight with light usage. And 1 and a half day with heavy usage. I think I can live with that kind of battery life.
10. mayur007 (Posts: 562; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
i have a really bad exp with my z1 so for me
my usage is more
i charge my note 2 twice a day
morning and at night
19. mayur007 (Posts: 562; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
right now i m on holiday so only thing i do i use maps
camera , chatting etc
so on usage i have to charge it twice a day
23. StanleyG88 (Posts: 230; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
Thing is, SONY has committed to waterproofing and a removable battery and waterproofing do not co-exist very well. I've had military pieces that have had waterproofing and removable batteries and to do it right, it would add some thickness and weight that SONY does not feel is worth it.
47. mayur007 (Posts: 562; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Every time my battery drains out I change the battery
So its easy for me to carry 1 extra battery as its more lighter than charger so I dont have use it while charging which results some heating
48. mayur007 (Posts: 562; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Also we can have accessories for making the phone waterproof like apple and other flagship have waterproof cases n covers
Well everyone has different priorities so this thing is not arguable.
Yes I do agree that
25. DroidInMyPocket (Posts: 7; Member since: 07 Jul 2014)
But what happens if the battery goes bad or the usb connections goes whacky like it does in the GS3? A removable battery and seperate batt charger saved me with that phone. Not worth spending $100 for repair when my contract is up in OCT and I'll be getting anew phone. $14 for 3 batteries and a charger seems like a reasonable fix and they last just as long as the stock Samsung battery. I have 3 fully charged batteries ready to go at all times. CAn't do that with a non-removable battery. MAny of these newer phones are VERY appealing EXCEPT for the battery issue. THAts when I say it's either Samsung or LG. Until batteries charge super fast and jump significantly in reliability I'll stick with phones with removable batteries.
27. StanleyG88 (Posts: 230; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
That's where YOU have to decide your priorities and if the Battery issue is more important than the other features, you will need to pick a phone with removable batteries. You can always have an external battery ready. The only issue for me is if the battery actually goes bad before I am ready for a new phone. That's what was nice about ONE year contracts. Most phone Batts would last for one year easy but some have a problem stretching it to two.
39. Venkatramanan (Posts: 308; Member since: 15 Aug 2014)
Have you heard about the explode in the phones which are having removable batteries because of the third party batteries. If you need to use spare battery please use the genuine One.
37. DillWeed (Posts: 149; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)
Well then it's not really heavy usage, is it. My note 3 has Exellent battery life, yet some days when I tether, download and use the phone I have to charge it two times. So it's not really heavy when you get more then one day out of it, unless you have a screenshot that shows 36h display on time.
38. John2014 (Posts: 43; Member since: 14 Jan 2014)
I was using removable battery phone but I gave up to use second battery because I did not want to spend the wasting time for charge the second battery.
5. aranauser (Posts: 58; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
What is the point in releasing same specd succesors.no wow factor.
11. nohatenofanboy (banned) (Posts: 515; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
there is no wow factor at flagships in these days
14. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Sony does that for their 2nd flagship of the year. So the 1st flagship is more worth upgrading to when the 2nd flagship comes out IMO
50. romeo1 (Posts: 703; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
That was usually the case but the z1 was more worth upgrading than the z2 as the only improvement was the speaker and display the difference between s800 and s801 isn't really big.
The z1 had a better screen/camera/sound/ip rating/ s800 compared to s4 pro is a big improvement and a much better battery life. With the z i struggled ti get past 1 day with the z1/z ultra its very easy even with heavy usage.
Hoping they will release another ultra worth upgrading for me
24. buccob (Posts: 2490; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I think the Z3 Compact is the one with more wow factor...
Admitedly this one is not much different from Z2... but Z3 Compact is a different beast.
12. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I wouldn't call it piece of crap :P I would get this phone before I get a lot of other phones that's out right now. But Z2 FTW!!!!!!!!!!!
18. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Well yea of course it's a good phone. But definitely seems to be the worst upgrade in the Z series history. I still have some hopes towards it though :)
21. akki20892 (Posts: 3899; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
i'm waiting for Z4.........it will be a huge upgrade for Z series users.
44. nohatenofanboy (banned) (Posts: 515; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
whut ? it has same specs of z2. so you call z2 piece of crrap too
7. maherk (Posts: 3352; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Boringgg. It's time for them to change the design, I am not saying going through an overhaul, but they have used the exact same design for the 4th time now, it needs a little bit of refreshing, and Sony showed us before that they are able in producing sexy phones.
And what's up with the specs? They are almost identical to the Z2!!
8. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 2010; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
IMO the leaked Note 4 design looks slightly better.
32. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 2010; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
I'm hoping it looks better than the leaked photos.
9. Anshulonweb (Posts: 430; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
sony has starting disappointing me....the 2013 lineup of sony was great with phones as xperia sp,zr,zl,l,m besides the flagships and were competitively priced.....the 2014 lineup of sony is.little overpriced (altleast in india it is) and not so great ob harware terms.....
42. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Yes too many mid range phones that WILL NEVER GET UPDATED. I just hope SONY will make a better cleaner looking UI with MORE FEATURES.
13. RudioX (Posts: 13; Member since: 07 Jun 2009)
Sony are you joking, 801 instead of the 805?? Such a bad move!!
15. solidsnake695 (Posts: 132; Member since: 04 Jan 2013)
nobody asked phonearena that z3 has removable or non removable battery see this is what phonearena does advertise other brands with cons and advertise samsung like its the best in the world
17. twens (Posts: 953; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Boring. What's special about this over the note 4 and iphone 6??? Design is old and wack.
40. Venkatramanan (Posts: 308; Member since: 15 Aug 2014)
Each and Every phone has some advantages and some drawbacks. That is personal preferences. Somebody may like Samsung TW UI but i dont like it. But i can't say their taste is bad.
20. Zapp_B (Posts: 30; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
Never owned an experia before, but this looks good to me, very clean lines
22. Damo579 (Posts: 242; Member since: 18 May 2013)
It sucks that it will be very hard to get in the USA....... The Sony store in NYC is still waiting for the Z2
26. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1981; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
there is thing called internet you can get Z2 on there thanks...
30. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Xperia Z? Is that you? Or Z1? Wait, is this the Z2? Oh, its the Z3,,wait what?
33. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 2010; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
It's a leaked photo of the so-called Z3. Read the title at least if you CBA to read the article.
35. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Someone missed the point of the post. It's saying the Z looks identical to the Z1, and the Z2 and now the Z3. Put all 4 next to each other and its impossible to tell from the front, or even the back. Maybe read #30 again before you post.
41. Venkatramanan (Posts: 308; Member since: 15 Aug 2014)
What about Samsung and Iphone... Even HTC.. All are doing the same thing. Because the phone Design phase is Saturated. We can not expect much improvement in the Design now.They will recycle the old design like they did with Alpha ( S2 Design in new metal Shell). We can expect Xperia Z4 may have Xperia S/Arc design in new look. We can't expect anything new now.
43. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I like the slimmer top and bottom bezels but the smaller battery is an unnecessary compromise...
45. imparanoic (Posts: 88; Member since: 15 Oct 2012)
I believe that sony is trying to lower their cost, the construction has simplified from z1 ( which was famous for gaps), the z2, and new one z3 which is simplest and least complex, while achieving slightly more space for bigger battery and screen
the have been doing this for years on TV's, ps3/ps2, psp and ps vita and cameras with minor revisions
46. imparanoic (Posts: 88; Member since: 15 Oct 2012)
what is silly is sony's naming convention, tick tock updates should be represented in the model number/naming convention, most obvious one is iphone,
they didn't call the playstation 1 - 3000 series - ps2, 5000 series - ps3, or psone schp100 - ps5, why do this on phones
at this rate, we will get to z8 by 2017, while iphone will be on 7, Samsung will be s8, lg on g6, and so on
49. refillable (Posts: 1038; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
So SD801? Why the heck would Sony do a pointless upgrade?