More Sony Xperia Z1 (Honami) high-res photos outed
0. phoneArena 29 Aug 2013, 10:18 posted on
New high-res snaps of both a black and white Sony Xperia Z1 (Honami) have been brought to our attention, and the source, unsurprisingly, is somewhere in China...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1616; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Sexy beast!! But in my opinion the Note 3 will be better!!
3. PunyPoop (Posts: 571; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Just release it SONY! We can't wait!!
LOOK at the viewing angle! WOOT!
40. akki20892 (Posts: 2330; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Just wow.....what a stunning device....gorgeous outside and powerful inside.
78. sapibuntinx (Posts: 50; Member since: 08 May 2013)
yeahhhhhhhhh unleash the beastzelsss sony!! can't wait to replace my dumbbell with a new one!! take my money!!
24. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3450; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I am sorry but this has to be one the BEST looking phone ever to grace the mobile world. The black is beautiful BUT that white one looks like a piece of art.
Also to be DUST & WATER proof up to 5 feet deep & to include a 20MP camera with no HUMP is a technological marvel.
Sony just dropped probably the BEST all around phone money can buy this fall. Sony just showed us in these pics what BOTH HTC & Samsung are up against this fall.
Sure the Xperia Z1 is not a phablet like the Samsung Galaxy Note III & HTC One Max but in the all around game of top BEAST phone of the fall the Sony Xperia Z1 looks like a Mike Tyson at the peak of his prime.
Samsung your Galaxy Note III HAS NO CHOICE but to be on point, if not I am going to be the first to say I am not going to buy your Note III.
The jury is still out. Let's see what the Samsung Galaxy Note III has to offer.
25. PunyPoop (Posts: 571; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
This Device is truly a masterpiece! It's CRAFTED perfectly in every details, not like the OTHER DEVICE to be announced, it is CRAP-TED! :D
32. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3450; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Whatever floats your boat.
51. sum182 (Posts: 208; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Please Please Please Sony....bring this to Verizon.....if not.............well, i guess i'll just have to leave Verizon! haha
27. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
In this article you said “i didn’t says the note 3 was better”
So please tell me what makes you think that note 3 will be better than Z1??
29. emadshiny (Posts: 1009; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Can you explain how??
in camera? in sound? in durability? in screen? in beauty? or maybe in water resistance??
the only thing which is better in N3 is the bezel and of course its not important and it may cause some problems as well.
so, how is Note3 better than this one?
too many question marks!!
80. xtian1103 (Posts: 352; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
the thing that's going to make the note 3 better is.... marketing!
74. james004 (limited) (Posts: 410; Member since: 15 May 2013)
dont be so closed mind.
specs wise these 2 phones will be exactly same, only difference is the screen and camera, which we will only know from review if sony 20mp with one of best p&s camera imagine processor is better or not.
samsung will give option of replaceable battery. which is surely awesome.
samsung weakest point is same old design. and sony weakest point is 5' inch phone in 6' phone body.
make your call. i had gs3 so i dont want to get phone which will look same as my 2 year old phone. so im going with sony.
87. ashdch99 (Posts: 14; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Note 3 is a phablet category device, so you just cannot compare this with note 3, so cut the differentiation crap of this device with note 3....
2. tech-head (Posts: 132; Member since: 02 Sep 2011)
Thats one beautiful phone. Anybody know if this phone will get released in all regions? This phone needs some USA(AT&T) lovin'
44. Commentator (Posts: 2096; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Hopefully "One Sony" means they're trying their hardest to get it everywhere.
4. PunyPoop (Posts: 571; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Open headset jack for a water resistant phone! WOW!!
5. anleoflippy (Posts: 215; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
It's the same as the Z Ultra and S4 Active.
6. amilcarmz86 (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
And this is what i call a gorgeus phone!!
7. Kurai (unregistered)
Very beautiful. And guess what, it's made of carbon fiber and it will use Asashi's dragon trail glass !
11. PunyPoop (Posts: 571; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
The screen is just awesome! No more screamin' fanboys "SONY display sucks, etc.." Now they will scream "HUGE BEZEL".. Haters gonna hate indeed!
20. buccob (Posts: 978; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Im not a hater, I actually do not mind the viewing angles of older Sony's... My Acro S screen is great, but the bezels of this phone is a bigger concern than viewing angles.... at least in my opinion...
And if the Z1 Mini turn out to have a 4.3" screen or smaller (with on screen buttons) I will get this phone, but if the Mini have a bigger screen than that, I will definitely appreciate the smaller footprint
41. McLTE (Posts: 612; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Well it does have a huge bezel!
doesn't take a hater to see that. The rage right now is super thin bezels and phones that are coming out NOW and aren't keeping up with the thin bezel race, are just looking dated from the get go.
My initial look at this design is that it looks decent, I like the beveled edges on the glass, but WAAAAAY too much bezel.
I'll stick with the Note 3.
45. Commentator (Posts: 2096; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
"The rage right now is super thin bezels."
Thanks, LG marketing president McLTE! I'll get right on that!
46. Feanor (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
Sorry to rain on your parade but the screen here looks awesome because these samples are mock ups from China and the screen is obviously a print. The real model wouldn't have the model name written on the screen.
But if the screen proves as good as on the Z Ultra, I won't complain.
50. buccob (Posts: 978; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
You have a good eye there... I didn't notice the first time... but it makes sense, since it does not show any other screen, or any interaction even if the guys is touching it...
Anyway Triluminous does promises... so my complains wont be about the screen for sure... they will be in my comment down below
79. sapibuntinx (Posts: 50; Member since: 08 May 2013)
it's not about hating, just speaking the truth, Z1's bezels ruin it all... same with sung note 3, those ugly boring design is ruining everything... I don't understand why they always made half completed phone and release it to market....
82. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
please show me any other bezelless 5” phone with IP58, 1/2.3” camera sensor, big battery and stereo speaker in slim body!!!
Last time i check there is no other manufacturers can do a better job than Sony.
88. buccob (Posts: 978; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
You are correct Yudi... I know that the Z1 is designed the way it is for a reason... but the S4 Active has a smaller footprint...
And I know the camera on Z1 will be better, and it will have many other advantages but still, I would have like better a thicker phone but smaller bezels... kinda the way ZL is designed
89. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
S4 Active is taller, wider, thicker, and heavier than Xperia Z
Just like what i said before until this day there is no other manufacturers can do a better job than Sony.
let me ask you once again can you show me any 5” waterproof phones with bezelles body that good enough to compete with Xperia ZL.
You need to think rationaly and stop complaining about the bezels because Waterproofing, 1/2.3” camera sensor, bigger battery and speaker than Z is the reason why Z1 has bigger bezels.
90. buccob (Posts: 978; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
You are comparing the S4 Active to Z, I was comparing it to Z1... in terms of physical design.
And you are asking me to show you a waterproof phone that compete with Xperia ZL, even though the ZL is not waterproof...
I am thinking rationally, because even if I AM a Sony fan, I think they could have done a better design by just a little thicker but smaller footprint phone.
And again, I am not against your point of view... in fact I will get the Z1 as soon as I can... but it could have been better...
I dont want to sound repetitive but in my comment below I stated that the downsides for me in the Z1 design (beside bezel) were, the lack of stereo sound like HTC One... (in landscape) and the positioning of the microUSB port, making it unusable while docked....
Other than that I am drooling for this phone...
12. anleoflippy (Posts: 215; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Anticipating this more than the note III.
68. lalalaman (Posts: 221; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Sony from outside "make.believe"
From inside "revenge, revenge, revenge" of xperia z
14. ngyixian96 (Posts: 61; Member since: 05 Feb 2012)
ugly as hell , craftsmanship is suck
even the xperia z's craftsmanship is better than it
17. alexfiran (Posts: 40; Member since: 13 Jun 2013)
it's your taste and i'm not going to argue with you about it. but most people appreciate this design and this is the most important thing
18. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4697; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
How about you design your own phone then? Trust me, it will be uglier than the Galaxy S4.
26. mukmin01 (Posts: 4; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
i think he means beauty as heaven , craftsmanship is top
even the xperia z's craftsmanship is not better than it
don't get him wrong
28. ngyixian96 (Posts: 61; Member since: 05 Feb 2012)
Why i'm saying this because xperia z look flat and beauty when you look from any angle , but if you look at the top of the xperia z1(honami) you see a water resident headphone jack (a hole ) , a magnetic charging port ( a long hole ) at the left side and a long speaker ( long and lot of tiny holes ) at the bottom , it causes ugly to look from any angle
Anyway , it's just my own view to compare to xperia z
If it's not compare to xperia z , it still look gorgeous
34. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 748; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
So you want this phone to have coloured ports with neon lights to make it look less ugly?
36. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3450; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yeah he also wants it to make him breakfast & massage his feet.
47. Commentator (Posts: 2096; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Nah, he'd just rather have flimsy, breakable plastic flaps all over like a feature phone from 2004.
16. buccob (Posts: 978; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Definitely will get it... but design wise I agree that:
- bezels are big
- sound should have been truly stereo for landscape (putting another speaker next to mini jack plug).
- microUSB port should be in a different location than the same side of charging dock pins... So you can use both at the same time (usb OTG, MHL, etc...)
So yeah.... there is room for improvement
19. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4697; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
My next phone! Sony, you always make me believe.
67. lalalaman (Posts: 221; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
No its "bring it on sony" in ur case...lol
This phone is really the revenge of xperia z
30. Taters (Posts: 2144; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
It really should have been smaller than the Xperia Z all around instead of bigger. Both LG and Sony screwed up here on sizing. If either of these companies do the Nexus 5, let's hope that Google forces them to go smaller instead. Take out this 20 mp and waterproof nonsense if you have to.
49. Feanor (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
You are losing your credibility dude. Sony screwed up on sizing because of large bezels (forgetting that it packs double the technology of the Z, and it is also waterproof), LG screwed up on sizing because the bezels are... tiny? Or because it is slightly fatter? You know that it has an OIS camera, right? Wanna make up your mind? Or is the S4 ideal because it packs smaller screen within same dimensions with the G2, or because it's a few mm smaller than the Z1 but lacking it's camera technology, speaker and water resistance?
31. bodzio1809 (Posts: 40; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
It should be named Sony BeZelia Z1. I hope there will be ZL version.
33. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
this looks more and much elegant then xperia z
this is real Craftmanship
sony always best in Design
Black is almost sexy
and white jaw dropping
just few days to go for xperia Z1 (HONAMI)
35. persikon (Posts: 28; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
No removable battery... Sometimes I ask myself: Am I the only only carrying 4 spare batteries. :-P