More Samsung Galaxy S III rumors: colors, casing, processor and the Olympics?
0. phoneArena posted on 16 Apr 2012, 16:38
Just in case you weren't sick of Samsung Galaxy S III rumors just yet, we have a bunch more for you. Of course, if you are sick of the rumors, well, why are you even reading this story in the first place? That just...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 16 Apr 2012, 16:46 11 14
1080p seems likely, awesome!
I want no more than 4.5in screen tho, 4.7 is too big.
I hope Samsung can really outshine Apple with the new Exynos.
oh, and FIRST by the way...
5. Commentator posted on 16 Apr 2012, 16:50 13 3
I'm pretty sure 1080p is a typo, as it doesn't seem likely at all. That would mean 489 PPI, which is over a hundred more than the current leader, the Xperia S. This would be an absolutely pointless use of resources, as the human eye can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p at that size.
12. lukasound posted on 16 Apr 2012, 17:40 2 2
I agree, 1080 would be a really dumb move.
Well, maybe if it's a bendable screen that you can pull out from the phone to get something like 7" and a widescreen full hd :)
18. cheetah2k posted on 16 Apr 2012, 19:44 1 5
First to call you a w4nker.. 1080p, you're dreaming
21. vishu9 posted on 16 Apr 2012, 23:00 6 4
Firstly, Apple has already been outshined by Sammy!
For me personally though, the announcement of GS3 will be bigger than the Olympics itself! ;)
2. rg987 posted on 16 Apr 2012, 16:46 8 4
i dont think that THE S3 is gonna feature a 1080p screen, it would be a 720p true RGB matrix screen i.e. the HD SUPER AMOLED plus screen. nothing else than that
4. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 16 Apr 2012, 16:47 7 1
Just be wishful, this will outshine those iPhone lovers on the screen.
10. Commentator posted on 16 Apr 2012, 17:07 8 1
That's a given at either 720p or 1080p. It'll be amazing.
6. Commentator posted on 16 Apr 2012, 16:51 5 2
The good thing is it might give me a reason to hesitate on pre-ordering the Evo 4G LTE on the 7th.
35. Orbitman posted on 17 Apr 2012, 16:00 0 0
agreed! it'll be a hard choice, especially if the SGSIII comes out late for the US like the SGSII
7. tward291 posted on 16 Apr 2012, 16:59 7 1
i hope it comes with a good battery nice to have those treats but pointlless if you can only enjoy them with 4 hours of battery life
9. azri05 (unregistered) posted on 16 Apr 2012, 17:02 3 6
1080p?? I just jizzed.
11. Commentator posted on 16 Apr 2012, 17:11 3 1
I hope Samsung makes good on its word to bring it to all American carriers promptly, or I might have to settle for something less (read: Evo 4G LTE). I know "good things come to those who wait" and all, but as my profile image can attest to, I REALLY am in need of a new phone...
17. willardcw4 posted on 16 Apr 2012, 19:23 1 1
I'll put $5 on July / August release in the US... a tad earlier or the same as last year's release.
13. WakaFlakaD posted on 16 Apr 2012, 17:53 2 3
Please provide us a camera that is identical to the Nokia N8 please!!
Rather it's gonna be a quad-core or a faster clock speed dual-core..LTE or not....... 720p or not.....lighter or not.......
14. christianqwerty posted on 16 Apr 2012, 19:08 5 1
I hope Samsung uses premium products on the aesthetics. It will have amazing insides , but hopefully a great outside aswel.l A little less plastic and a little more metal.
37. xtian1103 posted on 20 Apr 2012, 00:09 0 0
i also hope so. the last metal samsung phone that i owned is the V100 (2001)
15. willardcw4 posted on 16 Apr 2012, 19:20 2 2
If it was 1080p I doubt it would be non-pentile. I'd be happy with a shmancy 720p non-pentile display! Don't think there will be anything truly 'revolutionary' with this phone aside from the quad core proc + LTE. Hope I'm mistaken, of course!
16. protozeloz posted on 16 Apr 2012, 19:22 3 5
If they gonna keep the stupid button they should at least give it something extra to do
19. geoffers247 posted on 16 Apr 2012, 22:54 1 1
Guy pulls out SGSIII says "It's got full HD and I'm only paying $5 extra"
Other Guys pulls out 720p phone "I can't tell the difference"
Have to pay a bit of respect to Samsung though if they can pull off a 1080p screen on a device that small.
29. TROLL posted on 17 Apr 2012, 05:46 2 0
Its all about power push the limits....
Eaxvac loves his vauxhall 1.6 corsa....
We android roll on the V8s 4.0
20. eaxvac posted on 16 Apr 2012, 23:00 2 9
Whenever something is successful, Samsuck copies.
2011 : White iPhone is released, at the same year white Samsunk galaxy s2 clone
2012 : White, Cyan, Magenta Nokia Lumia is released. Now samsuck is copying yet again. Typical koreans.
23. geoffers247 posted on 16 Apr 2012, 23:13 1 0
Thats funny because your Samsuck supplies 25% of the parts in the Iphone 4....
28. TROLL posted on 17 Apr 2012, 05:43 1 0
u uneducated uncivalized brainwashed iJedi!!!!!!
Ur doooooomed apple has taken over ur life
stupid hipster..... samsung had white phones befor apple
even made phone u dopey....
26. MiQr89 posted on 17 Apr 2012, 02:34 1 1
Gl putting 1080p AMOLED ;p its physically impossible to make such small pixels. Most possible is 720p without pentile.
33. rockstarlive posted on 17 Apr 2012, 07:20 0 0
Nah...display is gonna be 1560p. Never seen before.
36. rg987 posted on 18 Apr 2012, 16:54 0 0
those lacs of pixels will also ask for food, and Samsung has to make the phone slim too so the firm is not gonna put a 3000 mAh battery, so Samsung is never gonna put a 1080p on any of its 2012 phones, therefore it would definitely be a 720p super amoled plus display all the way