More OnePlus One camera and feature samples appear, photos get compared with the 20 MP Xperia Z1
0. phoneArena 09 May 2014, 07:51 posted on
If you have been curious how the Sony Exmor RS IMX124 sensor behaves itself, or how the new Cyanogen 11S overlay performs, look no further than the slideshow inside. There are video demos of the most important features on the phone, as well as plenty of camera samples, including low-light, indoor, macro and 4K footage, so dig in, and tell us what you think about the OnePlus One afterwards...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. dontneedtoknow (Posts: 158; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
The first z1 sample looks absolutely amazing!
2. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4839; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
That was what I was going to say.
+1 to the good eye
9. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
OneplusOne is better than z1, simply awesome... z1 is blown miles away.. kudos to oneplusone
24. dontneedtoknow (Posts: 158; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
The first one looks better on z1.. I don't see any other comparisons!
34. apexKBC (Posts: 92; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
No regret's both are awesome
By the way Oneplus one uses Sony's sensor!!!
Now troll hatersssssssssss...
36. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
It's more to do with what it was shooting rather than the camera used though. I bet any camera could've captured the image the way the Z1 did.
38. sergiobr (Posts: 709; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
That´s for real ... low light, night
32. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
But the oppo7 has better materials
4. Kuroki (Posts: 88; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
Hold your horses people. The forum or this article didn't mention what firmware xperia z1 is running on.
11. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
PlzzzzZ, dont try to search excuses for z1 that forum didnt mentioned this, forum didnt mentioned that... just accept the fact that z1 is completely blown miles away
14. Kuroki (Posts: 88; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
fact? where's the fact here? they just compared 2 pictures...
28. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Ok, then go and talk with cats and dogs, what you are doing here?
23. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
why are you so excited?! chill down
5. mayur007 (Posts: 565; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
What 4k on a 300$ phone ?? Thats amazing ... :)
I want one 1
6. techperson211 (Posts: 1230; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
That's right they didn't mention what firmware z1 is running. But still it's a good camera as well, given it's a Sony .
12. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
What good???? The phone which is less than half of z1's launching price, performing almost equal... ins't it a shame for z1 or sony?
15. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Given that, they are also using sony's sensor which is less powerful than the one used in z1... so does it mean sony only knows how to manufacture a good sensor but dont know how to utilize it optimally?
8. f35hunter (Posts: 233; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
the OPO photos looks great and awesome thanks to the excellent optimization between the software and the hardware of the camera just i hope that sony learns this and makes good software for there smartphones
10. sip1995 (Posts: 1575; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
They are afraid to compare it with the Nokia Lumia 1020.
13. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
No one is affraid, oneplusone is not their father's company... grow up kid and post something reasonable... nokia is another plateform... it is better to compare an android device with an android device
16. sip1995 (Posts: 1575; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
You see, the quality in photos depends not only to the camera and the technology (pure view, g-lens) but depends from camera algorithms too.
20. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Absolutely! You are right... algotithm is very important. this is the reason, many companies uses sony's sensor and usually out perform sony or atleast performing close with using less power version of sensor, even when sony uses higher mega pixels or larger sensor
18. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
typical fanboy comment
19. sergiobr (Posts: 709; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Go back to your wp ! And by th way , try something like Sony RX100 with a real smartphone (Note 3) or other Android and compare your old life with 1020. R.I.P. Nokia. No wp ! Apple got it ... "Ari Partinen has just announced that he's leaving the Finnish company for the Cupertino giant."
25. sip1995 (Posts: 1575; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
hahaha....all pure view technology and patents belongs to NOKIA, apple CAN'T use the same camera technology that Nokia uses in the Lumia phones...cuz if they do this the Microsoft (that took some patents from Nokia including pure view) and Nokia will sue Apple .
27. sergiobr (Posts: 709; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Just wait and see ! By the way , did you try the RX100 ??? You´ll throw your 1020 away, used one by $350.
29. sip1995 (Posts: 1575; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Actually I don't own the Lumia 1020, I got the Nokia Lumia 920 and I'll take the Lumia 930 in October.
33. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I've course the PureView would be much better cause CarlZeiss optics and optical zoom
22. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Awesome pics!!! that #1 image by z1 was just breathe-taking.
26. Astoni (Posts: 649; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
This is BS.. Since kitkat the z1 got a huge improvment in the camera deparment BUT! the biggest problem it has is Macro shots. It can't focus on thing that are about a Fingers length away without getting blurr. So if the first pic isnt zoomed in its utterly BS.
30. rangoj (Posts: 46; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)
I am disappointed with the night and low light images. Macro and daily shots are great!