More Nexus 5 images appear, this time from Russia
0. phoneArena 14 Oct 2013, 11:26 posted on
It seems like more and more people around the world are getting their hands on prototype/pre-release versions of the upcoming Google Nexus 5, but we still have no idea when the device will be officially announced, and we also don't know when it will be released. This new set of pics comes all the way from Russia, where someone has the Nexus 5 and took a few shots of the outside for us...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. improv (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
The anticipation gives me a mini-adrenalish rush.
2. Tommy1960i (Posts: 105; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
From where do they have early acces to phone?
11. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Maybe Google send out sample devices for Google offices or resellers and workers leaked it (just an assumption).
4. Rongocook (Posts: 76; Member since: 20 Sep 2013)
My brother from another mother has the nexus 5! Above showing off.
6. Gulenkov (Posts: 49; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Amazing design! Looks exactly like the new Nexus 7. But, i'm a happy owner of Nexus 4 and i don't want to chang eit even for Nexus 5))
12. imkyle (Posts: 1039; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
My Nexus 4 still has plenty of fight left in it. I just want 4.4 badly.
7. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
That is one niceeeeee phone.....it mine hands off b!tches!!!!
8. Taters (Posts: 3878; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Nexus 7 2013 had a cheap logo too that is apparently just a sticker. This is probably the same so better put a case on this sticker asap.
10. blazee (Posts: 342; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
I have a nexus 7 2013 and the logo is not a sticker
22. Owlet (Posts: 447; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
Mine is not a sticker. You can feel indentation and you definitely can't peel it! :)
26. Taters (Posts: 3878; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
There is an indentation but their might be a sticker in that indentation. I haven't tried to peel it off just in case it is a sticker but I am positive that just an indentation doesn't leave gunk that you can't clean with a micro fiber cloth or a lens blower. Something is sticking there. Looks like a sticker starting to her dirty.
28. Owlet (Posts: 447; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
Sorry you experience such problems. Obviously, myself and other people here were lucky enough to get a non-stickered Nexus.
9. ryshard84 (Posts: 5; Member since: 12 Sep 2013)
If sombody got Nexus 5 with android 4.4 on board why those people always do the photos which not showing anything we already know ? Why dont make a video insted off few photos ? Or that french guy showing his prototype of nexus 5 ok he shows the phone but all the rest was poor turning on apps what everybody got on theirs phones right now ! WTF O think the best what we can do just wait :-( Thanks google for leting us know about realse date
13. Quito92 (Posts: 6; Member since: 14 Oct 2013)
Dumb question...how does one go about getting alerts from google for the announcement of the nexus 5? i mean does google send out notifications when they launch a new prouct or do i need to sign up somewhere lol..
14. Kitkat_4.4 (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
The charger doesn't look like that of nexus 4 or any kind of that :P is he using some old nokia's xpress music charger?
15. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
That' it releaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase it.... imma go zoidberg on you brwarghlbrlbrhlbrhlr
16. Android4Ever (Posts: 86; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Why couldn't this dude wipe the the Egg Foo young sauce and what not off the phone before taking the pics?
17. Darth_Muffin (Posts: 18; Member since: 06 Oct 2013)
I have had enough! Everybody stand back... I'm going to use my powers of the DARK SIDE to convince Google to release the new Nexus 5 (or 4?) now.
(In Darth Vaders voice) - Google... I am your father... :D...
33. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 715; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
LOL... That insane but great one.. I hope Google listens 2 u
18. Taters (Posts: 3878; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Here is the article that shows that the logo are stickers, at least in my first batch.
To the people that say that theirs is not a sticker 100% positive? Because mine has some gunk in the logo that I will pick out if it's not a sticker. If it is, I'll just leave it.
25. Taters (Posts: 3878; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Um it's not. From Staples. And the proof is in that link that these logo problems exist....
Just because you are too retarded to notice problems on HTC and non HTC devices it doesn't mean observant people like myself doesn't notice them....
29. Owlet (Posts: 447; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
Yeah, it just might be because I'm retarded.... That's very smart of you, and very nice, too....
19. jimv1983 (Posts: 22; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
We should get use to seeing it plugged in because it will have to be on the charger A LOT. Battery life is going to SUCK!
24. iliketech (Posts: 55; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
I don't know about you but - that is one ugly phone!
I have bought the other Nexus phones and wish I had the Nexus 4 back...
I'm sticking with Samsung Galaxy S4 Google play edition...
But, Hey Google - what about looks? You're not serious that this is the final product are you?
31. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
i think the phone looks sleek in black the only thing i dont get is circle callspeaker