More Android 4.4 KitKat and Google Nexus 5 info seeps through the leaked log
0. phoneArena 02 Oct 2013, 01:50 posted on
Most default apps are listed with newer versions than the ones currently in play on your Android device, with the biggest jumps going to the email (4.1 to 6.0), authenticator and clock applications...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ocilfa (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Wow, that's a long sentence at the end. Crazy excited for this phone though.
2. MachDaddy (Posts: 33; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
if it is the 8MP rear camera, i sure hope there is real OIS and not just some kind of algorithm.
3. D.Aceveda (Posts: 366; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
With the lens being a big as it is on the Nexus 5, I'm sure they're sporting some kind of awesome camera which is probably 13mp since it will be a flagship competitor
14. haroonazeem638 (Posts: 129; Member since: 29 Mar 2011)
It just looks big. It's not really that big. For comparison, look at the Nexus 7's 5mp camera.
4. imith (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Damn excited fo nexus 5, intact more than s4 nd iphone 5s announcement
5. haneef4u (Posts: 18; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
I am expecting a huge update for the stock email app; much like iOS offerings.
7. harigrg33 (Posts: 164; Member since: 20 May 2013)
I am so much excited abt nexus 5 release... hope google will give us the reason to buy this one like a hot cake...
8. byazatt (Posts: 159; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
read somewhere that kitKat will only support 64 bit processor.. how valid is in relation to this Nexus 5? last time I checked, Nexus has never been about bleeding edge specs.
11. jove39 (Posts: 1330; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
" kitKat will only support 64 bit processor.."
Replace only in sentence with also :)
15. PK1983 (Posts: 195; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
That would make no sense to leave hundreds of devices including the current flagships with no chance for updates past 4.3. I don't know who is dumber the person starting that rumor or the person believing it.
9. alipashang77 (Posts: 12; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
So they are bringing the USB OTG back on nexus 5, what about nexus 4????????
Its really annoying....
10. Sakeem (Posts: 304; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Cant wait. Will switch carriers if I have to.
12. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 397; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Bring it to Verizon and allow me to buy it off contract for the play store price and I'm sold.
16. JC557 (Posts: 1164; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I'd be getting one as well if that happens.
Also, I kinda want some Kit-Kat bars... if they're Android shaped all the better.
18. Zero0 (Posts: 583; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Good luck doing that on Verizon.
If you get it, expect to pay in excess of $600 off-contract. Verizon dictates what phones use its network. Once VoLTE comes out, it should work as long as you have an extra SIM.
17. JC557 (Posts: 1164; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Actually, will there be some kind of limited edition Kit Kat bars in that Android shape? That would be fun to buy and eat.
*Google has answered my question and it's a YES but as prizes... aww