Monsters from Asia: the outstanding, metal IUNI U3
0. phoneArena 26 Aug 2014, 08:23 posted on
With some rare exceptions, most of the device we've chosen to highlight so far in our fortnightly Monsters from Asia column happen to be fairly well-known, at least in those parts of the globe. Today, however, on the heels of its official announcement, we decided that the all-new IUNI U3 deserves a place in our little hall of fame, pronto...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
I'll take the green one. Too bad it doesn't come to this part of Asia:(
30. Ashoaib (Posts: 3124; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
this is a new brand... didnt heard about it before on PA
43. Leslievonlee (Posts: 5; Member since: 23 Jan 2015)
efox has the green version in stock and i just got mine from there~!!!!! efox-shop.com/iuni-u3-qualcomm-snapdragon-801-23ghz-quad-core-55-zoll-ips-qhd-2560-1440-bildschirm-android-44-l-g-295522
2. aranauser (Posts: 58; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Real monster from asia is only XIAOMI.This company is bound to dethrone Sammy
38. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
karbonn sucks. its like cherry moblie (coz it is)
41. JJOPQ (Posts: 55; Member since: 15 Nov 2014)
i think that there are no big different between MX4 and MX 4 pro...
on the contray,, i prefer the MX 4..cause the MX 4 pro shouldnt be so expensive
42. JJOPQ (Posts: 55; Member since: 15 Nov 2014)
6. realjjj (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
Nothing stops you from buying it online but there is a bit of a premium . Should be some 400$ soon and drop bellow as it becomes mor eavailable.
19. ikenvape (Posts: 161; Member since: 28 May 2014)
I believe the lack of LTE would be what's stopping the US to pay the premiums for these amazing devices.
25. newuser1 (Posts: 149; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
Yep. But one of the phones in market has bands fit all countries.
5. csoulr666 (Posts: 111; Member since: 04 Nov 2013)
The only thing I didn't like in the U2 was the inclusion of capacitive buttons, the U3 cleared that. Now I'd like this
7. Wiencon (Posts: 1279; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
Looks amazing. I just wish they start making compact versions of their phones (I mean all Chinese brands), 5.5 looks like standard there and I can't understand why such small people with small hands love big phones.
44. jalebi2000 (Posts: 132; Member since: 01 Mar 2015)
there is a compact version with a 5.2 inch 1080p display, and 16 gb storage and 2 gigs of ram with snapdragon 801
8. pavsidhu (Posts: 214; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Nice specs, it would be nice to see a Snapdragon 805 to work well with the qHD display
20. NexusX (Posts: 416; Member since: 16 May 2013)
i don't understand why they can't settle with a 1080p instead
33. Paximos (Posts: 152; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
There is always one with more expectations!!...sigh
16. vipervoid123 (Posts: 163; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Come on, Sony Camera Sensor is the best ~
Does Samsung ISOCELL Sensor good ?
Even Samsung have great software team to optimize it, it barely better than the picture captured by Samsung Galaxy S4 which use Sony camera sensor ~
Even LG G3 and Apple Iphone 5S and upcoming Iphone 6 probably using the Sony camera sensor.
Sony got the best camera sensor for smartphone, just Sony software lack behind in optimizing the camera software for better picture ~
11. Settings (Posts: 1354; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
In the Philippines, local and Asian brands are emerging quite well. Some of them offer low cost phones (questionable quality) and some above par with decent specs. All of it are on low prices. Cherry Mobile, MyPhone, O+, Torque, Cloudfone, Kata and SKK to name a few.
12. Webmutation (Posts: 6; Member since: 14 Aug 2014)
Mind BLOWN!!! I have my MI3W, and already gave away 2 Invites for the OnePlusOne but as soon as I can get my hands on this Ill buy this one, best phone for money, perfect size for me, and perfect with Dual Sim Dual Active. The only improvement would perhaps be front speaker like the M8 but other than that, just AMAZING... the only downside is the ROM, I doubt they will release the kernel so people can port CM to this. But if they give us an English version of their ROM I'm ok with that too.
13. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3690; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Mind blowing specs, design and price. Hope this phone settles unlike OneMinus One.
And that GIRL is very very BEAUTIFUL. :)
All over stunning.
What company name suggests IUNI (I You And I).
15. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Seems they know where the ultra pixel belongs, for low light selfies.
Nice piece of kit, well done.
22. darkskoliro (Posts: 1066; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Holy crap i need this phone! Totally nailed it with 4up ff camera ;) What ive been talking about forever!
27. vishaldoley (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Aug 2014)
F*****g awesome....hope they start selling in India too....Xiaomi is already here....hope they come too....
29. JC557 (Posts: 1286; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Now I can have relatively clear low-light selfies.. I guess if you wanna do a video call in odd hours of the morning it would be good. If they maintain the wide angle view of the UP camera then huge group selfies at night parties are possible.
I guess I'll be checking out the import shop near me to see when they'll get the phone in... I guess living in NYC has its benefits.
31. mike2959 (Posts: 497; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Most of these phones will only work on 2G in the US, 3G with luck, LTE very rare..
34. Paximos (Posts: 152; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
I wouldn't trust any phone coming out of China but do hope this phone beats the crap out of OnePlus One!!!
37. prima.king (Posts: 5; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
still not smartphones with MTK6795 or MTK6595 ?