Monsters from Asia: the extraordinarily-compact Sharp SH-04F Aquos flagship
Sharp SH-04F Aquos
26 August Monsters from Asia: the outstanding, metal IUNI U3
17 August Monsters from Asia: the metal giant Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro (K920)
1 August Monsters from Asia: the ultra-thin but mighty Huawei Honor 6
16 July Monsters from Asia: the amazing ZTE Nubia Z7
3 July Monsters from Asia: the extraordinarily-compact Sharp SH-04F Aquos flagship
8. phones522 (Posts: 92; Member since: 27 Jan 2010)
HTC should take a look at the top and bottom bezels.
24. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4054; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Samsung should look at the quality materials.
15. refillable (Posts: 602; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Yeah, while Sony might look to have more bezels, the M8 still happens to be worse in the screen to phone ratio and the M8 has a much more 'unbalanced' bezel design, and thus I conclude that HTC was actually going behind in terms of design in their flagship smartphone by the the time that the first alleged pictures came out.
25. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4054; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Especially the curved unbalanced rear, which is irratinti g when you try to text and dial numbers.
29. refillable (Posts: 602; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Plus the slippery build, Ergonomics seems to be worst in flagship terms.
12. kobainez (Posts: 302; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I hate reading stupid comments from people who doesnt know anything about tech. The reason why z2 have big bezes is because z2 has the biggest camera sensor on android and it has dual stereo speakers. Sharp has a smaller camera sensor and no stereo speakers thats why its small
21. Genza (Posts: 115; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)
I guess you do not need to be too offended when
someone mocked the bezels on the Xperia Z2 because
1. The bezels on M8 is still bigger than the Z2.
2. As far as i know Xperia Z2 has one of the best screen ratio among a smartphones with front facing stereo speakers + The Z2 also has the highest water resistant among 2014 flagships from major brand.
3. The differences between Z2 and S5 screen ratio is only 0.something % even though the Z2 has bigger sensor, battery, stereo speakers and metal construction (if i'm not mistaken LG said thanks to plastic they can makes the bezels a lot thinner than metal phones). So in my opinion the Z2 is better than S5.
4. Sharp is not only beat Sony when it comes to screen ratio but also put LG to shame because AFAIK from all major brand LG is the only one bragging about their thin bezels.
5. Please just accept it! that Sharp is better than Sony, i also believe even if they put 1/2.3" sensor and stereo speakers Sharp will do a better job than Sony at least for now.
20. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6249; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Think Apple should took a look at those bezels. Sony also makes thinner bezels.
30. Af1rPA (Posts: 15; Member since: 12 Jun 2014)
The Z2 and S5 have the exact same sized horizontal bezels. I dont know why ppl keep bashing on Sony.
Look at the Phone Arena comparison of the Z2 and S5. There's an image of the 2 phones next to eachother and the distance from the edge of the screen to the outside of the phone are the same size.
If anything, HTC needs to "take a look at those "bezels""
6. andhraking17 (Posts: 34; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
normally i don't like smartphones with front camera at bottom, but this smartphone stole my heart.
7. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2503; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
OMG! SHARP! I want SHARP everything! AAAAA! GOTTA MOVE TO JAPAN
19. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6249; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Sharp Electronics of Japan makes TV'S in the u.s. But mobile phones and everything else in Japan.
14. kingEngine (Posts: 17; Member since: 05 Mar 2014)
Sharp showing how "sharp" they are. Hnng
16. vuyonc (Posts: 180; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
I'd fly over to Japan and buy it if it was given A BETTER NAME!
17. isprobi (Posts: 193; Member since: 30 May 2011)
The bezel is so small the thumb cannot totally fit when holding it in landscape mode. How is this a good thing? And the specs are nothing that cannot be found on most high end phones right now.
18. Zinop (Posts: 7; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
So yeah, Sharp... can you please release this beast onto the rest of the world?
Its basically the perfect phone spec wise imo. Wouldnt mind paying full price for this
22. a961009 (Posts: 114; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
Even though it is nice they will not release their phone in worldwide
26. k1ng617 (Posts: 242; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
That main article photo is fake and makes the bezels look smaller than they are. Compare it with picture #7 which is supposed to be the same on screen picture. Wow nice fake out there Sharp...
27. JDogg5281 (Posts: 56; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Wish some of these monsters would come across the Pacific Ocean
28. fzacek (Posts: 1420; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Looks very ugly when the top bezel is tiny and bottom one is of normal size. Top and bottom bezels need to be about the same size for a phone to look good...
32. marcski07 (Posts: 307; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
looks very fragile.. it's sure look good, but odd/weird, doesn't look like a phone, but like you're holding a mirror with thin frame, and if you drop it even on knee level, it'll crack....