Monsters from Asia: the IP57-certified Sharp Aquos Xx 302Sh, or the most compact full-fledged flagship in the world
0. phoneArena 07 Apr 2014, 06:27 posted on
A little over two weeks ago, we took our time to introduce you to yet another amazing smartphone assembled in the distant East -- the Sharp Aquos Mini SHL24 -- as part of our effort to highlight great tech manufactured in Asia. But instead of turning our gaze to another worthy manufacturer, we thought another of Sharp's smartphones deserved a special mention...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2023; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Now that's how you make a phone!!!! Goodbye bezels'
19. vincelongman (Posts: 2636; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Why almost no top bezel, then really fat bottom bezel (IMO it's more important that the bottom one is small as it makes the screen lower down, so you don't have to stench as much)
Also it would look much better if they were both small, instead of one tiny one fat
Good on them for making it only 132 x 70 mm, which is amazing for its 5.2" screen
33. TGreg104 (Posts: 38; Member since: 14 Jun 2011)
Its a design thing. Our eyes perceive things mounted or oriented higher to actually be in the center. Trust me, if it were switched, it would look weird AF to us.
31. shuaibhere (Posts: 1927; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Wow...I'm really amazed by this phone...other should learn from sharp how to make compact ip certified phone (say sony , samsung)....
37. Ashoaib (Posts: 2826; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Amazing phone, very simple and elegant design... should be launch internationally... it will kill all major flagships if marketed properly... sony learn something from your fellow country manufacturer like lg is learning from samsung. Sony, IP certification doesnt mean to add massive bezels
2. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3682; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Come on most smartphones are manufactured in Asia more accurately China. Also SK and Japan comes under Asia. So Lg, samsung and sony are from asia.
20. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1805; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I think when they are trying to say this phone isn't available in the Western countries. A lot of those phones don't make it outside of Asia.
27. Sealblaighter (Posts: 129; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
All the Sharp smart phones are MADE in JAPAN! :) You can buy Japanese phones if you visit kyoex.com
4. darkskoliro (Posts: 1058; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Im chucking money at my screen but nothings happening :(
7. ScottSchneider (Posts: 324; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Try chucking your screen with some coins... :P
5. ScottSchneider (Posts: 324; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Wow... Look at those bezels... Oh, My bad.. There ain't any...
6. Bridgep0rt (Posts: 37; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
Is that a Front facing camera on the front, on the bottom?
42. buccob (Posts: 2006; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
apparently volume buttons since there doesn't seem to be any on the sides
39. mariosraptor (Posts: 111; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
(waster- and dust-resistant)
please correct. is WATER
9. babalove (Posts: 23; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
Does this phone have a front facing camera?
10. marlboro (Posts: 94; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
sharp as SHARP! hmmm i'm wondering about ip6...
11. techperson211 (Posts: 996; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Lets see the review first. But I'm guessing these beast won't leave Japan . Most of the time sharp don't release phones internationally .
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9796; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Whaaatttttt..... 12MP selfie cam? Oh my.
14. troutsy (Posts: 288; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Looks nice, but like the LG G2 most won't consider buying it.
15. j-rod2079 (Posts: 24; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Softbank needs to bring this phone to Sprint customers in the U.S.!!!
16. mercorp (Posts: 992; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
If sharp dared to import these internationally,I'm sure they will strike gold..
As long as there is marketing budget,which I don't think they have.But Sony is the second-best brand to get japan's best tech..
17. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Used Sharp Sh-01D ....it sucked at battery life and overheated. Never buying from them again.
22. Chris.P (Posts: 387; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
That's like a 3 year old smartphone. Should probably wipe the slate clean? :)
26. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
I suppose so...they have made improvements. IGZO panel for that screen. That no bezel seems attractive.
23. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 480; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Don't be deceived by the images! The bottom bezel is clearly thick! It would be better if the top and bottom bezels are balanced.
28. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1038; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
I agree. I'd much rather have thick equal bezels than these
24. ryq24 (Posts: 593; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Sharp seems to make better looking phone than sony but ilike sony is not that good in terms of marketing that's why they are losing to samsung and lg!
30. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
misleading article...calling a 5.2 inch screen phone, a monster...see Coolpad 9976a if you want to see a monster...
34. Leonis (Posts: 337; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
This is the future tech of the western world. In about 2+ years will we be able to buy a phone that has 80% screen and is that small with ip 57!!!
35. mmmanuuu (Posts: 356; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
Shut the fu6k up and take my fu6king money !
36. jinxtabator (Posts: 20; Member since: 19 May 2013)
Japan you continue to break my tech heart with your perpetual teasing :'(
38. Finest (Posts: 88; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
Japan Man! At last the the war for compact and mini phones has ended.
40. djbuan (Posts: 5; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
I dont think the front cam is 12mp, I believe its only 1.2 MP.
41. Sealblaighter (Posts: 129; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
No, you don't know what Japanese people can do. :D