Monster quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064 chip first global appearance will be on an LG smartphone
0. phoneArena 23 Aug 2012, 02:31 posted on
Qualcomm’s Snapdragon S4 Pro, or the APQ8064, is a monster of a chip - it easily beats the Nvidia Tegra 3 on phones like the international HTC One X…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
21. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Unless it's the LG Nexus... :D
If not, then you can just use Nova Launcher.
But I really, REEEEEALLY hope that the mentioned device is the new LG Nexus.
24. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
LG's hardware is beyond good, but unless they focus to improve their software support, they wont be seeing that many cult following like the Galaxy series have.
3. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
LG? Really :/ :( why cant Sony put this into their upcoming flagships.. this would give S3 a tough competition!
8. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
I really want to see a Sony Xperia flagship with this CPU paired with 2 GB of RAM, Adreno 320, 720p screen with white magic, 2500mah battery, 13mega pixel camera and it will be a killer phone in market. Ill probably end up buying it too lol but LG ill pass.. since had problem with LG phones earlier...
25. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
With Sony's trend of hardware for thier phones, I could assume your wish could only come true come CES 2013. Yes it sucks to wait that long. . .
5. Suts_97 (Posts: 124; Member since: 05 May 2012)
The good part is, all the specs are awesome, the bad part is, it's an LG phone!
6. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1522; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I think there is a bit too much bashing on LG. I can happily admit that they are not the best ones with software updates, but let's wait and see what they bring before deciding if the phone is good or not.
(And not, I was not the one giving thumbs down to all the LG bashers)
22. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I just hate LG's custom UI. The only UI that I really like is Blur. The new TouchWiz is pretty cool, too.
7. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
wow super.... cant wait for s4 goodness on all platform... WP8 and BB10 too!!!
13. maryaaadil (Posts: 146; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
What about S4 Pro on Nokia, with 720p screen(nokia clear black display), pureview n wp8
51. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Any idea if Nokia will use custom made chipsets for flagship devices?
9. redmd (Posts: 1269; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
This will beat the Exynos 4 quad definitely. Samsung will make it's revenge with the Exynos 5.
10. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
In your faces, Remixfa and Kingkurogii.
"Quadcore s4 global availability - q2-q4 2013" - Remixfa
Finally got through your head how much of an ignorant fool you are regarding these matters?
28. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
darac, I know remixfa & kingkurogii are both wrong, but we don't have to call people names. lol
remixfa was only citing what WAS put out in certain cites. Qualcomm changed its course of action & released these monster chips sooner than their own timelines suggested. I think you & I were the only ones who knew the quad-core S4 Pro would be out globally BEFORE Q4.
Well remixfa I guess we were right in our timelines. This quad-core S4 Pro looks to make it to the U.S. BEFORE your Exynos 5 & your OMAP 5. So let’s say this quad-core S4 Pro is @ a modest 1.7GHz (they are talking 2.5GHz) then it will indeed be just as powerful as your Exynos 5 or OMAP 5. I am willing to say EVEN more powerful.
Remember I was telling you that Qualcomm was WAY ahead in terms of development compared to Samsung's Exynos 5 & Texas Instruments OMAP 5? 2012 the year the sleeping giant Qualcomm woke up & literally took the market to be TOP in the world in terms of PURE power, performance & overall usability. I guarantee this wave will keep going in 2013.
I always knew this was going to happen. I can admit the last 2 years or so Qualcomm got caught sleeping but that rude awakening was what they needed to produce the wonderfully versatile & VERY powerful Krait S4 dual, & quad-core Pro SoC's.
30. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you guys are hilarious. There isnt a single thing here that says definitively that the phone is happening soon. That whole last bit is pure speculation on the part of the writer. You should have learned by now to not celebrate until something actually happens. When LG publishes and OFFICIAL launch date you can get happy. When they actually deliver on that launch date, then we can talk about who was right or wrong. Dont put your cart before the horse. Do you need to be reminded of how many phones were pushed back from advertised launch dates... much less how often speculated/rumored launch dates are WRONG??? seriously?
The benchmark ranking should be like this when its all said and done
E5 quad >Pro quad >/= E5> Pro> E4 quad.
and no one "knows" anything. We are all just making our best guess from the information available... unless you have secret sources you would like to share with the group.
Darac, grow up, seriously.
33. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Hey a little blue bird told me!!! lol
37. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Man HOW DID YOU KNOW? I have to believe him because that bat HURTS! lol
46. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
No he is Mordecai from Regular Show. lol
47. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
ahh.. im old, i have no idea what that is.. lol. you youngins! lolol
50. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
OLD?!? If 33 is a youngin then THANKS!!!
ARE you older than 36? No way!
54. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
no, im 33 as well. lol I always thought you were in your 20s. :)
56. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Ok that was what I thought. I think we may have had this discussion long ago.
1979! Baby. We were born when disco was king. lol
57. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
when micheal jackson was a young handsome normal looking black man kids were allowed to look up to!
15. jove39 (Posts: 1875; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
are you sure? First Exynos5 will land with is 2core + mali-6x gpu.