Monkeying around with the Nokia Lumia 800
0. phoneArena 25 Aug 2013, 15:17 posted on
No, this is not a promotion put together by Nokia, although it easily could have been one; visitors to the Helsinki Zonn in Finland were greeted on Saturday by the sight of a male primate playing around with a pink Nokia Lumia 800. Some observers thought that the phone, which was dropped by a tourist, was part of the exhibit. The head of the tribe took control of the phone, refusing to allow zookeepers to retrieve it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Even a Monkey is smart enough to understand that Lumia smartphones take great pictures, and are a million times more secure than Android devices...
21. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
TBH the lumia 800 was a load of pants and because it is permanently stuck on an older version of the OS. Sorry but the monkey can keep that pile of dung. The Bandit and 1020 however and that'd be a different story and may be a case of having to be arrested for animal cruelty.
22. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
sure.. lumia is for monkeys...and urban monkeys...
26. ShenAlJoker (Posts: 112; Member since: 19 Jul 2013)
And what type of a monkey are you??????????? ( jelly monkey bean or imonkey )
35. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
Am the latest evolution of monkey family... called "Humans"... oh ya i hate WP/ Win 8...
28. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Oh look...an Android loving ape calling me a Chimp! It takes one to know one, but at least this primate doesn't have to worry about master-key trojans, and other viri that plague Google's Linux derivative.
2. Kreft (Posts: 84; Member since: 27 Dec 2012)
I think I'm colorblind. That doesn't look pink.
29. lalalaman (Posts: 375; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
magneta it is....
PA is always wrong somewhere
5. Taters (Posts: 3537; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
So that is how bad lumia phones are. People don't even report when they are lost.
8. Credo (Posts: 695; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Lol another stupid reason to criticize Windows Phone
10. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3024; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
That's how you see it?
I see it like this...Lumias are so durable the owner is not worried even when a monkey is holding it.
Your name should be "Haters" not "Taters".
15. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Tell me,, just how bad is my Nokia Lumia 920 compared to whatever crappy device you use.. ❔❔❔
25. Taters (Posts: 3537; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I wouldn't go around calling other phones crappy when you have the biggest brick in the world. Especially since the top creaks and collects dust in the FFC area and the daylight pictures are worse than other competitors despite supposedly having great build quality and a great camera.
The Lumia 920 was the definition of fail.
32. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
OH MY GOD THE TOP CREAKS AND COLLECTS DUST!! WORST PHONE EVER! It doesnt matter if it does everything else perfectly fine! (no points for spotting sarcasm)
14. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
What kind of device do you use❔ I'll tell you how yours is peanuts compared to my 920.. And don't punk out on me.. Tell me what kind of device, or I'm going to assume you're device is just some crappy iDroid disposable toy.. ❔❔❔
20. AfterShock (Posts: 2905; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I've an old phone, it doesn't rate really.
But if it was knocked from my hand into McDonald's toy ball pit, at least I could spot it right away unlike some others.
Relax I respect Nokia, but with wp, they go for peanuts.
13. Bernoulli (Posts: 1506; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
It might be an n9, how can they tell the difference if the battery has run out?
17. Credo (Posts: 695; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
it's an Lumia 800 for sure, the N9's flash is not where you see it in the picture above :)
18. Credo (Posts: 695; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Looool because Samsung's plastic is not so durable !!! :o Not sure if u use Samsung but just saying :p
38. Bernoulli (Posts: 1506; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Correct yourself! It's not Samsung, it's Samsuck!
23. Bernoulli (Posts: 1506; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Not just monkeys, but also the higher class, most of my wealthy friends whose parents are lawyers and doctors prefer a lumia, I too have my lumia but I'm not rich
33. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
speaking of android 18 and monkeys reminds me of DBZ. Nokia phones are probably the only phones that can survive being used by Saiyans. lol
37. Bernoulli (Posts: 1506; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
^^ this, +9000, not even a genki dama will be a match to a Nokia handset, which reminds me, the thing vegeta used to call his space ship looks like a Nokia e series that went through weight reduction
39. Bernoulli (Posts: 1506; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Yup, and just like in the series I did the #smartswitch away from android, why do you think I went for a non android? They're so complicated
27. mafflambo (Posts: 17; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
some Nokia fans here seem to be offended by this pics :)
31. UdhaiyaPrasanth (Posts: 72; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Still a better love story than Twilight... :D Lol just saying!