Mock-up of Apple's rumored iPhone phablet shows a taller device than the Samsung Galaxy Note 3
0. phoneArena 18 Jun 2014, 04:30 posted on
Those infamous Apple iPhone 6 dummy models were put to work on Tuesday, starring in a video. The mockups are used by case manufacturers to help them design cases for the next iterations of Apple's iconic smartphone. The size of the cases, and the shape of any cutouts, has to match the design on the real iPhones. Therefore, these non functioning "dummy" units are our best bet for now, in figuring out how the new iPhone models size up to the competition...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
13. amiaq (Posts: 503; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Finally I can use an iphone as a stylus for the ever enlarging Notes series.
15. amats69 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Used the iphone 10 as a sword and partnered it with the galaxy note 10 as a shield! Perfect combo! Lol
8. hipnotika (Posts: 353; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
But apple don't make 213124 models in a year !!
10. Diezparda (Posts: 732; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
they just release few models a year, i expect something more from them, like more beautiful for example?? more specs??
4. mistertimi (Posts: 77; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Add side-by-side multitasking like LG or Samsung, and I'll seriously consider the 4.7" after years on Android. Nothing against Android, but it might as well still be 4.1 since everything else since then has been under the hood changes. All solid changes that were needed, but it's just become a bit stale for me. Time to try either the new iPhone, see what Android 5.0 is about, or maybe even windows phone for a while!
It's a great time to test new devices and ecosystems. Keep an open mind people!
6. brrunopt (Posts: 739; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Still looks ugly; the G3 is way better looking
7. OldNorseBruin (Posts: 230; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
Let's see here: This new iJunk will: (1) Have a SMALLER screen than the NOTE 3 ; (2) But be LARGER in body-size than the NOTE 3 ; (3) Cost probably TWICE as much as the NOTE 3 ; (4) Have INFERIOR specs to ALL of the 2014 ANDROID flagships...
CONCLUSION: iJunk for the iCHUMPS...
11. mistertimi (Posts: 77; Member since: 28 May 2014)
I personally seriously dislike Apple in general, but the whole inferior specs thing is just silly now. Simply put iOS doesn'y need a 150-core CPU running at 5GHz lol. It's a highly efficient OS with Apple's own tailor-made and optimised skin on top.
I love Android and the power we have at our finger tips. But iPhones simply don't need that power, they run games just as well as the best Android devices out there, and in general barely lag. High end specs are only needed on Android because manufacturers like Samsung still don't know how to code properly so even with an S801 their skin STILL lags. Embarrassing really, which is why I stick with Sony who understand what optimisation means.
17. dr.c33 (Posts: 19; Member since: 31 May 2014)
I agree with you, but the the fact that even vanilla android is running on a virtual machine will make it "lag" more than iOS and WP8(.1). The thing is I would rather have the power at my finger tip than fluidity of the OS.
Oh, and Sony only got it right after their 4.3 version of android. Somehow the 4.1.2 Sony Timescape skin had some major memory problems. Phones with 1GB RAM kills the music when browsing due to ram constantly running out. And when you switch tasks, the tasks usually reload because they are killed in the background. But I'm glad they sorted it out in the 4.3 version though.
HTC Sense is in the same boat as Sony, their UI is getting more lightweight and less buggy overtime. Samsung's touchwiz... it's just a deadweight weighing down the already relatively heavier Android OS.
19. medtxa (Posts: 1000; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
its not for the os, it's for the potential apps duh
22. medtxa (Posts: 1000; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
duh Iphone can't play potentialy awesome game with a lot ram like android because it just 1 GB RAM
9. Donzzy (Posts: 12; Member since: 12 Jun 2014)
Lol my faux leather Note 3 looks a lot better than the 5.5 variant.
20. medtxa (Posts: 1000; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
A lot of people fail to apreciate the faux leather awesomeness.
21. medtxa (Posts: 1000; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
metal phone should be rigid otherwise not just for looks.
12. xperian (Posts: 227; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
I still prefer this ip6 over note. I don't mind big bezels, and the reason why I didn't buy iphone was small screen, so this may be perfect for me
14. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Let's see can't multitask no SD card micro, no high screen resolution no built in stylist, 1,000$ price tag, yep still the same ijunk
29. darkkjedii (Posts: 18383; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
A stylist is someone who styles, usually celebs. You mean a stylus, bash with intelligence, or don't bash.
16. KingQwerty (Posts: 15; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)
The next person that says BEZEL gets kicked in the teeth
23. blackberry_Boy (Posts: 213; Member since: 27 May 2014)
That's dumb why is 5.5inc on the iphone larger than the note 3 oh yea those large uneeded bezels on the iphone trying too hard to be large
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 18383; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
What dumb, is how you all flock to mock ups, and concepts that aren't even made by apple, and bash apple over some guys computer art.
24. medtxa (Posts: 1000; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
not intentionaly for style that big bezel are for circuit.
26. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
That device looks so proportionally wrong, it's getting silly now. So much for 4" is perfect. Apple is crazy nowadays without Steve Jobs.
28. TruPatriot (Posts: 107; Member since: 27 May 2013)
someone make an xzibit meme asking if they wanted bezels with their bezel...