’Mobile is eating the World’: see how phones and tablets are shaping the future
1. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
noone can forecast future in mobile industry. three years before who thought samsung would be at top?
2. grapeseed87 (Posts: 123; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
Future is most definitely Mobile & Tablets. But PCs are not over just yet. As long as Tablets can't fully approach the fluid multitasking ability of a PC OS, their dominance will be delayed.
3. Commentator (Posts: 2433; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Not to mention raw processing and graphical power.
5. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
But it just a matter of time...
Lets get EXCITED!!
4. speckledapple (Posts: 879; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
At least they show slides of information not forecasts as some of the forecasts can differ.
6. mas11 (Posts: 1030; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
The fact that Apple has such a high operating profit compared to how few units they sell says a lot about how much their phones really cost vs. how much they are sold for. (Slide 11)
TLDR: Apple's iPhones are extremely overpriced
7. Rehankhan (Posts: 323; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
i cant play crysis 3 or battlefield 4 on tablet/smartphone therefore your argument is invalid
8. FerneyZan (Posts: 67; Member since: 21 Jul 2010)
BF4 is not even out, so your point is invalid.. That is why I have 2 XBOX 360s for and looking forward to get me 2 more XBOX ONEs systems pretty soon,, so I can play those games and more on my HUGE TV.. not on a little tablet or Smartphone.. lol
10. Rehankhan (Posts: 323; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
i know bf4 is not out yet but i added bf4 because its an upcoming game with pretty good graphics
9. FerneyZan (Posts: 67; Member since: 21 Jul 2010)
According to this article I agree, but not fully.. PCs are not going anywhere anytime soon.. I love my Tablets I have at Home and all the crazy Smartphones and all. In fact, I would not trade my Samsung Note II for anything, but as much as I love all those gadgets, I love my PCs as much and use them heavily..
There will not be a one system that will have the ability or capacity to do everything we need and want, and by the time we manage that, we will be so far into the future that talking about it now is a waste of time.. LOL