Mobile data traffic to exceed 107 exabytes in 2017; what the (bleep) is an exabyte?
0. phoneArena 31 Jul 2012, 05:08 posted on
According to a research by ABI Research, all mobile data traffic generated worldwide is going to exceed the mind-blowing number of 107 exabytes. Apparently, this happens to be about 8 times more than the amount expected to be reached this year...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I can't wait until I get one exabyte in the SSD on my desktop. xD
Should be pretty soon with the way technology is advancing!
2. pats4thewin (Posts: 29; Member since: 10 Jul 2012)
if i cant fill my 1.5tb harddrive with music and movies i personally have no idea what id do with an exabyte lol
3. avasponge (Posts: 44; Member since: 03 May 2012)
2 trillion songs, 100,000 HD movies, and 500 trillion photos.
4. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
was about to say, is this DC Universe Online? Then I noticed it's exabyte and not exobyte, lol.
5. miles16852 (Posts: 241; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Uh OH! there goes my 5GB limit already exceeded in a blink of an eye!
6. xtroid2k (Posts: 513; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
Screw an exabyte im still trying to wrap my head around a petabyte lol