Mobile Olympics: phones with the best battery life
0. phoneArena posted on
We take another peak in our database of battery tests to see which phones offer the longest battery life, and the results might surprise you. It's not always the most popular flagship phones, and not even the ones with the highest juicer capacity that have the best battery life, but rather phones that are a good mix of battery capacity, frugal processors, and most of all - power-sipping screens...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
75. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1145; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
its sad that smartphones cant last long like basic phones.
93. Gemmol (Posts: 538; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
not true, my 1520 last long, but you right old school phones last very long
this my 1520 batteryhttp://postimg.org/image/64ld3
109. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1145; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
4 days just for general texting,alarms,music and no wifi?
110. Gemmol (Posts: 538; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
web browsing, texting, facebook messenger, beats music to stream music, spades (i like playing spades), Wifi on and off depending where I am at....I do not use alarm, and etc, I cannot remember what else I do
76. gabrielvoica (Posts: 57; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
lg g2 is very good compred to note 3 and others...
77. gabrielvoica (Posts: 57; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
sony xperia z1 had great battery on 4.3jb,not so good on 4.4kk...
79. GMS85 (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Why I can't see the S5 among those phones ? LMAO
166. aba71983 (Posts: 431; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
Me too. I was shock because I just watch there ads last week at Yahoo that it takes 5-6 days in a single charged if I may not mistaken
80. fireblade (Posts: 708; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
Lenovo P780 is the best mid ranger phone. It's hard to find in my country, already sold out.
81. Nexus4lifes (Posts: 75; Member since: 13 Feb 2014)
People complain Android is very resource intensive yet i don't see the Iphone or any WP in this list why?
92. Gemmol (Posts: 538; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
they only wanted to put android, its okay, no worries
if you want to compare my 1520 battery here is my phone battery stats to get an idea what windows is like on a 1520
103. AfterShock (Posts: 2812; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
That is what, the sixth post about your 1520.
Do you think no one could figure out from your message ONCE, what you're saying?
Hard to tell.
158. sbw44 (Posts: 398; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
No need to say sorry dude! You have just proven that the 4 and a half day battery life GSMArena gets with the 1520 is as good as it gets! its just Fandroids can't stand it that
164. AndroidIsBetter (Posts: 9; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
Why are you so butt hurt? Obviously no one cares about your 1520...
157. sbw44 (Posts: 398; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Because PA is a huge WP/Nokia hater!
GSMArena has proved over and over again the 1520 has the best best battery life and just recently the 1020 beating the latest flagships like s5 i a camera comparison!
Funny that both of these are never tested by PA in battery tests where the 1520 will dominate as well as the 1020 in camera!
96. buccob (Posts: 1481; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I wonder how would the Z1 Compact fare... It looked promising
97. buccob (Posts: 1481; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I wonder how would the Z1 Compact fare... It looked promising
101. chocowii (Posts: 327; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Psssh, smartphones. Cant last a day without charging. I heard theres a dumbphone that can last for a week.
105. a_tumiwa (Posts: 280; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
i think phonearena forget about Changhong Z9 with a 5000 mah battery
112. Gsizzle (Posts: 35; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
One thing I don't like about PhoneArena is that they don't locate what they Updated!
You guys need to make a separate paragraph for updates. It's easier to track and stay on top of things.
113. skatrdie0 (Posts: 34; Member since: 09 May 2014)
That's funny, I thought the g2 had better battery life than the s5 and where is the 1520?? Seems like PA is a little samsung bias. Look up the battery tests between g2 and s5 on gsmarena and here. G2 beats it
145. wilsong17 (Posts: 969; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Lol nice try troll did you forget about the ultra power saving mode on the s5
159. sbw44 (Posts: 398; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
It's more a disgrace than funny that PA refuses to test the battery life of the best Windows Phone!
I mean really? looks like they have something too hide!
115. milosuchiha (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
Where is Nokia Lumia 1520. It scored highest on the GSMArena test.
124. sbw44 (Posts: 398; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Wow seriously no Lumia 1520??? WTF is wrong with you PA? Looks like you really hate Nokia and WP
125. tatail (Posts: 215; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
Surprised not see BlackBerry Z30 up there, that thing lasts 25+ hours..
126. dlionbench (Posts: 8; Member since: 07 May 2014)
it will stay longer if the battery is new, wait for one year then let's see...
127. sunnyfpy (Posts: 54; Member since: 12 May 2013)
If your phone can only be use for x hours on a single charge so extending its use beyond that will only shorten the life of your phone.
128. nightfury (Posts: 56; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
xperia T2 ulta nails all phones in terms of battery except g flex according new gsmarena tests ...woooooooooooo..
129. RandomUsername (Posts: 488; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
The Z1 Compact has pretty good battery life too. Not quite as good as my old RAZR i, but still good :)
132. Ashref (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Mar 2014)
You have included Alcatel, but forget the name Gionee! :/ I own a Xperia Z and Gionee G-pad G4, The G-Pad's battery last longer at least for a day, while playing Games, Wi-Fi browsing etc..
133. undulose (Posts: 6; Member since: 04 Jan 2014)
I'm getting mad with PhoneArena's battery life articles. WHERE THE HELL IS NOKIA LUMA 1520 and LG G FLEX!? ARE YOU REALLY BIASED?
135. dude08 (Posts: 7; Member since: 12 May 2014)
why is there no lumia??lumia is pretty good when it comes to battery life,..
140. Adrian38 (Posts: 132; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
Huawei Ascend Mate 2 :) Easily last 3 to 4 days :) No one else even comes close.
142. lionheart97 (Posts: 7; Member since: 01 Jul 2014)
How did they leave out xperia z1 compact?
143. cezarepc (Posts: 575; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
I've seen enough zero lemmon mentions for today....
147. lolatfailphones (Posts: 153; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
The trolls are on coffee today on phonearena
150. carilotoz (Posts: 12; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
nokia xl lasted 6h 26 min
where it is?!?!?!?!?!
153. gigaraga (Posts: 1220; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Note 3 FTW. With swappable battery..double the battery life or 10000mAh zero lemon lasts forever!
154. Totse2k15 (Posts: 272; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Better get a slim portable external battery pack or smartphones with replaceable battery, don't wanna be a "wall hugger". I see flip phones/smartphones wall huggers at the laundry mostly.
Ps., just ordered a Lumsing 10400mAh/$19.99. Lulz!
162. AndrewHipolite (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Apr 2014)
I wonder why the article and the comments didn'd mention the phone with the largest battery available(5300mAh) by far, the Philips w6610?
165. aba71983 (Posts: 431; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
WTF! Why not include the Samsung Galaxy S5 and I've watch there ads last week at Yahoo and it takes 5 or 6 days in a single charged if I may not mistaken. So, your saying now that the ads for Samsung Galaxy S5 is not true and they just making believe to the people for that ads. What about the Samsung Galaxy Note 3? Not even included because I read many comments here that they saying, they have Note 3 and it take 1 day battery life.
I can't believe that Samsung is not on the list and they sucking their Samsung Android fanboys.
167. na7noo7 (Posts: 263; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)
I'm looking forward to the 7 inch jPhone with 5 25,000mAh batteries and Mega Hyper Power saving mode, hell it would last me 8 years and a half until the batteries die.
168. solix2289 (Posts: 5; Member since: 02 Mar 2013)
Lumia 1520 is completely forgotten here. It has one of the best battery. 3400mah.
169. AndroidIsBetter (Posts: 9; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
I have a GS5 with extra batteries so battery life is pretty much irrelevant to me. Only people that buy "sealed shut" phones should care about battery life. Because when your battery dies, you must go plug your phone up to a wall like a dog on a leash. When my S5 dies I just pop in a fully charged battery and Im good...
171. sbw44 (Posts: 398; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Once again PA does not want to test the 1520. Probably scared That Nokia has the best camera phones aswell as one with the best battery life as proven by gsmarena!
172. Sealblaighter (Posts: 60; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I don't understand what are they meaning when saying a phone lasts 9 hours for example?
GSMArena is testing their phones in another way I think. And the Mate 7 has a weak battery life according to them, and I believe that. It has a battery life of 67 hours. You can visit and check the review.
174. ardem (Posts: 3; Member since: 22 Jul 2014)
Why there is not the name of THL 5000 in the list?
175. MasterSyrron (Posts: 25; Member since: 08 Dec 2012)
Who the hell calls a battery "juicer"? And so many times over...
176. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 816; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
Android, as an OS, is a LOT more power hungry than Windows Phone (I have no experience with iPhones.) Even with all the updates, the open nature of the OS allows for many apps to run simultaneously. They often run on primetime hardware (and, yes, they are more capable in many areas when compared with other phones, including Windows Phones.)
However, in all my experiences, Android has always required more charging than my Windows Phones.
More recently, the two variants of the M8 were pitted against one another... and the discovery was that the Windows Phone version lasted a whole lot longer than the Android model.
Which is why I am surprised I only see ONE Lumia on this list.
For the many strengths and weaknesses Windows Phone - as a platform - has... PhoneArena is sure to point out the weaknesses, and go completely silent on its strengths.
Shame... The Lumia 1520 will still outperform and last longer than most the phones on this list.