Mobile Games and Apps Store announced by Verizon
0. phoneArena 02 Apr 2009, 13:20 posted on
At least gamers will leave the CTIA event in good mood…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. willieg3 (Posts: 24; Member since: 29 Jan 2009)
Hey guys guess what!!! Verizon has already had this for years! Its called Get It Now, which has been available for years on most phones! This is nothing new, the only difference is you can access it from the Mobile Web now and it looks a little more flashy since they show pictures of games. But hey as long as it has the word "App" in there people are going to go nuts because they act like everyone is following after the iPhone.
2. T-Money3000 (unregistered)
GIN Search to be exact.
4. belve14 (Posts: 113; Member since: 31 Mar 2009)
Verizon is just trying to put more money in there pocket and I agree with willieg3 that everyone is trying to follow the apple lol. Its sad but true
6. Legion (Posts: 397; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
I know right! We all know that Verizon never had a mobile store where a user could download applications years ago.
7. belve14 (Posts: 113; Member since: 31 Mar 2009)
Your so funny Legion...thats not the point read before you right
9. *HOVA* (Posts: 564; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Wow.... use grammar before YOU type... is that write? I mean right?
12. belve14 (Posts: 113; Member since: 31 Mar 2009)
Yeah Im so sorry english teacher you are bumhova lol.
13. The Spartan (Posts: 98; Member since: 27 Jan 2009)
You're a jackass belve. Go back to first grade.
15. VGirl (Posts: 27; Member since: 14 Jan 2009)
i think its more because people are too simple minded to except any other words to discripe and "Application" store, witch is exactly what Get it Now has been for years.
16. TheCellDepotVZW (Posts: 26; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
I really dont see how VZW is trying to copy apple when it says it right there in the article. "They have had Get It Now for 5 Years." From what I've seen GIN (Now Media Center) is basically a VZW application store exclusive to VZW customers for 5 years to get different application for business, email, games, ringtones and much more. Looks to like Apple is really the one who copied VZW since I didnt see ANY application stores let alone any phones from apple 5 years ago!!! All there doing with this new service is expanding the way to get the applications and downloads.
3. vzw fanman (Posts: 1973; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
when i had the voyager i had the 15 $ vpack and it was awesome..especially ESPN MVP...why is the time off by one hour
5. heavybreathing (Posts: 276; Member since: 26 Feb 2009)
vzw you don't have to pay money for the virgin pack...god gave you that for free. Now you may have to pay money to get RID of the virgin pack but thats an issue with you.
11. ICanAffordVZW (Posts: 123; Member since: 15 Dec 2008)
you are completely retarded, heavybreathing. I am assuming you are breathing heavy because you are an overweight 36 year old man living with your mother.
14. The Spartan (Posts: 98; Member since: 27 Jan 2009)
^ Loser. SPRINT For The Epic Fail (FTEF).
8. rbz275 (Posts: 37; Member since: 09 Apr 2008)
Get it now was available long before the VX8000... the monochrome screened VX10 had it too.