Mobile Choice Consumers Award 2012: Samsung Galaxy S III best smartphone, Apple iPad best tablet
0. phoneArena posted on 05 Oct 2012, 14:15
The Mobile Choice Consumers Award show for 2012 is now over in London and the Samsung Galaxy S III won the trophy for being the best smartphone of the year while on the tablet side, the trophy went to the Apple iPad; the Apple iPhone 5 was not included in the competition...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 05 Oct 2012, 14:16 28
It's not a surprise. The Samsung Galaxy S III is the worlds best phone in 2012, well until the new Nexus comes out! lol
7. Droid_X_Doug posted on 05 Oct 2012, 14:25 11
But then the GS IV will be released and Sammy fans can rejoice again.
15. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 05 Oct 2012, 14:53 4
Well not really the new Nexus is scheduled to come in November. The Galaxy S IV will come in June. So 7 months is quite the long time.
28. PhenomFaz posted on 05 Oct 2012, 15:43 1
Guys guys important thing here is to save face Apple didnt include that debacle of a phone called the iPhone 5! Oh man it just makes my day :)
30. PAPINYC posted on 05 Oct 2012, 15:51 5
Helloooooo......... Galaxy Note II will AnnihiLate next year (well, at least it will the iPhone 5)!
How funny, PhoneArena claims 'we don't take sides'.
They must've let loose an iTurd when the Awards were announced.
39. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 05 Oct 2012, 19:38 3
its funny to me how they wont compare the iphone 5 cuz it came out too late but in "reviews" they compared the iphone 5 to the One X and even the nokia 900! "
42. PAPINYC posted on 05 Oct 2012, 20:42 0
Yeah, they've even gone as far as comparing the iPhone 5 to the iPhone 4S and iPhone 4. I'm surprised that they've yet to compare the iPhone 5 to the Samsung Gusto (with the all-important 911 shortcut).
You would think that [that] miNi i5 upgrade (of the 4S) were the reiNcArnAtiOn of Our iLord Steve.
45. whysoserious posted on 05 Oct 2012, 23:58 0
It's not PA's fault, it's the Mobile Choice Consumers Award's call that they didn't bring up iPhone 5 to the competition.
36. letgomyeggroll posted on 05 Oct 2012, 16:58 1
The Nexus is no different from S3!!!!!!!!!!!! It's basicly the same phone but in a different shell.
37. Hemlocke (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2012, 18:18 2
The fact that the camera on the SGS3 was considered second to the 808 shows how much of a farce this show was.
43. jroc74 posted on 05 Oct 2012, 22:19 1
Camera is only one part of the equation, right? How does the camera coming in 2nd to the 808 erase everything else about the GS3?
50. chaoticrazor posted on 06 Oct 2012, 14:06 1
exactly, the 808 is basically the best camera phone there is, no one can doubt that
but best phone has to consider everything, it doesn't have to have the best of everything just the best experience and function........if im making any sense
2. doejon posted on 05 Oct 2012, 14:22 22
galaxy note 2 the most innovative media phone of all time!
34. applesauce posted on 05 Oct 2012, 16:50 4
ALL time? Forward and back?
Also, innovative? Screen size and usability software aren't innovative, just evolutionary and clever. innovation would be if they had some sort of biometric or cyborg device one could attach to themselves so a stylus wouldn't be required, or if both sides of the device were a screen and it retained its thinness and functionality (though excepting presentations, I can't think of a practical application of that on a phone/phablet, though could for a tablet)
53. someones4 posted on 06 Oct 2012, 20:40 1
then i sincerely hope that you won't call any iproducts innovative since most of them fits your description.
3. droidspd posted on 05 Oct 2012, 14:22 21
Well deserved for the GS3. I would easily put the One X ahead of the iPhone though.
14. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 05 Oct 2012, 14:50 3
lol they must be looking at their long iphone 4s and wondering why my phone is not phone of the year. oh guess what it never was.
but no worries with apple maps they can easily get away from reality and be happy thinking that they have the best phone ever made.
17. JunitoNH posted on 05 Oct 2012, 15:03 2
Do you know how to read? Or is that a prerequisite to own an Android device. Is clearly says, the iPhone 5 was Not included.
23. Jobes posted on 05 Oct 2012, 15:22 3
Aside from benchmarks there is not much of a difference between the 4s and 5.. js lol. I'll give a high five to Apple for overall speed but in the same respect it requires so much less to run iOS as opposed to a very resource hungry OS such as Android. Most of the stuff people were so happy about was included in the bump to iOS6 so most people shouldn't see the need for the upgrade considering. If anything Apple should have released all the new iOS features to the iPhone 4 etc. God forbid they allow "fragmentation" if anything just a ploy to give iPhone 4 users reason to upgrade to the iPhone 5.
8. twilliams5108 posted on 05 Oct 2012, 14:25 4
The iPhone 4S is a year old and still came in second against all the top android and window phones. Lol. That's funny.
9. -box- posted on 05 Oct 2012, 14:25 5
2012 isn't over yet, why give the award out now? GS3 definitely best overall phone SO FAR this year, with OneX and Lumia 900 as runners up. Got a lot of phones coming before 12/31....
31. -box- posted on 05 Oct 2012, 15:56 2
Also, how would the GS3 even come close to the 808 PureView? 808 should have walked away with that easily.
33. applesauce posted on 05 Oct 2012, 16:47 0
Yeah that wording seemed strange too. What has a better camera, a camera with a phone attached, or a good all-around with a decent camera? Hmm.
41. someones4 posted on 05 Oct 2012, 20:06 0
Actually, i thought one x would beat s3. perhaps they looked at the overall package?
10. Droiddoes (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2012, 14:31 12
I'm confused, apple said that the iphone was the greatest phone in the world. apple wouldn't lie to me....would they?
24. Jobes posted on 05 Oct 2012, 15:23 3
They didn't.. they said it was the greatest iPhone yet ;P just like they always do lol
11. Berzerk000 posted on 05 Oct 2012, 14:31 6
One X got beaten by the 4S? The 5 I would understand, I know it was released too late, but the 4S? Eh. Bronze isn't bad, plus it took best video phone and for social networking, so props to HTC for that. But major win by Sammy taking the gold for 2 years in a row, congrats to them. If only iPhone 5, Note II, and One X+ could be included in this, then the list might be a bit different...
22. Berzerk000 posted on 05 Oct 2012, 15:19 0
I don't think there was a best battery category... Shame ): Seriously though, the Razr Maxx should've been included in there somewhere.
13. infinitemethod posted on 05 Oct 2012, 14:47 7
Even if the iPhone 5 was included, the SGIII still dominates it. After all, anything running iOS is extremely far behind Jelly Bean. W's!
16. CanYouSeeTheLight posted on 05 Oct 2012, 15:02 3
The Galaxy SIII might have won, but i wouldn't trade my One X for an SIII. :)
18. HowMyDictate posted on 05 Oct 2012, 15:11 0
To me they are so close it would just be throwing money away for a slightly better phone IMO.
32. infinitemethod posted on 05 Oct 2012, 16:47 1
Man, I was a die hard HTC fan for years. Went from Evo to Galaxy Nexus and it was a world of difference. I did put Jelly Bean on the Nexus about 2 month ago, but I'll never buy an HTC device again. Note 2!
49. CanYouSeeTheLight posted on 06 Oct 2012, 10:10 0
You might want to reconsider your last point, the new One line is pretty damn awesome, my stock 4.0.4 One X hits 5900 on quadrant and there are people reporting that with jellybean it hits near 7000 on quadrant, and the overall performance is just awesome.
21. kingpet13 posted on 05 Oct 2012, 15:19 1
I am still hoping Asus makes the Nexus 10. That would probably do better than the nexus 7. IMHO.
25. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2012, 15:26 0
Apple didn't get an award for design or value, so much for the tons of comments I've been reading from a certain camp that believes it's the tops in both those categories.
26. maxican16 posted on 05 Oct 2012, 15:36 0
Really wish I had the opportunity to even purchase an One X to try out with my carrier.
27. Reverence posted on 05 Oct 2012, 15:38 0
i love s3..all those features but i think that iphone is a bit better than s3 cuz i hav mac nd ipad too so thats y id prefer iphone...but it all comes to person liking....some love s3 other hate it sam goes for iphone...
29. iconic123 posted on 05 Oct 2012, 15:45 1
Why isnt there an lg,motorola phone? And am actually wonderin how an ip4 came 2nd beatin one x? Come on even one x is better than ip5,
40. someones4 posted on 05 Oct 2012, 20:04 0
This is sort of reflected in previous news and articles. Good job anyway.
even if iphone 5 is launched earlier, i think the s3 is still going to win. It just saves apple some embarrassment.
44. rusticguy posted on 05 Oct 2012, 22:41 0
So what is IP5 was launched late. That's no excuse. IP5 is just an IP4s stretched a bit in a hurry and stuffed with iOS666.
46. Rexperia posted on 06 Oct 2012, 00:16 0
thank God that SONY got some of them...kerp up the good work SONY!
47. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 06 Oct 2012, 01:45 0
wow!! 808 pureview still amazing!! this might be the last award that a symbian smartphone can recieve!!!
i still think N9 deserve the best design coz it was the original one to wear the unibody! but alteast the design won!
51. chaoticrazor posted on 06 Oct 2012, 14:11 0
agree with you, would of been nice to see the n9 get some recognition as it was the start of that design
the 808, well there is no surprise it won, the camera is miles ahead of any other phone.
52. stylinred posted on 06 Oct 2012, 16:23 0
the 808 narrowly beat the sgs3s camera...... lol wut
54. chaoticrazor posted on 07 Oct 2012, 08:47 0
well i think that could be down to the 808 not been so widely known but still find it weird as the 808 is miles ahead