Mini Apple iPad rumors bolstered by Apple's purchase of 7.85 inch screens
0. phoneArena 18 Oct 2011, 11:45 posted on
Taiwan's Economic Daily reports that Apple has been purchasing 7.85 inch screens from LG Dislpay and AU Optronics, with the screens being used for a mini-version of the Apple iPad; allegedly scheduled to launch in early 2012, the mini Apple iPad's screen will have the same resolution as the display on the iPad 2...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
interesting. first time for apple to rival the competition.
4. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
New leadership. I hope it works out for the best
12. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Ignoring what the market wanted is what got RIM into the heap of trouble that it is presently experiencing. With Steve gone, the pragmatists at Apple have an opportunity to address the evolving market reality (7 inch tablets). Otherwise, Apple will see a segment grow and thrive while it will be on the sidelines watching.
3. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
LMAO, I bet droiders would love a 7inch
6. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Not on Apple. Big screens are only good on android phones.
15. SuperEd (Posts: 114; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Yea, they probably would! Cuz a 9 inch is just to big to lug around.
5. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4498; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
taco50 it's good to see you have a sense of humor. lol
16. andro. (Posts: 1974; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
They need to fix the iphone 4s screen first,complaints coming in of faulty screens:
also lets face it its battery gate:
All those poor saps who were fooled into buying last years iphone now renamed 4(s) and this one is even more faulty than last years release of it!! Imagine their faces when they realise that a program available for the last year on other os now called siri on apple also is prob not availabe in their countries untill "sometime down along the line"!!!
7. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Actually, the 5th gen iPod Touch will be released with a 7 inch screen, 1024x768 resolution and WiFi and LTE versions. That way, Apple can remain true to Steve by not releasing a 7 inch iPad. The 5th gen iPod Touch might even come with Flash compatibility.....
8. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
I hope you're true. I'm really thinking about getting iPad 3 or iPod Touch 5th.. =)
13. vijaysivakula (Posts: 171; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
This is how the future is going to be for this -
Apple will release a 7" tablet as mentioned here.
They will make a presentation that a 7" tablet is good for taking notes and lugging around.
Apple will present a "Magical Pen" that can write on this ipad.
And all the fanboys will go gaga and start drooling over this revolutionary idea that you can write on the ipad.
There will be applications for drawing and painting that will use this "Magical Pen" technology.
Score 1 for Apple, 0 for Android.
11. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
It will never have flash. It's a design choice by Apple.
17. DROIDX0430 (Posts: 414; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
Maybe its the iphone 5 screens..gonna emulate the dell streek next time around since theyve manage to copy everyone else technology
20. roscuthiii (Posts: 1884; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
The 7" display size that Apple/Steve said wasn't any good and no one wanted?